2021 schedule

Preseason ranked #19 from D1 Baseball. What are your thoughts.
All those other SEC schools throughout the rankings is impressive. No matter the conference schedule, it’ll be challenging.

I imagine it's because there's a better chance of decent weather in south GA that time of year.
Correct plus we host Kentucky in basketball that weekend, so I would guess they want social distancing instead of crazy weekend on campus. Just a guess. Could be wrong.

Reactions: txbo
Anyone know anything about our first opponent Georgia Southern? I can't find anything on them or their predicted finish in the Sun Belt.

Anyone know anything about our first opponent Georgia Southern? I can't find anything on them or their predicted finish in the Sun Belt.
From what I have seen they are projected to be in the middle of the pack in the eastern division of the sun belt. Behind Troy and South Alabama I believe. Until the recent rise of the UGA program, I think Georgia Southern was the top baseball program in the state for a span of a few years. Will be a solid first opponent. No doubt.

From what I have seen they are projected to be in the middle of the pack in the eastern division of the sun belt. Behind Troy and South Alabama I believe. Until the recent rise of the UGA program, I think Georgia Southern was the top baseball program in the state for a span of a few years. Will be a solid first opponent. No doubt.
I just checked them out on D1 Baseball. Picked 4th in the eastern division behind Coastal Carolina, South Alabama and Troy. Looks like they have three pitchers projected in the draft this year.

They received votes in multiple preseason top 25 polls this year and went 3-0 against a good Georgia team last year. Vincent Jackson’s little brother will be their Friday night guy and he’s a pretty solid pitcher. A tough opening test no doubt.

I think the staff doesn’t want the first road series to be in SEC play so the guys know the routine and have experience knowing what to expect on road games. Thus, I would expect to see the Vols on the road one weekend every year before conference starts.

SIAP, but the D1 Baseball Podcast indicated Leath is our Friday night starter heading into the season.

SIAP, but the D1 Baseball Podcast indicated Leath is our Friday night starter heading into the season.
Not sure how true that is. Tons of depth on the staff. The difference in talent from the starters to the bullpen won’t be much. I could see Leath and Hunley being used in a long relief role to close things out. Leath is a very lethal out of the pen. Not a fun guy to face one time around. We will see what happens. I’m sure lots of arms will be stretched out in time for sec opening weekend. I have heard Blade Tidwell has been lights out and unhittable at times. It’s going to be a fun year!

Not sure how true that is. Tons of depth on the staff. The difference in talent from the starters to the bullpen won’t be much. I could see Leath and Hunley being used in a long relief role to close things out. Leath is a very lethal out of the pen. Not a fun guy to face one time around. We will see what happens. I’m sure lots of arms will be stretched out in time for sec opening weekend. I have heard Blade Tidwell has been lights out and unhittable at times. It’s going to be a fun year!

I was hoping you could confirm or deny that. Is Rackers ready to go? I know you were high on him last year.

VN Store

Back