2021 MLB Postseason Thread

The Rays just caught an awful break. Kiemeier hit one off the wall. On the bounce it hit the ground then Hunter Renfro and went over the wall. The runner on 1st would've easily scored. Instead it ruled a ground rule double. Runners were held at 2nd & 3rd.

Here's the rule:

• If a fair ball not in flight is deflected by a fielder and then goes out of play, the award is two bases from the time of the pitch.

Was the ball that hit off Jose Canseco’s head a ground rule double? What about all those home runs that have bounced off players glove and gone over the fence?

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
Here's the rule:

• If a fair ball not in flight is deflected by a fielder and then goes out of play, the award is two bases from the time of the pitch.

Ah so deflected is the key word there: That way a guy can’t try and throw the ball over

Was the ball that hit off Jose Canseco’s head a ground rule double? What about all those home runs that have bounced off players glove and gone over the fence?

Ball hit ground first in the Boston game. That’s why.

It was. The rule they just flashed though doesn’t say anything about it hitting the ground first. All it says is if it was deflected by the player

There is a separate rule for when the ball doesn’t hit the ground first but hits a player and never touches the ground. It says “not in flight”

Reactions: Boca Vol
Incredible night of baseball. What a damn game. October is just the best.

Was it the correct call? Yes. Do I feel like the rule will be changed this off-season? Also Yes. Tuck Rule 2.0. Do I feel bad for Rays fan? Absolutely not.

I know the entire baseball world outside of Red Sox fans are crying foul tonight, but I’ll be sleeping soundly 😅

Also, there’s this…

Probably won’t matter but someone tell Tony it’s an elimination game and not bringing in the best relief pitcher in the AL is insane

VN Store

Back