2022, 2023, & 2024 Baseball Commitments (Merged with the 2018+ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It’s just the first round and the compositions pick
2nd day is rounds 2-15
3rd day is rounds 16-40

My bad. Sorry for the confusion

So from my count, we have 33 current guys on the roster who still have eligibility.

From compiling newcomers listed in this thread, perfect game, and jucos, we have 32 guys potentially coming in.

Obviously some guys will see the writing on the wall and leave, while others will be drafted and never make it to campus, but the roster turnover/shakeup is going to be dramatic. Should be interesting to follow how all of this shakes out.

So from my count, we have 33 current guys on the roster who still have eligibility.

From compiling newcomers listed in this thread, perfect game, and jucos, we have 32 guys potentially coming in.

Obviously some guys will see the writing on the wall and leave, while others will be drafted and never make it to campus, but the roster turnover/shakeup is going to be dramatic. Should be interesting to follow how all of this shakes out.

Next season, best hitting lineup since the 2005 team.

Parents and players of sophomore’s are crazy to show up in the fall. If you’re any type of player, I would run to a JUCO. Vitello needs the junior’s for balance but in my option (and only my option) could care less about any of Serrano’s sophomore picks.

For the “so explain” posters…look at the week's leading to the end of the season. One freshman in left field and his boy GC burning the gun every night on the mound. No doubt Vitello is moving in the correct direction, but this is not a place for next season’s sophomores (regardless of talent).

Parents and players of sophomore’s are crazy to show up in the fall. If you’re any type of player, I would run to a JUCO. Vitello needs the junior’s for balance but in my option (and only my option) could care less about any of Serrano’s sophomore picks.

For the “so explain” posters…look at the week's leading to the end of the season. One freshman in left field and his boy GC burning the gun every night on the mound. No doubt Vitello is moving in the correct direction, but this is not a place for next season’s sophomores (regardless of talent).

So, you are talking, how many I guess of current freshman...I'm looking at about 5 or so that didn't really contribute, that could red shirt or move on...what kind of numbers are you thinking and if I'm off base feel free to point me in the right direction.

So, you are talking, how many I guess of current freshman...I'm looking at about 5 or so that didn't really contribute, that could red shirt or move on...what kind of numbers are you thinking and if I'm off base feel free to point me in the right direction.

Not speaking of current freshmen, speaking of this past season’s freshmen (sophomores in August). Infield next season will be JUCO heavy and Jay and Justin will take 2 of the 3 outfield spots. Pitching will be primarily juniors, a new JUCO, and a few freshman arms.

Do the math, Vitello does not want to win with Serrano’s 2018 class…which is totally fine. All I am saying is, if you are talented and can hop to JUCO to regain D1 status why not do it?

Not speaking of current freshmen, speaking of this past season’s freshmen (sophomores in August). Infield next season will be JUCO heavy and Jay and Justin will take 2 of the 3 outfield spots. Pitching will be primarily juniors, a new JUCO, and a few freshman arms.

Do the math, Vitello does not want to win with Serrano’s 2018 class…which is totally fine. All I am saying is, if you are talented and can hop to JUCO to regain D1 status why not do it?

I'm confused, you mean CDS' 2017 class?

Perfect Game Baseball Player College Commitments

Evan Russell

Zach Daniels

Wyatt Stapp

Nick Woods

Chase Wallace

Gunnar Ricketts

Donavan Benoit

Evan Gilliam

Riley Watkins

Brandon Trammell (legacy)

Sean Hunley

Joshua Plummer

Garrett Crochet

Sam Springer

Without naming names, or ya can if ya want to...how many of these guys are you suggesting go JUCO?

Evan Russell

Zach Daniels

Wyatt Stapp

Nick Woods

Chase Wallace

Gunnar Ricketts

Donavan Benoit

Evan Gilliam

Riley Watkins

Brandon Trammell (legacy)

Sean Hunley

Joshua Plummer

Garrett Crochet

Sam Springer

Without naming names, or ya can if ya want to...how many of these guys are you suggesting go JUCO?

All but 2 imo

All but 2 imo

All but 2, okay sure....plenty of talent on that list that Vitello didnt develop. But that's been discussed before.

It's simple, good players should jump and get with a coaching staff they choose not inherit. Imagine many players will stick around for the free gear but, I just dont understand why.

All but 2, okay sure....plenty of talent on that list that Vitello didnt develop. But that's been discussed before.

It's simple, good players should jump and get with a coaching staff they choose not inherit. Imagine many players will stick around for the free gear but, I just dont understand why.

A lot of that list isn't sticking around unless they are willing to stay without $

The draft has already proven it...it doesn't matter much where you go...the cream will rise to the top and the scouts will find it.

I wish all the current Vols success whatever they choose.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back