#10 Kennedy Chandler (6'1" PG)-COMMITTED
#11 Hunter Sallis (6'3" Combo G)
#22 Charles Bediako (6'11" C)
#30 Daron Holmes ll (6’8” PF)
#48 Jahmai Mashack (6’4” SG)
#50 Micawber Etienne (6'10" C)
#62 Carter Whitt (6'3" PG)
#86 Ryan Mutombo (6'11" C)

Daron Holmes said recently Tennessee is one of the schools prioritizing him...Sallis and Whitt are 2 guys probably off the board, everyone else we seem to be involved with.

Where do we stand w SF/wings in this class? If Josiah and Keon both go pro, we’d have Ticket and probably Walker? If that’s a possibility I think that actually sounds pretty good. What’s the deal w Randy Brady? Are we actually pursuing him? Would he have the ability to contribute as a freshman?

#2 Paolo Banchero - (6'9" PF)
#5 Brandon Huntley-Hatfield** (6'8" PF)
#9 Caleb Houstan (6’8” SF)
#48 Jahmai Mashack (6’4” SG(

All capable of playing the 3, although the first 2 are better suited at the 4. I highly doubt all 3 of JJJ/Springer/Keon are gone, any of them could play the 3 if needed. Then you’ve also got Gaines and Walker on roster, and Pember who ideally develops the quickness to be a 3.

Not sure we were really ever in it for Hunter Sallis aside from making him an offer, but all the same, I think you are correct...we can probably strike he and Whitt from the short list.

Banchero is one of the most heavily recruited prospects in the country and this is likely not going to be a short recruitment. So far all of the six schools after Banchero are making it known that he is a priority, and he seems content to take his time and potentially make visits in the winter or spring, depending on when they are allowed by the NCAA.

At the moment some buzz is with Tennessee. Is it founded in reality, time will likely tell, but the connection he has with Kennedy Chandler is a legitimate deal, and with Chandler selecting the Volunteers that is giving them some hope.

There are obvious familial connections to Washington where both of his parents went, and then he also has been linked to schools such as Kentucky and Duke as well due to their blueblood status.

While the current buzz might be the Vols, Banchero seems content to take his time, and there could be some twists and turns left before this one has any true guidance on which direction it is going.

In fact, right now the buzz is that Smith might be leaning the way of the Georgia Bulldogs. While this isn’t seen as a deal that will end early, Tom Crean has put in a lot of effort here, and Georgia being close to home is definitely seen as a positive.

Auburn and Tennessee can’t be discounted here by any stretch, and then North Carolina can always be a factor when it is all said and done.

For right now the Bulldogs have some legit momentum, but Smith seems like he is in no hurry to make a decision.
b.snow

I cannot fathom what would lead Smith to choosing Georgia. I mean even if it's not Tennessee, he could go to Auburn which is also close to home and he'd actually play for a good team lol.

I cannot fathom what would lead Smith to choosing Georgia. I mean even if it's not Tennessee, he could go to Auburn which is also close to home and he'd actually play for a good team lol.

Yeah, Tom Crean hasn’t won anything significant.

Makes no sense.

I'm sure the angle is "the guy."

I'm honestly surprised there aren't more top tier recruits that like that angle. Then again, lots of pros for playing for good teams.

I'm sure the angle is "the guy."

I'm honestly surprised there aren't more top tier recruits that like that angle. Then again, lots of pros for playing for good teams.
Read somewhere that was the sell, essentially Anthony Edwards 2.0, come be the guy on a crappy team and shoot however much you want.

Reactions: golfballs
Read somewhere that was the sell, essentially Anthony Edwards 2.0, come be the guy on a crappy team and shoot however much you want.
Well, it worked for Edwards, stone cold lottery lock. I really thought Georgia would be a bubble team or better and they sucked. Well, most of the time, probably played their best game against UT

I think at some point you have to look at “what have you done in this conference”, no?

You were pretty down on Barnes coming here and his resume stacks up there, but that didn’t mean much.

Right, it hasn’t been a two great years at UGA but like Barnes did at UT, Crean usually rebuilds slowly. It took forever at Indiana before he got them back up and same at Marquette.

Just saying Crean pulling in high level players shouldn’t be too surprising. Barnes eschewed that strategy but nobody would have been surprised if Barnes was pulling top 100 players with his resume when he got to UT.

Reactions: berryvol
He’s 27-37 at Georgia.

His resume before Georgia is solid. He’s got a few NBA players too. And he just coached the potential #1 pick (even if he did nothing with him).

I’ll give two resumes last ten years: one is Crean, the other is Coach B:

Crean: 177-131 4 NCAAT, 2 conference titles, 3 S16’s

Coach B: 212-118 6 NCAAT, 1 conference title, 1 S16

Take a guess at Coach B

His resume before Georgia is solid. He’s got a few NBA players too. And he just coached the potential #1 pick (even if he did nothing with him).

Take a guess at Coach B

So Coach B has a far better overall record, two more NCAA tournament appearances, and only 1 less conference title? Sounds like Barnes has done a hell of a job.

The NCAA tournament is such a crap shoot that Sweet Sixteen's are arbitrary to me. Tennessee was a ******** foul call on Turner in 2018 from the Elite 8. So wild things happen in the NCAA.

Crean had a solid early career at Indiana but he was horrid in his final few years. He's washed up and his best years are definitely behind him. The rebuild can go as slowly as Crean needs, because he isn't going to win a conference title at Georgia nor will he compete for championships in any regard. He had Anthony Edwards last year and barely pulled a .500 record.

So Coach B has a far better overall record, two more NCAA tournament appearances, and only 1 less conference title? Sounds like Barnes has done a hell of a job.

The NCAA tournament is such a crap shoot that Sweet Sixteen's are arbitrary to me. Tennessee was a ******** foul call on Turner in 2018 from the Elite 8. So wild things happen in the NCAA.

Crean had a solid early career at Indiana but he was horrid in his final few years. He's washed up and his best years are definitely behind him. The rebuild can go as slowly as Crean needs, because he isn't going to win a conference title at Georgia nor will he compete for championships in any regard. He had Anthony Edwards last year and barely pulled a .500 record.

Sounds like what a lot of posters thought about Barnes after his first two years and see how wrong that became lol.

Crean is 54. I mean, if Crean didn’t work out at Georgia it wouldn’t shock me considering Georgia has been good for one weekend in 2008 basically where they won the SECT. Id rather have Barnes but Crean is still a solid coach.

Sounds like what a lot of posters thought about Barnes after his first two years and see how wrong that became lol.

Crean is 54. I mean, if Crean didn’t work out at Georgia it wouldn’t shock me considering Georgia has been good for one weekend in 2008 basically where they won the SECT. Id rather have Barnes but Crean is still a solid coach.
I agree with you about Crean. Always have liked him and believe he will win at Georgia, but it will take some time. That program has been so neglected and they really should be a sleeping giant based solely on the talent available in a 50 mile radius of ATL.

I agree with you about Crean. Always have liked him and believe he will win at Georgia, but it will take some time. That program has been so neglected and they really should be a sleeping giant based solely on the talent available in a 50 mile radius of ATL.

Especially since Georgia Tech has sucked too. I mean they could just recruit Georgia and Florida and have top classes every year

Right, it hasn’t been a two great years at UGA but like Barnes did at UT, Crean usually rebuilds slowly. It took forever at Indiana before he got them back up and same at Marquette.

Just saying Crean pulling in high level players shouldn’t be too surprising. Barnes eschewed that strategy but nobody would have been surprised if Barnes was pulling top 100 players with his resume when he got to UT.
Yes, but Barnes was showing reason for optimism by end of Year 2, Georgie is once again expected to be towards the bottom of the league in Year 3. Just not sure how long he can live off what he did 5+ years ago.

Take a guess at Coach B
Last 10 years is pretty foolish, you think most of these kids care about that? What was Chris Beard’s record 7-9 years ago? Last 5 years or even 3 years is way more relevant.

On a team that went 16-16 they lost 6 of their Top 8 players, and add 1 Top 100 (barely) player in the 2020 class, I wouldn’t expect them to be very good this year either. Maybe he kills it with the 2021 class but right now I don’t see any reason to think their trajectory is on an upward climb.

VN Store

Back