2021 Season Predictions

Ole Miss is the only team in that group that is equal in overall talent.

I actually have us losing to Ole Miss, but beating Florida.
That’s talent according to recruiting services though. That talent hasn’t been developed like it typically would have been and I’m guessing one off-season isn’t enough to overcome 3 years of poor development but I hope I’m wrong. That’s why I think we might lose a couple of those games. I figure Ole Miss is probably a L because our D will be weak and their O is strong but it’ll be a dog fight. I’m excited though and I have more faith in this coach and AD than I have had in quite a while.

Well I do like that after the worst season in our lifetime, after the worst home loss to Kentucky ever and after 9 losing seasons over the past 13, with no double digit win seasons……..that all the fans are grounded……and no one has unreasonable expectations.

I’m hopeful

The schedule “should” provide for some success

I can see Tennessee winning 6 games. If somehow they won more I will be pleasantly surprised. If they win only 5 I will not be shocked. If f they win less then 5……..I’ll be calling for heads again……but hey that’s just me……..but at least I’m somewhat realistic today.

Reactions: BruceInLouisville
No one but those in the locker room know just how deep, how broad, and how bad the talent, training, and culture were last year -- nor what the new staff is facing.

If the change in staff and some personnel has removed the things that were wrong, then this team should/could go 9-3 or even better.

If, after all the changes, the culture is better, but the lack of training and skill development is still bad, then this team could go 4-8.

Frankly, the opener won't show us anything. Ask me after the Pitt game, and I'll put a prediction out there and stand by it.

My Tennessee Volunteers 2021 Season Predictions are

Bowling Green - Win
Pittsburgh - Win
W TN Tech - Win
@ Florida - tossup
@ Mizzou - Win
South Carolina - Win
Ole Miss - Loss
@ Alabama - Loss
@ Kentucky - Tossup
Georgia - Loss
South Alabama - Win
Vanderbilt - Win

7-5/8-4 type year

Reactions: LittleVol
No one but those in the locker room know just how deep, how broad, and how bad the talent, training, and culture were last year -- nor what the new staff is facing.

If the change in staff and some personnel has removed the things that were wrong, then this team should/could go 9-3 or even better.

If, after all the changes, the culture is better, but the lack of training and skill development is still bad, then this team could go 4-8.

Frankly, the opener won't show us anything. Ask me after the Pitt game, and I'll put a prediction out there and stand by it.
Way to go out on a limb there Bruce🙄.
Maybe you'll really be sure after the Vandy game of how good this 2021 team is👍

If they don’t beat Pitt then this could be another long season.
This. If we can't get a win vs Pitt, it will be a LOOOOOOONNNNGGGG year. But I am very optimistic that this coaching staff will put the best players in the best position to win and with a great gameplan.

Bowling Green - Win
Pittsburgh - Win
W TN Tech - Win
@ Florida - Loss
@ Mizzou - Win
South Carolina - Win
Ole Miss - Loss
@ Alabama - Loss
@ Kentucky - Win
Georgia - Loss
South Alabama - Win
Vanderbilt - Win

8-4 overall and 4-4 SEC
I think this is the optimistic possibility, and I would be stoked. 8-4 to me would mean we found a QB and coaches that can actually... you know.... coach.

I say 7-5, losing to Mizzou or KY, assuming injuries dont kill us. I think first team O and D will be better than expected but an injury on the O-line could derail the O, which I think will carry us in a couple games.

I think this is the optimistic possibility, and I would be stoked. 8-4 to me would mean we found a QB and coaches that can actually... you know.... coach.

I say 7-5, losing to Mizzou or KY, assuming injuries dont kill us. I think first team O and D will be better than expected but an injury on the O-line could derail the O, which I think will carry us in a couple games.
Would be great. You are right on the depth across the board. Need to limit the injuries.

This isn't my honest prediction. It's my Tennessee Volunteers fanatic prediction. It's a lot more fun than an honest prediction:

Bowling Green - Win, 52-10
Pittsburgh - Win, 38-33
W TN Tech - Win, 74-9
@ Florida - Win, 42-41
@ Mizzou - Win, 46-24
South Carolina - Win, 56-21
Ole Miss - Win, 48-44
@ Alabama - Loss, 38-31
@ Kentucky - Win, 45-20
Georgia - Loss, 28-24
South Alabama - Win, 80-7
Vanderbilt - Win, 81-3

10-2 (6-2 SEC), a trip to Atlanta, where we beat the Crimson Bathwater, and a spot in the CFP.

GO Vols!

Bowling Green - Win
Pittsburgh - Win
W TN Tech - Win
@ Florida - Win
@ Mizzou - Win
South Carolina - Win
Ole Miss - Loss
@ Alabama - Loss
@ Kentucky - Win
Georgia - Win
South Alabama - Win
Vanderbilt - Win

10-2
LOL beat GA and FL and lose to Ole Miss? LOLLLLL

Bowling Green - Win
Pittsburgh - Win
TN Tech - Win
@ Florida - Loss
@ Mizzou - Win
South Carolina - Win
Ole Miss - Win
@ Alabama - Loss
@ Kentucky - Win
Georgia - Loss
South Alabama - Win
Vanderbilt - Win

9-3

LOL beat GA and FL and lose to Ole Miss? LOLLLLL
Without respect to UGA or UF... Ole Miss is a difficult match up for UT. IMO, the chances of beating Ole Miss are equal to or less than UF. They're not necessarily a better team but style of play doesn't help UT.

Bowling Green - Win
Pittsburgh - Win but close..
W TN Tech - Win
@ Florida - Loss
@ Mizzou - Win
South Carolina - Win
Ole Miss - Loss
@ Alabama - Loss
@ Kentucky - Win
Georgia - Loss
South Alabama - Win
Vanderbilt - Win

Likely 8-4 possibly 7-5.

Reactions: RockyTopRiot
Bowling Green - W
Pittsburgh - L
TN Tech - W
@ Florida - L
@ Mizzou - L
South Carolina - W
Ole Miss - L
@ Alabama - L
@ Kentucky - L
Georgia - L
South Alabama - W
Vanderbilt - W

5-7 (SEC: 2-6)

Reactions: HangmanPage
My Tennessee Volunteers 2021 Season Predictions are

Bowling Green - Win
Pittsburgh - Win
W TN Tech - Win
@ Florida - Loss
@ Mizzou - Loss
South Carolina - Win
Ole Miss - Loss
@ Alabama - Loss
@ Kentucky - Loss
Georgia - Loss
South Alabama - Win
Vanderbilt - Win

6-6 overall and 2-6 SEC

Please go on record with your preseason predictions for this season.

Worst case scenario? 4-8. Best case scenario? 7-5. My prediction? 5-7. I hope I’m wrong but there are just too many unknowns this season.

Just looking at all the beginning of the year predictions I think mine was 5-7 realistic and 6-6 optimistic, interesting what people said before the first game as to what people say now both good bad and the ugly…..

VN Store

Back