2021 NBA mock draft

Stoked

The 2021 draft we could realistically have 3-5 guys taken and it's really not a stretch.

2021 NBA Mock Draft - NBA Draft Room

This one mock has 3 of our Vols... Springer, Johnson, and Pons.

Springer (21st pick) - "Excels at scoring in the lane and from mid range. A bucket-getter who also gives great effort on D."

Johnson (23rd pick) - "A big time athlete who plays with power and plays above the rim. Stock is trending up."

Pons (undrafted but on the bubble) "A powerhouse of an athlete who is just starting to put it all together on the court."
I believe he'll really raise his draft stock this year and will be an early 2nd round draft pick. Every NBA team can use a defender like him coming off the bench.

The other two guys I think could get drafted are JJJ and Fulky. I know Fulky might be a stretch, but I've seen worse players get drafted than him. He'd have to continue to improve like he did last year and would have to gain weight. Don't take me too seriously on Fulky, but the other 4 will play in the NBA at some point!

Last edited:
Check out Ethan Happ. Fulky is like a poor mans, smaller Ethan Happ. And Happ didn’t come close to being drafted. Some games just don’t translate to the NBA, and some not so great college players are picked strictly out of potential.

The 2021 draft we could realistically have 3-5 guys taken and it's really not a stretch.

2021 NBA Mock Draft - NBA Draft Room

This one mock has 3 of our Vols... Springer, Johnson, and Pons.

Springer (21st pick) - "Excels at scoring in the lane and from mid range. A bucket-getter who also gives great effort on D."

Johnson (23rd pick) - "A big time athlete who plays with power and plays above the rim. Stock is trending up."

Pons (undrafted but on the bubble) "A powerhouse of an athlete who is just starting to put it all together on the court."
I believe he'll really raise his draft stock this year and will be an early 2nd round draft pick. Every NBA team can use a defender like him coming off the bench.

The other two guys I think could get drafted are JJJ and Fulky. I know Fulky might be a stretch, but I've seen worse players get drafted than him. He'd have to continue to improve like he did last year and would have to gain weight. Don't take me too seriously on Fulky, but the other 4 will play in the NBA at some point!
I've seen somebody else post on this site, that UT may have 5 potential draft picks, in next year's draft, on this team. If only I could remember who that poster was ?

Check out Ethan Happ. Fulky is like a poor mans, smaller Ethan Happ. And Happ didn’t come close to being drafted. Some games just don’t translate to the NBA, and some not so great college players are picked strictly out of potential.
Agree, but u only need one team to love a kid, like Fulky and take an extremely late pick flyer on him

Reactions: Stoked
There’s no shame in being a) a D1 college basketball player, b) a P5 college basketball player, c) an all-conference P5 college basketball player, and d) maybe an international professional player like Fulkerson. Heck, any one of which means you’re one of the finest basketball players to ever lace them up. I find the NBA or bust mentality funny. Sure, NCAA champions usually have two or more NBA players but just being a very good P5 player is a heckuva an accomplishment.

Agree, but u only need one team to love a kid, like Fulky and take an extremely late pick flyer on him

Unlike football, there just aren't many roster spots in the NBA. Guys stay healthier and play longer and 5 vs 22 starters. A good portion of second rounders never make it, whereas in the NFL 2nd rounders are supposed to be multi-year starters and even stars. I'm sure there are players who could ultimately succeed at the NBA level who are never given a chance to shine, simply because there are not enough available minutes for players to learn on the job.

Just to emphasize how hard it is to make the NBA without elite talent, Draymond Green is probably the best NBA player to be drafted in the 2nd round that came out of NCAA basketball in the last 20 years. He is probably not one of the best 20 players in the league.

Just to emphasize how hard it is to make the NBA without elite talent, Draymond Green is probably the best NBA player to be drafted in the 2nd round that came out of NCAA basketball in the last 20 years. He is probably not one of the best 20 players in the league.
Have you ever heard of the 41st overall pick in the 2014 draft Nikola Jokic?

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Yeah. I thought he came out of Europe. There have been several very good European players drafted in Rd. 2. My post said NCAA, since that's what's applicable to Fulky.
Oh I see. Sorry I didn't read that part. Yeah there's only a handful of 2nd round picks that become anything more than solid rotational players.

I would like to see Fulkerson or Pons or Anosike get drafted by the Atlanta Hawks as they add to a nice young nucleus of Collins, Capela, Hunter, Reddish and Young.

VN Store

Back