2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

The Loretto vs Greenfield game will be played on Saturday December 7th will feature Lady Vol signee Tess Darby and Loretto guard that Tennessee is recruiting Karly Weathers. Greenfield at present is 3 and 0 and so is Loretto. Loretto is ranked number 1 and Greenfield is number 2 in class A
Oh, man! I’d love to attend that game, but it’s more than a 4-hour drive to Greenfield, and I’m already driving to Knoxville on Sunday. It would be terrific if there were a lot of orange-wearing fans in the stands.

Add Teonni, along with Striplin, the LVs, along with all their other tall talent, would own the paint against any college team USA....Also, add Kaiya Wynn to round off the back court, and look out mama....

Key could be the most important player for us to get in this class. I don't know where we stand with the higher ranked players but it would be a real blow if Teonni didn't choose Tennessee.
I’m sure they want Teonni to make up her own mind to go wherever she feels she most wants to be, but I have to think that her parents would be happy for her to go where big sis can look out for her. Plus, if she becomes a Lady Vol they don’t have to buy anymore gear for a different team! :D

I’m sure they want Teonni to make up her own mind to go wherever she feels she most wants to be, but I have to think that her parents would be happy for her to go where big sis can look out for her. Plus, if she becomes a Lady Vol they don’t have to buy anymore gear for a different team! :D

Easier and cheaper to see them play if they're on the same team too.

Teonni is a very solid player that we need. Her high school team this season is terrible but hopefully she will have a great season and get better.

Reactions: djtee
Five prospects to make unofficial visits this weekend for the Texas game:
2021 Karoline Striplin (6-2 forward, Hartford, Ala.)
2021 Sara Puckett (6-2 forward, Muscle Shoals, Ala.)
2021 Kaiya Wynn ((5-10 guard, Nashville)
2021 Karly Weathers (5-10 guard, Loretto, Tenn.)
2023 Cori Allen (5-10 guard, Nashville — daughter of former Vol bballer Corey Allen)
I meet the younger Key sister at Texas game, so add another to that list. She is friendly, and stunning.! I sure hope she comes, she looks like she is cat quick.

Right now my top three are Striplin, Puckett, and Key I would be very happy if we could sign those three players. Some of the others we are recruiting just look like long shots that probably go elsewhere. I don't care about ratings sites Puckett, and Striplin can play would be huge additions to our team in 2021.

Right now my top three are Striplin, Puckett, and Key I would be very happy if we could sign those three players. Some of the others we are recruiting just look like long shots that probably go elsewhere. I don't care about ratings sites Puckett, and Striplin can play would be huge additions to our team in 2021.

Her team did not win but her stats from the game Teonni 19 pts, 16 rebs, 4 asts and 4 blks

The problem is that Key, Striplin and Puckett all essentially play the same position. As is pretty clear from the effects of the loss of Zaay Green, this team needs an additional guard or two. I could see taking two of these three, if the circumstance were right, but I think that a player from a list of Jersey Wolfenbarger (although I think she may be Arkansas' to lose), Saniya Rivers, Aubryanna Hall, Sonia Citron, or Payton Verhulst, is almost a necessity. I would also like to see the staff bring in Latasha Lattamore. While there is room for a class of five, I'm not sure I see the staff taking that many. So maybe one guard, two guard/wing/forwards and a true post.

Just my opinion,

Jim

Last edited:
Nope you didn’t make the cut like UConn on her list 😂
I don't think UConn offered her. They have been in her high school many times to get Aaliyah Edwards, so they definitely knew about her. I thought it was strange they didn't, but perhaps it was because they already had Deberry for 2021.

The problem is that Key, Striplin and Puckett all essentially play the same position. As is pretty clear from the effects of the loss of Zaay Green, this team needs an additional guard or two. I could see taking two of these three, if the circumstance were right, but I think that a player from a list of Jersey Wolfenbarger (although I think she may be Arkansas' to lose), Saniya Rivers, Aubryanna Hall, Sonia Citron, or Payton Verhulst, is almost a necessity. I would also like to see the staff bring in Latasha Lattamore. While there is room for a class of five, I'm not sure I see the staff taking that many. So maybe one guard, two guard/wing/forwards and a true post.

Just my opinion,

Jim
Key can play 1 through 4 and so can Puckett. Striplin is more of a post player and we lose Harris and Brown this season plus also KK next class. We have two guards coming in the next class Salary and Darby to join Green Massengill and Horston. I'm not saying we may not need to sign any other player but I would take all three of these players in the same class two are very versatile and one although mostly a post has an outside shot that really would be beneficial to any team.

The team would look like this:

PG-Massengill, Horston, Green
2G-Salary, Darby, Rennie
3F-Key, Burrell, Puckett
PF-Striplin, certainly would take Lattamore in the post positions.
C-Key, Saunders

Haven't seen much of Wolfenburger but like you said does not look real receptive to the Lady Vols, Rivers looks like a long shot, Verhulst even though rated higher does not look as good as Puckett or Key of film. The three choices are mostly players I feel we have at least a 50 percent chance of getting of course we want turn down any top rated player that decides first. Also we can't wait on players if others are ready to commit. We'll see how it all goes down the main point I was making about these three players is that they are totally underrated in this class.

Last edited:
I don't think UConn offered her. They have been in her high school many times to get Aaliyah Edwards, so they definitely knew about her. I thought it was strange they didn't, but perhaps it was because they already had Deberry for 2021.

See my post below. Looks like she just went a different direction. Although it was a position of need. Even with the players they had she could have been valuable to them.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back