2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Continuous nut shots. Show some mercy Amb.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Amb3096
I like the recruiting class of 2021 both Striplin and Puckett are versatile inside out players. Keeping an eye out of Brooklyn Miles this year hoping to see some improvement in her free throw shooting and overall shooting. Still wondering why the recruiting services did a hatchet job on Kaiya Wynn her rating keeps dropping when at one time she was a top fifty ranked player. Number 62 in one service and number 100 in the other . What I see on video of her last high school season makes me wonder more as she has quickness to the basket, can shoot the three and an excellent passing game. Just gives me another reason to wonder how these rankings are determined.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I like the recruiting class of 2021 both Striplin and Puckett are versatile inside out players. Keeping an eye out of Brooklyn Miles this year hoping to see some improvement in her free throw shooting and overall shooting. Still wondering why the recruiting services did a hatchet job on Kaiya Wynn her rating keeps dropping when at one time she was a top fifty ranked player. Number 62 in one service and number 100 in the other . What I see on video of her last high school season makes me wonder more as she has quickness to the basket, can shoot the three and an excellent passing game. Just gives me another reason to wonder how these rankings are determined.

Wynn has dropped drastically because she didn't play any summer ball. I dont fault her or her parents for putting her health and safety first. Also ESPN changed their recruiting service and im guessing the new folks haven't seen much of her! IMO she's definitely a top 25-30 player and I cant wait to see her on Rocky Top.

Still wondering why the recruiting services did a hatchet job on Kaiya Wynn her rating keeps dropping when at one time she was a top fifty ranked player. Number 62 in one service and number 100 in the other . What I see on video of her last high school season makes me wonder more as she has quickness to the basket, can shoot the three and an excellent passing game. Just gives me another reason to wonder how these rankings are determined.

I think the old Hoopgurlz ranking that had Wynn as #23 was the outlier, not the other way around. She wasn't even on Prospect Nation's original list, and I don't think she was top 50 in ASGR. Could be a surprise right off the bat, could be a Meme Jackson who needs a few years to become a significant contributor. G/W will be the deepest spot next season with Horston, Burrell, Salary, and Puckett probably hoarding most minutes, so I don't think she will be a regular rotation player as a FR...unless she ends up better than one of those 4.

I think the old Hoopgurlz ranking that had Wynn as #23 was the outlier, not the other way around. She wasn't even on Prospect Nation's original list, and I don't think she was top 50 in ASGR. Could be a surprise right off the bat, could be a Meme Jackson who needs a few years to become a significant contributor. G/W will be the deepest spot next season with Horston, Burrell, Salary, and Puckett probably hoarding most minutes, so I don't think she will be a regular rotation player as a FR...unless she ends up better than one of those 4.

Wynn is a natural shooting guard while Puckett is more of a 3/4 IMO. From what I've seen of Wynn, with her defense and shooting ability she may see some time as a freshman but she will have to work for playing time behind Horston, Walker, Burrell and Salary. Puckett will be competing against Burrell and Marta for playing time at the 3

Wynn is a natural shooting guard while Puckett is more of a 3/4 IMO. From what I've seen of Wynn, with her defense and shooting ability she may see some time as a freshman but she will have to work for playing time behind Horston, Walker, Burrell and Salary. Puckett will be competing against Burrell and Marta for playing time at the 3
The 2 and 3 have been largely interchangeable in the women's game for some time. Those are the two spots Wynn is probably projected at (same with Salary and Derby for that matter), and it's the deepest part of the roster between the combo guards, SG and wings.

But she played far better than #1-- #5 recruits during her recruit days.

It's one thing for a player who was ranked #6 to play better than those above her. It's another thing to say that a player ranked #62 will be as good as the top 10 players. Sure, there are those lower ranked players that pop out of nowhere and surprise everyone...but it seems from reading this board that all of them are Tennessee recruits.

I'm excited to see how the freshmen fit into the team next season, but the over-the-top superlatives people are dishing out here will just be a recipe for disappointment.

this is one that I am intrigued with from this group....you'll see why once she hits the court

I posted earlier about her being on the Naismith Watchlist. Of the incoming recruits, she is clearly the one with the most accolades and street cred. I think she'll be a good player, but she'll also be coming into a tough position where she'll basically be stepping into Rennia Davis' shoes...and those are some big shoes to fill as a freshman. After an adjustment period, I could see her being a Taber Spani or Kamiko Williams-type player.

I posted earlier about her being on the Naismith Watchlist. Of the incoming recruits, she is clearly the one with the most accolades and street cred. I think she'll be a good player, but she'll also be coming into a tough position where she'll basically be stepping into Rennia Davis' shoes...and those are some big shoes to fill as a freshman. After an adjustment period, I could see her being a Taber Spani or Kamiko Williams-type player.

I hear ya I am not saying she will be a superstar but i think Wynn will be a baller and have an impact... she seems to be working a lot on her game and seems a bit more silky smooth.

I see Puckett as more of a Sydney Spencer type player but i could be wrong ...

I think Kellie will dip into the transfer portal as well to put her team in the best position or create more options I also think she will go after what her team needs.

Like you’ve said before let the dream rise to the top...

I see Horston or Wynn wearing Ren's shoes,...both have similar games:
shoot-take off the dribble-drive

Sara is more of a stretch four than a true SF like Ren is

VN Store

Back