2021 Target List

Basketball Recruiting - Adidas Finale: The Bossi Awards

: What didn't Ingram do in SoCal? He won a title. He made his teammates better, he scored when needed and he led both vocally and by example for YGC36. Know what else he did? Things like take on taking on the task of defending top 10 2020 big man
Makur Maker and causing him all kinds of trouble.

Recruitment: Said he'll be announcing finalists soon and has offers from Baylor, Florida, Kansas, Oklahoma, Purdue, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and Vanderbilt to name a few.

Would be nice if he did indeed announce finalists soon, I think Tennessee would likely make the cut.

One of the top wings in the class of 2021, rising junior Harrison Ingram isn't lacking for attention. A smooth, skilled and versatile small forward from Dallas (Texas) St. Mark's who ranks No. 21 nationally, Smith has been turning heads with his play all summer long. Already holding offers from Baylor, Kansas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Purdue, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tennessee, UCLA and others, Ingram has seen Duke, Kentucky and North Carolina ramp up their interest thanks to his play with his summer team, YGC36.
Duke: “They came to all of my games in Alabama this month. They had two assistants at all of my games and they called my trainer and said that they are really interested. They hadn’t heard of me until this summer so our relationship is just getting started.” Kansas: “They want me to come in and show my versatility and my passing skills. They always get the top talent but top talent normally just scores, scores, scores so they like how I can get everybody involved.” Kentucky: “They are the same as Duke; we are just getting started. It’s a big-time school, most of the kids that go there it’s not automatic but you are most likely going pro. It’s a big time program with (John) Calipari and all of that." North Carolina: ‘I’ve been talking to them since last year. They love me. They love how I’ve been working on my shot. Last year I used to just be a stand-still shooter, nothing else. Now I’m getting better as as shooter off the dribble and everything else.” Stanford: “They’ve told me to my face, the head coach Jerod Haase told me to my face that I’m their number one guy, That’s a big impact. I’ve been out there three times and it has a big impact. I want to play right away when I get there and you see what they did with Kezie Okpala. He wasn’t even known until his senior year and you saw what they can do with him.” UCLA: “UCLA is really high on me. They want me to be one of their first official visitors under Mick Cronin. They like my versatility and they don’t say you have to play this certain position; they think I can play any position." Local programs and more: “All of the in-state schools call me like every day. Plus Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Purdue. Purdue is on me, whoa, they are on me hard. Like they've been all over me."
In addition to UCLA, Ingram cited Stanford -- which is trying to get him and top 35 West Coast point guard Isa Silva to entertain attending as a package deal --- and Purdue as programs being particularly aggressive to get him on campus. But, he's likely got some sorting of his list to do before he sets anything up. “I don’t think I’m going to lock anything in until I get my top eight," said Ingram. "That will probably come out as soon as the end of summer." It's pretty clear that Stanford, UCLA and Purdue have a good shot to make his top eight. From there it's about opportunity to play and his list is likely going to be a mix of blueblood programs and locals. "I would like a good chance to play right away and I don’t want a school that’s saying I have to be redshirted or play behind somebody else," he said. “I want to have some in-state schools in there as well. All of the talk is about how Texas has all the talent, or at least a lot it, and how everybody always leaves. The last time that Texas won a national championship was (1966) when UTEP was still Texas Western so for sure some Texas schools will be in there.”
-Rivals

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Options are not in short supply for Carter Whitt. The No. 45 player in 2021 has seen some of the more powerful programs offer, but there is also a chance that he could reclassify into the 2020 class if the right opportunity presents itself. Completing his junior travel season with the Upward Stars program, Whitt is valued most for his ability to share the basketball. Thanks to his high IQ and playmaking abilities, a list of schools including Boston College, Clemson, Florida, Maryland, NC State, Ohio State and Virginia have offered Whitt, he told Rivals.com.
Boston College: “They want for me to come in and run the show. North Carolina guys have gotten to the league the past few years from there and they think that I can do that there.” Clemson: “They just want for me to come in and be different and not follow everyone else’s footsteps but rather do my own thing.” Florida: “What they have done with guards and they need a guard in that 2021 class, just coming in, having the ball and making plays.” Maryland: “They want me more so for 2020, so just to come in from day one and lead a top-25 team right away.” NC State: “They want for me to be the hometown guy. I think that I fit their system pretty well and I can come in and have the ball in my hands. It would be nice to really close to home but I also don’t think that it will be much of a deciding factor for me.” Virginia: “All of the things that they have done there and how he (Tony Bennett) will be there until the end of his career, that is really cool and also the way that he has developed his guards. Their progress, it is proof for what he and they can do.”
“I think that I am going to visit Louisville, maybe Ohio State, and Boston College,” he said. “I might be taking an official visit to Boston at the end of August.” Sitting as a strong four-star prospect in the 2021 class, there is a chance that Whitt could make the move up a year. “I think for me, to go in 2020, I would need to have the right situation to make it happen,” he said. “I am open to it, though.” Whether he makes the leap into the 2020 class is up for debate but such a decision will not be made until the spring, he told Rivals.com. NC State and Virginia were thought to be the favorites early in the process but with the recent introductions of a handful of successful programs into his recruitment, selecting a favorite remains difficult.
-Rivals

Basketball Recruiting - McDonald's Nuggets: NCAA camps, Cam Hayes, prediction

I had a really good conversation with class of 2021 point guard
Cam Hayes on Wednesday night about his recruitment. The four-star prospect has schools from all over the East Coast chasing him down. The newest school to jump into the mix has been Maryland. Hayes mentioned that since offering him a couple weeks ago the Terps staff has been relentlessly recruiting him. The North Carolina native also mentioned Clemson, Florida State, Louisville, NC State, Tennessee, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Wake Forestas schools involved in his recruitment. He has visits in August set with Louisville and Maryland, and he plans to take official visits to Florida State, NC State and Tennessee in September.

Reactions: AngryButchJones

On the recruiting trail, things have been very busy for Ingram since college coaches were able to begin contacting him directly in June.
“It has been about everybody who has offered,” said Ingram. “That would be all of the Texas schools, Stanford, UCLA, Kansas, Georgetown, Illinois, Purdue, Ole Miss and a lot of other schools.”

He continued, “Arkansas, Oklahoma State and Purdue probably hit me up the most. They call me, text message me, email me, everything like that.”

Recently Ingram made a visit to Purdue, and the Boilermakers made a big impression.

He continued about the Boilermakers, “Coach (Matt) Painter is telling me that look what he was able to do with Carsen Edwards. Carsen was ranked pretty high, but not a five-star guy, and he told me to imagine what he could do for me.”

One school that Ingram would like to visit is Arkansas.

“I definitely want to get to Arkansas,” said Ingram. “Their head coach, his nephew goes to my school, so I want to get up there for sure and get to know them better.”

Mike Boynton and Oklahoma State have also been very active in recruiting Ingram, and it is a school that he is very interested in.
“I have a really good relationship with Oklahoma State,” said Ingram. “One of my trainers went to Oklahoma State and he has told me it is a good place, and then I also talk to Coach Boynton all the time and we have a great relationship.”

When it comes to the in-state programs, both Texas and Texas Tech have made a big impression.

About Texas, Ingram said, “I grew up watching them and I was a fan of all of the Texas schools. For me to get an offer from Texas meant a ton. It showed me all of the hard work and sacrifices I made paid off.”
Seeing Texas Tech make their run to the national championship opened up Ingram’s eyes, and showed what the Red Raiders coaching staff is capable of.

Look for Ingram to take his time making a decision, and to make numerous visits before narrowing down his list and issuing a commitment.
-Brian Snow/247

VN Store

Back