2021 NATIONAL TITLE RUN

Yeah, and that's saying something, because our defense is very, very good, especially up the middle and in right field. Come to think of it, also at first base. And the other positions aren't bad either. And our pitchers field their position well, too. It's a definite strength of ours and theirs.

When we play them, as a fan, I feel like we have to be perfect and the sense of dread I feel when I know Kopps is coming as soon as they get in trouble, is like nothing I have experienced.

When we play them, as a fan, I feel like we have to be perfect and the sense of dread I feel when I know Kopps is coming as soon as they get in trouble, is like nothing I have experienced.

We touched him up last time. He isn't perfect. Sooner or later, the odds will get him. I hope it's us when it happens.

Yes, definitely. But how do we beat a pitcher who doesn't make mistakes? (I realize that's a loaded question. Answer is: probably not). If we run into a brilliant pitching performance, what are our weapons?
That can be said for 95% of the field. I have confidence that this team can scratch runs across when needed. CTV has pulled the right strings multiple times this year.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl

The good news is that we have seen him 3 times now.

I like our chances to get to Kopps as much as anybody he will face from here to the end.

If this team just plays to their potential and catches a break or two along the way. Anybody that follows baseball, knows to win a Championship at any level , the Championship team can look back and reflect on one or two plays and say Wow.....But this team has the make up of what it takes to be a Championship caliber team and obviously the Sports Writers feel the same way.

Here's my thoughts, as UT begins this Journey. Yes, we have a tough draw but I don't think any team outside of the SEC is as prepared as UT is. (let me say this , ANYBODY can beat anybody any given day)

Here's why I personally think UT goes on a National Title Run - 1.) Pitching - It all starts here....Starters - Chad Dallas , Blade Tidwell , Will Heflin and Camden Sewell....I think that's as good of a rotation as anyone in the Country...2.) Middle relief Guys... Walsh , Mark , Kirby ,Rackers , Mabry and others 3) Closer in Hundley...I really like these combinations...these guys have been prepared for a run...Mentally and Physically....Remarkable Job preparing these guys from the Staff.. .....side note: Jason Rackers really impressed me this past weekend with his Combination of pitches....

2) Defense - The Infield play is remarkable across the board. UT's Outfielder's are the most under rated , I personally feel like after watching them that there are things that this outfield does that's not in any record books or anything of that nature. All of them play exceptional well and with great arms. Catchers - UT has 2 great seasoned guys behind the dish and both seem to be healthy going into the Post Season.

3) Offense - 1-3 guys....that's a Really good top of the order, and all 3 seem to be swinging the bats pretty good too . 4-6 - I like the LRL combination with Russell in the middle of the order. All 3 are dangerous and a pain for any pitching staff only to turn it over to 7-9 with Beck at 7...not a better 7 hole guy in the Country with 2 very Dangerous hitters at 8 & 9.....plus we have a bench that can come into any situation and provide a spark... (all 9 compete and can hurt you with a mistake)

Some might ask , where is the hole....the Answer is there's not one....UT has a VERY Good BASEBALL team... Something all VOL NATION can be proud of..Will this team win a National Title? ..My Answer to that Question is.. Win one game at a time by competing each pitch. Get out this Regional , I
Love this team in any best 2 out of 3 series , Get to Omaha....And Just play and Time will tell....I strongly believe this team has IT.....as stated they will need a break or two along the way as any team will........ Be thankful for being Ranked #2 in the Final D1 Baseball regular season Poll...read that again...GO VOLS!!!
I have paid close attention to this team all year and even watched them in Hoover in person. I am no expert by no means but from what I have seen our boys can play with anyone. I see a lot of people complaining about the draw we got and frankly I say bring them all on. UT is a #3 national seed fir a reason and prolly should be #2. I don’t think any team in our regional would have a winning record if they played the same schedule as we did. With that said Go Damn Vols and whoops some a$$!!!!

The good news is that we have seen him 3 times now.

I like our chances to get to Kopps as much as anybody he will face from here to the end.

I agree, we have seen Kopps multiple times, up and down the lineup. That experience can only help us in the future.

Derkay was not afraid to to turn on Kopps mistake. It reminds me of the Rocky movie when the Russian starts to bleed.

I agree, we have seen Kopps multiple times, up and down the lineup. That experience can only help us in the future.

Derkay was not afraid to to turn on Kopps mistake. It reminds me of the Rocky movie when the Russian starts to bleed.
I like our chances in the finals. 😎

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
Not a baseball guy at all, but will be following this closely. Really appreciate the in depth analysis. Let's win a championship and go Vols!

Reactions: TitanicVolz
If this team just plays to their potential and catches a break or two along the way. Anybody that follows baseball, knows to win a Championship at any level , the Championship team can look back and reflect on one or two plays and say Wow.....But this team has the make up of what it takes to be a Championship caliber team and obviously the Sports Writers feel the same way.

Here's my thoughts, as UT begins this Journey. Yes, we have a tough draw but I don't think any team outside of the SEC is as prepared as UT is. (let me say this , ANYBODY can beat anybody any given day)

Here's why I personally think UT goes on a National Title Run - 1.) Pitching - It all starts here....Starters - Chad Dallas , Blade Tidwell , Will Heflin and Camden Sewell....I think that's as good of a rotation as anyone in the Country...2.) Middle relief Guys... Walsh , Mark , Kirby ,Rackers , Mabry and others 3) Closer in Hundley...I really like these combinations...these guys have been prepared for a run...Mentally and Physically....Remarkable Job preparing these guys from the Staff.. .....side note: Jason Rackers really impressed me this past weekend with his Combination of pitches....

2) Defense - The Infield play is remarkable across the board. UT's Outfielder's are the most under rated , I personally feel like after watching them that there are things that this outfield does that's not in any record books or anything of that nature. All of them play exceptional well and with great arms. Catchers - UT has 2 great seasoned guys behind the dish and both seem to be healthy going into the Post Season.

3) Offense - 1-3 guys....that's a Really good top of the order, and all 3 seem to be swinging the bats pretty good too . 4-6 - I like the LRL combination with Russell in the middle of the order. All 3 are dangerous and a pain for any pitching staff only to turn it over to 7-9 with Beck at 7...not a better 7 hole guy in the Country with 2 very Dangerous hitters at 8 & 9.....plus we have a bench that can come into any situation and provide a spark... (all 9 compete and can hurt you with a mistake)

Some might ask , where is the hole....the Answer is there's not one....UT has a VERY Good BASEBALL team... Something all VOL NATION can be proud of..Will this team win a National Title? ..My Answer to that Question is.. Win one game at a time by competing each pitch. Get out this Regional , I
Love this team in any best 2 out of 3 series , Get to Omaha....And Just play and Time will tell....I strongly believe this team has IT.....as stated they will need a break or two along the way as any team will........ Be thankful for being Ranked #2 in the Final D1 Baseball regular season Poll...read that again...GO VOLS!!!
..talk dirty to me ..baseballfan.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
This is a team of destiny. We will win it all. Nobody can stop this offense. We have enough pitching to outlast anyone in the regional. Duke is the only threat and they just got lucky to get in. If they don't go on a run in the ACC tourney they are sitting at home wishes they had our team. ot sure why everyone is whining about our draw. Liberty, really? Wright State? Come on.

Our Super Regional matchup will be even easier. Pac 12 is always over rated. Will smoke the Ducks. If any of the other 3 manage to beat Oregon, well it gets even easier.

Once we get to Omaha, the only team that can beat us in on the other side of the bracket. We take Arkansas 2 out of 3 in the finals.

This outfield defense is way under rated. Beck especially.

Lol. Beck’s defense in RF might be the worst aspect of the team. Kid is very talented and has a bright future, but right now, as an outfielder, he’d make a great DH. If he doesn’t stop the Right Field hijinx, it’s going to cost UT a game.

Lol. Beck’s defense in RF might be the worst aspect of the team. Kid is very talented and has a bright future, but right now, as an outfielder, he’d make a great DH. If he doesn’t stop the Right Field hijinx, it’s going to cost UT a game.

I haven't watched all season, so I don't have a complete picture, but I have seen Beck make many good plays, and a few spectacular plays out in right field in the later part of this season. But he was not good in the regionals, that's for sure.

I haven't watched all season, so I don't have a complete picture, but I have seen Beck make many good plays, and a few spectacular plays out in right field in the later part of this season. But he was not good in the regionals, that's for sure.

Or the SECT. He has a great arm and is a very good athlete, so he should get there, but he lacks some focus out there.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
They are that good. A complete team.

But the home series was settled by 1 run..... not just one game but one total run. A few different bounces and it could have been a sweep by either team.

We can play with anybody.
We also out hit them in that series

Reactions: txbo
Best part about the NCAA tournament - The SEC is over and it's a NEW Season and I personally have seen a Coaching Staff prepare this team for a RUN!!!! get out of this Regional!!!!
Except we are playing a SEC team in the SR and there could be 4 others in the CWS

Reactions: Volunteer08
I’ve watched Arkansas make plays on the defensive side in 4 games against us, that would’ve been hits or even extra base hits against most teams.
Their defense is what wows me when I watch them play.
GBO!!
Totally agree. Almost MLB caliber defense. They simply don’t make mistakes or give away outs. very impressive D with a shutdown reliever in Komos.

VN Store

Back