2021 Fall Ball Thread

Regarding the pitching from the McCormick thread - if Anderson can develop these pitchers it should translate to high draft picks and more attention for the program. Once you get it going, it should feed itself - very exciting

They are scrimmaging this Sunday. Don't know time yet. Heard from a reliable source, not son, that most of the weekend starters and relievers will throw Sunday so they will be ready for next Saturday. I think next Saturday is one 18 inning game which equates to 2 nine inning games. I don't think they are taking everyone to either weekend. Having to compete to earn a right to travel in the fall. May be also logistics as to take everyone would require 3 buses and lots of motel rooms for Memphis.

They are scrimmaging this Sunday. Don't know time yet. Heard from a reliable source, not son, that most of the weekend starters and relievers will throw Sunday so they will be ready for next Saturday. I think next Saturday is one 18 inning game which equates to 2 nine inning games. I don't think they are taking everyone to either weekend. Having to compete to earn a right to travel in the fall. May be also logistics as to take everyone would require 3 buses and lots of motel rooms for Memphis.

Motels in MIllington are real cheap!

Vitello gonna enjoy his boy Max Scherzer’s win tonight. Congrats to the Dodgers!

Reactions: TN_gal
I just noticed that McCormick didn't play in the exhibition and then read that he gave up the game. What happened there? I thought we were going to get a solid hitting catcher.

CTV is such a great UT ambassador, not to mention a fantastic baseball coach. When you look at all of the UT coaches they are all high character individuals, from CTV, CRB, CJH, CKH, et. al. are truly bringing UT back to the national spot light for all of the right reasons.

Proud to be a VOL!

GBO

CTV is such a great UT ambassador, not to mention a fantastic baseball coach. When you look at all of the UT coaches they are all high character individuals, from CTV, CRB, CJH, CKH, et. al. are truly bringing UT back to the national spot light for all of the right reasons.

Proud to be a VOL!

GBO

Yes, agree with everything you said. We have great coaches across the board. In addition to the ones you mentioned, Coach Pensky (women's soccer) and Coach Rackham Watt (women's volleyball) both currently have their respective programs in the national spotlight. It's a great time to be a Tennessee Volunteer!

Coach Barnes was asked about Coach V during his media availability presser earlier this afternoon. Here's what he said:

"I think Tony's phenomenal. I love his fire because I can think back to when I was his age. He's in the best baseball league in America and Tony's willing to let people know that he's in this thing to win big. The excitement that he brought to the fans was what we needed. It's phenomenal the job he's done. I'm excited for him. His team has taken on his personality and I'm excited about the future of our baseball program."

He also said this about Vol fans, CJH, athletic department, and university:

"We have the best fans in America and we have great leaderships. What Josh Heupel has done is phenomenal. Look at the way we've improved as a team. Josh is confident in what he's doing. "I'm just so proud of our University for going through tough times. There's not better leadership in the country. I'm so excited for our future."

Tony vols was on basilio show yesterday at about 39 min mark coming off commercial...it was awesome as always!!
GBO!!⚾🍊🔥

Reactions: TN_gal

VN Store

Back