2021 Target List

Well, Kennedy Chandler had no problem telling Coach K thanks, but no thanks, in favor of Barnes, but I think we can all universally agree that Barnes, while a good guy, developer of talent, and knowledgeable coach, is not in the same tier as Coach K.

You can't look at every recruiting scenario in a vacuum. Recruits are looking for different things. Each case is unique. If I'm a kid from Atlanta looking to play for a winning program and a coach who has an established program and history of developing players at that program, I'm choosing Tennessee over Georgia. If I'm an introvert who is close to my family and wants to be near them, and feel a loyalty to my home state and just want to go somewhere where I will be comfortable, I'd likely choose UGA.
Coach K does less with more than any coach in college basketball, except maybe Roy and Cuonzo.

Come on...its fine to hate him, but he has 5 NCAAT titles, 12 Final Fours, and 3 National Coach of the Year awards.
I dont hate him. I just dont think he improves many of his teams, especially in recent times. He has wasted more talent and teams than he enhanced. When he gets a top player now, it's not scary.

I heard Wideman scored 4 TDs in the football scrimmage, yesterday. I'm sure a couple of 'em, utilized his vertical on an endzone fade/jump ball and he took advantage of his hops. As much as I love Wideman in basketball, he will probably never see the court. It's a shame, because imo, he could be a damn good basketball player at UT.

Reactions: Vols All Day
I heard Wideman scored 4 TDs in the football scrimmage, yesterday. I'm sure a couple of 'em, utilized his vertical on an endzone fade/jump ball and he took advantage of his hops. As much as I love Wideman in basketball, he will probably never see the court. It's a shame, because imo, he could be a damn good basketball player at UT.
Where did you hear this?

Updated board, removed Silas and Whitt...

#4 Jabari Smith - (6'10" PF)
#5 Brandon Huntley-Hatfield** (6'8" PF)
#9 Caleb Houstan (6’8” SF)
#10 Kennedy Chandler (6'1" PG)-COMMITTED
#22 Charles Bediako (6'11" C)
#30 Daron Holmes ll (6’8” PF)
#48 Jahmai Mashack (6’4” SG)
#50 Micawber Etienne (6'10" C)
#87 Ryan Mutombo (7’ C)

Last edited:
Reactions: i2amavol

#86 Ryan Mutombo (6'11" C)

It sure would be sweet to sign a couple of those 6’8”, 6’10”, and 6’11” fellers.

#86 Ryan Mutombo (6'11" C)
May as well remove Mutumbo, as well. He isn't coming here, and has a final 3 of Georgetown, Georgia, and Stanford.

Where/when did he release a Top 3?
Not sure that he did release a top 3 in an official capacity. And it really won't matter in the end. He's going to Georgetown. There has been zero talk about Tennessee with him outside of us offering and doing a virtual tour. He listed a group of schools back in June that were recruiting him the hardest and Tennessee was not one of them. We may try and get back in it, but it seems like he may be making a decision pretty soon, so I doubt it will mean much if we try and ramp things up, now.

Reactions: xtremevolfan
Not sure that he did release a top 3 in an official capacity. And it really won't matter in the end. He's going to Georgetown. There has been zero talk about Tennessee with him outside of us offering and doing a virtual tour. He listed a group of schools back in June that were recruiting him the hardest and Tennessee was not one of them. We may try and get back in it, but it seems like he may be making a decision pretty soon, so I doubt it will mean much if we try and ramp things up, now.
I agree we aren’t much of a player, I just typically don’t remove a kid until he’s eliminated us, like Sallis just did releasing a Top 12. I never saw a Top 3 released by or for Mutombo so that’s why I still had him on the list, but I’ve removed him.

I agree we aren’t much of a player, I just typically don’t remove a kid until he’s eliminated us, like Sallis just did releasing a Top 12. I never saw a Top 3 released by or for Mutombo so that’s why I still had him on the list, but I’ve removed him.
Yeah, I figured it might just save you some questions from other posters about him.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Nothing that I haven't written about in the War Room. I continue to hear that they're in very deep with Mashack, which I have found surprising giving that he's a Cali kid and there are no visits obviously. Told that he has family in Tennessee and that eases some of the distance concerns.

I think Bediako has legit interest in them. If Huntley-Hatfield reclassifies Tennessee will be a major, major player for him. They continue to be in deep with Jabari Smith and I think they have some solid connections to Caleb Houstan.
-Rob Lewis.

This class could really go in so many different directions. I'm curious to see which domino drops first. It's probably Mashack and after that it's anyone's guess.

247 updated rankings...

#5 Jabari Smith - (6'10" PF)
#8**Brandon Huntley-Hatfield** (6'8" PF)
#18 Kennedy Chandler (6'1" PG)-COMMITTED
#27 Charles Bediako (6'11" C)
#41 Micawber Etienne (6'10" C)
#42 Jahmai Mashack (6’4” SG)
#49 Daron Holmes ll (6’8” PF)
#71 Ryan Mutombo (7’ C)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back