2021 NCAA Tournament held in San Antonio

WTH, I think I got in the middle of something I. should have waited on. I don't want this thread deleted, it was my thread that needed deleting.

Reactions: Volfan2012
It's in Texas so Vic and Kim will get what boost there is from the area. I wonder how they will award tickets to fans. I think no fan attendance is what we will wind up with.
I'm thinking 25 percent of capacity just like the regular season games. It will probably help KIm Vic would need a different team to have any chance of success.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
It's going to be interesting how they determine seeds this year. I think there is a likelihood it plays out differently than expected.

64 teams basically at one location during this pandemic is way too many. Should just be each regular season Conf champion and runner ups and seed accordingly after that.

SEC- USC and A&M ACC- NC St and Louisville etc. the small conferences winners and runner ups would be the lower seeds. Make sense in a bubble. Would be safest thing to do.

I get safety... but i was talking about creating the best Tournament with the best teams.

The SEC and PAC 12 have teams 3-6 who are better than a lot of runner ups in other conferences. Take Big East would be uconn and depaul. Essentially the NCAA has us at 14th in the NET ranking and depaul is 58th. 🤔

I get what you’re saying about just taking the top 2 because there is 32 D1 leagues which makes 64.. But how do you fill in the IVY league spots who aren’t playing ? That leaves you with just 60 teams... How do you fill in those teams? and that still doesn’t get you the best teams overall if you do it like that.

I get safety... but i was talking about creating the best Tournament with the best teams.

The SEC and PAC 12 have teams 3-6 who are better than a lot of runner ups in other conferences. Take Big East would be uconn and depaul. Essentially the NCAA has us at 14th in the NET ranking and depaul is 58th. 🤔

I get what you’re saying about just taking the top 2 because there is 32 D1 leagues which makes 64.. But how do you fill in the IVY league spots who aren’t playing ? That leaves you with just 60 teams... How do you fill in those teams? and that still doesn’t get you the best teams overall if you do it like that.

You might as well just establish a playoff committee the way football did and pick sixteen teams. Or eight. Or just pick a Final Four and have a two-game "tournament."

Having the two top teams from each conference would be a farce. There's no other way to describe it.

I think it should be the top 64 teams in the Net Rankings forget conference winners and everything else. The top 64 in the Net rankings should be the tournament. Easy to seed 64 vs 1 all the way to 32 vs 33. Second round same top seed players lowest seed left and second top seed plays second lowest seed all the way to the top 32 seeded. This continues until you have two teams left to play for the title. I know this leaves out some conference champions from the weaker conferences, but it gets you the best 64 teams in the nation and all you have to use is the Net Rankings. You don't even need a committee anymore.

I would opt for a 32-team field. Hate it for the formerly-automatic bid conference winners for whom this is a prized gem in their athletic careers, but these are unsettling times and risks need to be minimized.

What happens if some brackets have teams unaffected by Covid during the tournament while others are blown up by contact tracing? You can't delay the entire tournament for teams to quarantine. Do some brackets have seversl forfeited games? Do you have #1 and #2 seeds potentially dropping out due to exposure?

Can a "bubble" environment be safely maintained for the duration of the tournament that would allow for a safe, uninterrupted tournament?

Maybe finishing 3rd thru 6th is not deserving this year.

Finishing second in the Missouri Valley conference or OVC shouldn’t automatically get you in either...

Yea your idea would work but it would be a watered down tourney with the same number of teams so that doesn’t cut down on the amount of teams there.

You still haven’t said who would take the Ivy League spots ...

VN Store

Back