2021 NBA Draft and Offseason

Kyrie thinks he's the Kareem Abdul Jabar of this generation and Kareem put him in his place.

View attachment 397611

I can understand saying “I’m not sure about putting a vaccine in my body that we’ve only studied for less than two years.”

Thinking the government is trying to put a microchip into you to register you in a supercomputer to rise up against black people as a plan of Satan is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. Especially in 2021 when the government tracks you with your cell phone anyways

I can understand saying “I’m not sure about putting a vaccine in my body that we’ve only studied for less than two years.”

Thinking the government is trying to put a microchip into you to register you in a supercomputer to rise up against black people as a plan of Satan is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. Especially in 2021 when the government tracks you with your cell phone anyways

Yeah, I don't think it makes you stupid if you have reservations about the vax and default to no action, but when millions of dollars are on the line, you must put the time in to do the research so that you can do some proper risk/reward analysis. If Kyrie did analysis that is honest at all, he'd find low personal risk with either decision, but the reward of the vaccine is much greater than no vax if the latter means foregoing salary.

And this will always be a mystery to me...how the hell is Kyrie so skilled when it doesn't seem like he cares that much about basketball? Is he really putting in the work like you'd expect from a guy with that kind of bag or is it just that easy for him?

And this will always be a mystery to me...how the hell is Kyrie so skilled when it doesn't seem like he cares that much about basketball? Is he really putting in the work like you'd expect from a guy with that kind of bag or is it just that easy for him?

He could not care that much about basketball and still put in the work, maybe he just sees it as a means to an end to set up his family and future generations. I also don't think taking a stand for something you believe in, no matter how bat sh*t crazy it is, means you don't love your craft or work hard to be better at it either.

Reactions: NashVol11

Tbf a satan chip is far worse than your cell phone being tracked. Lol

Just wait till the machines rise up and start pushing everyone off the side of the Earth, you'll be like "damn Kyrie was right all along." #SatanChip #KyrieWasRight #TheyLive

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
He could not care that much about basketball and still put in the work, maybe he just sees it as a means to an end to set up his family and future generations. I also don't think taking a stand for something you believe in, no matter how bat sh*t crazy it is, means you don't love your craft or work hard to be better at it either.

Yeah, maybe that's why he put in the work to get to the NBA and get paid, but he could have stopped progressing 4 or 5 years ago and maxed out until he was old but he's clearly more skilled now than he was 5 years ago.

Also, he doesn't need a cause to skip games. He just does it because he wants to. He's got more to his history than the vaccine controversy that makes me question his commitment.

Tbf a satan chip is far worse than your cell phone being tracked. Lol

I'd like to see a breakdown of his actual beliefs. Sioux don't believe in Satan and Christians don't believe in warding off bad spirits by burning sage. He just shows up to the belief store like it's a buffet and grabs whatever crazy he wants.

Reactions: TBrown
Yeah, maybe that's why he put in the work to get to the NBA and get paid, but he could have stopped progressing 4 or 5 years ago and maxed out until he was old but he's clearly more skilled now than he was 5 years ago.

Also, he doesn't need a cause to skip games. He just does it because he wants to. He's got more to his history than the vaccine controversy that makes me question his commitment.

I think you just answered your question about "is he really putting in the work"

The second is half is fair, he's pretty flaky.

I'd like to see a breakdown of his actual beliefs. Sioux don't believe in Satan and Christians don't believe in warding off bad spirits by burning sage. He just shows up to the belief store like it's a buffet and grabs whatever crazy he wants.

While he is crazy, eating at a belief buffet>>>eating off the same belief menu for everything.

Good point and I chuckled. I would say that is sometimes true and sometimes not. The operative word I used is "whatever".

Agreed. I think it's to good have a base set of beliefs to work off of, but being open to branching off those or simply adding and subtracting from your base is just as important IMO. Anyway I digress cause that probably isn't Kyrie, and nobody cares about my opinion on how a belief system should work. Lol

Agreed. I think it's to good have a base set of beliefs to work off of, but being open to branching off those or simply adding and subtracting from your base is just as important IMO. Anyway I digress cause that probably isn't Kyrie, and nobody cares about my opinion on how a belief system should work. Lol

I mean, when we're talking about the metaphysical I don't really have any actual beliefs. I lean towards the idea that there is a God but I would never say I believe in God. So my metaphysical beliefs are all over the place, in a way like Kyrie, but none of them are remotely firm (nor do they conflict, like a Christian using Native American witchcraft).

And then with regard to other types of beliefs (physical, societal, political, economic, art), if you're not getting your ideas from all over the map, you're doing it wrong.

Reactions: BadJerry20
I mean, when we're talking about the metaphysical I don't really have any actual beliefs. I lean towards the idea that there is a God but I would never say I believe in God. So my metaphysical beliefs are all over the place, in a way like Kyrie, but none of them are remotely firm (nor do they conflict, like a Christian using Native American witchcraft).

And then with regard to other types of beliefs (physical, societal, political, economic, art), if you're not getting your ideas from all over the map, you're doing it wrong.

Same and agree on all accounts. I knew you were my buffet buddy.

Reactions: n_huffhines
The Earth is flat is not a belief system and should be removed from the buffet.

The earth is flat is a way of life homie. I watched a doc about flat earthers a little while back. Them trying to prove it with a big laser pointer and everyone slowly leaving 1 by 1 as they failed, was both funny and sad.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Somebody made a good point on the BS pod about Kyrie's position. He's been making such a big deal about medical being a private matter but when you are an NBA player, your medical is not so private. All injuries are supposed to be reported, and injuries have no impact on the health of people around you. We're in a pandemic which is a public health crisis. Moreso than any other time, your medical is not a private matter because it does affect other people.

The same guy was saying Jonathan Isaac has been so on point with everything he said. He's 100% correct and informed about everything he talked about but he ignored the part where his choice doesn't just affect him, his decision can affect other people.

The all-non-vax team is pretty good:

Burke
Kyrie
Beal
Wiggins
Isaac
MPjr

He's played OK during his rookie contract and then played great for 3 of the 4 playoff series and he thinks he deserves what Trae Young and Luka Doncic got. He could probably find someone to max him but does he want to go to Sacramento or someplace like that? Even still, he probably needs to score near 20 ppg or play at an all-defensive level for a season to get a max on the open market.

He's played OK during his rookie contract and then played great for 3 of the 4 playoff series and he thinks he deserves what Trae Young and Luka Doncic got. He could probably find someone to max him but does he want to go to Sacramento or someplace like that? Even still, he probably needs to score near 20 ppg or play at an all-defensive level for a season to get a max on the open market.

Ayton will ultimately get the max, especially with the new TV money in a couple of years. My guess is they will agree to a regular max and the Suns won't put a trigger in there that would convert the max to a super max during the extension if Ayton makes an all NBA team since Ayton probably has easiest path to get there due to his position.

i'm giving Ayton a max before I'd give one to JJJ

Ayton did not get the $175m extension. Bridges did get the $90m. Suns are playing this right so far.

VN Store

Back