2021 SEC Football Sucks

volbound1700

0-4 in Bowl Games.

At this point, I am almost expecting Cincinnati vs. Michigan title game. Key word being almost.

Not as confident at Tennessee beating Purdue as well right now.

Reactions: orange blossom
FHvbHZdWYAQ29Ab

0-4 in Bowl Games.

At this point, I am almost expecting Cincinnati vs. Michigan title game. Key word being almost.

Please explain why you aren’t confident we can’t smash a mediocre B10 team.

0-4 in Bowl Games.

Bama is going to boat race UC.

UGA? Depends on whether they show up with a chip on their shoulder. I think UM can hang with UGA...unless the Dogs show up mad. Then? UGA - Bama II for all the marbles.

But Bama is simply a 4-quarter exhibition of "Why Bama is Bama" away from playing for another Natty. It is what it is. And Bama would thump UM like a drunk Scotsman on the bass drum.

Go Vols. Pave the road for '22.

No it doesn’t. Stop with the ridiculous knee jerks

Outside of the top 3 maybe 4 programs yeah the SEC is pretty weak. Against the other P5 schools the conference as a whole was 9-6 with UGA having 2 of those wins. 7 of the 14 teams lost their OOC P5 games.

Reactions: orange blossom
Outside of the top 3 maybe 4 programs yeah the SEC is pretty weak. Against the other P5 schools the conference as a whole was 9-6 with UGA having 2 of those wins. 7 of the 14 teams lost their OOC P5 games.

This is a good observation. The theory that "a rising tide raises all boats"...no pun intended...doesn't really apply here. There has been a lot of coaching turnover in the SEC over the past few years; COVID; NIL; transfer portal; conference realignment; etc, etc. End result being that Bama and UGA have pretty much held sway over their respective divisions, and all the new kids on the block (again, no pun intended) are trying to get to that level. It will sort itself out over the next season or so, but you have to figure that UT's stock is rising in the East, and I think Arkansas may be the sleeper in the West. At the top, the SEC rules the proverbial roost. Top to bottom, the SEC is average to above average when compared to the other P5 conferences.

And after years, decades, eons even of being an SEC fan in bowl season, I am finally swinging over to the Dark Side. I'm a VFL, 24/7, 365...and a UGA fan 364 days out of the year. I'll still pull for those two teams, but from this point forward if the SEC goes 2-12 in bowl games I'm fine with that, so long as UT and UGA are the two that won. Bama winning does absolutely nothing to help UT, especially in recruiting. So, even though I took Bama against UC, and I think they mop the field with the Bearcats, I hope UC wins by 3 touchdowns.

Go Vols. Blow up them Boilermakers.

And most chose to just play FCS teams in
Non con games. The truth would come out if scheduling was different.

Yes, outside of the top 3-4 teams in the SEC the conference is mediocre at best. Anyone want to argue that now?
It’s been that way for the past 10-12 years. The 90’s were basically Tennessee and Florida, with Alabama sprinkled in here and there. The aughts were really the only time that the conference was actually pretty good top to bottom.

It’s been that way for the past 10-12 years. The 90’s were basically Tennessee and Florida, with Alabama sprinkled in here and there. The aughts were really the only time that the conference was actually pretty good top to bottom.

Yeah I argued this with a couple of our brainiacs earlier and was told I was an idiot. “The SEC is the most dominant conference ever”.

VN Store

Back