2021 Baseball Recruiting

Read. He said “There are about 2-5 true walk-ons every year who go through the fall.” You don’t seem to get recruiting verbiage. Anybody talking recruiting differentiates between walk ons and preferred walk ons. He said only a couple of non-preferred walk ons make it through fall. My guys all talk about which guys are scholarship, which are preferred and which are true walk ons. Not to bash them but if a true walk on makes roster it is a big deal.
There will be an extraordinary amount of preferred and true walk ons this year. And of all years better chance for true walk ons to make it to spring. Btw, next three years numbers were changed when you want to argue with people.
You seem to bash staff a lot not to dislike them. The system will not change because parents and players are willing to commit earlier and earlier and think they are all good enough to be the man.

Read. He said “There are about 2-5 true walk-ons every year who go through the fall.” You don’t seem to get recruiting verbiage.

I understand the verbiage perfectly well and the OP doesn’t.

you see he really doesn’t understand that preferred walk ons are in football, guaranteed roster spots, and are not in baseball. Baseball has recruited walk ons in and then kids that lose a bet at the frat house and then tryout out. These kids are non recruited walk ons and I have a better chance of getting laid by a playboy playmate tonight than those kids do in making the team.

If you need any other help with verbiage I suggest asking me instead of the OP that is clueless.

Reactions: Titan05
It’s too early even last year they were carrying too many just a couple weeks before the first game. Admittedly I don’t keep up as much as I used to though.

Reactions: BruinVol
Not sure you dislike but you were very critical of the hire from the start.

I knew what kind of recruiting was coming because of his past and I also knew it was the only way to win here.

But @preacherman20 should appreciate that I am not willing sell my soul to gain the world. So I’ll never be a fan of this program when it’s coached in a style this way even if it wins

Reactions: Titan05
I don’t dislike the staff nor do I blame them for the way they approach recruiting.

I hate the system and think it needs to be reformed to protect kids and their families.

Lol at "nor do I blame them for the way they approach recruiting".

Good lord. Came here to catch up on the 2021 class and all I find is just another thread hijacked by Bruin (Dave Serrano) once again

Dude how many freaking times are you going to scream at the clouds about the same exact thing? You’ve made your point 500 times by now. Stop hijacking threads

Good lord. Came here to catch up on the 2021 class and all I find is just another thread hijacked by Bruin (Dave Serrano) once again

Dude how many freaking times are you going to scream at the clouds about the same exact thing? You’ve made your point 500 times by now. Stop hijacking threads

Lol
my last post in this thread was in November

Nice bump complaining

Just saw a early mock draft with him going #5 overall. Very slim chance he ever plays for the Vols

It’s going to come down to 1 thing, MONEY.
These players and their families have advisors and their advisors present to scouts what their ‘number’ is. It doesn’t matter if they are chosen in the 1st or 3rd round, if they get their ‘number’ they are gone. Teams can manipulate their available money allotted for the draft which is why you see 3rd rounders getting more than 1st rounders in some instances. Nothing Vitello, Corbin, or anyone else can do about it.

Talk of these players choosing college over being drafted is amusing. Using Rocker as an example, his ‘number’ was higher than any team was willing to give at that time so he didn’t choose to go to college, MLB actually chose not to draft him because they felt he was asking too much. Turns out they were wrong and he will get more than he was asking back then but not a lot more. His number out of HS was in the 5-6 million dollar range.

I think it also depends on fit. I've seen some top guys get drafted by a team they didn't feel was the right fit, and so they elect to go the college route. Again, I think it's highly unlikely House plays for TN, but I am more hopeful under TV's leadership than Serrano. Guys like House see we're winning. Sometimes that's enough. Often times it's not. We'll see what happens.

Rocker was not the one who wanted the college experience. According to baseball legend, his mama was adamant that he went to college and to be specific Vanderbilt to get an education so when this baseball thing was over he would have a degree. It is said that his mama even specified that if he was not close to a degree he would stay an extra year. I've heard this from a reliable source but not guaranteeing it.

Just saw a early mock draft with him going #5 overall. Very slim chance he ever plays for the Vols

Just dont be surprised. Rocker was a top 5. Some kids want the college experience and i get it from a solid source that he wants the college experience. Especially now that kids in his situation can take our insurance polices on themselves to protect from injury. Im new to this forum so you may think i dont know what im talking about, but if i had to bet, he will be on campus in July.

The players and families are also seeing the risk versus reward paying off for many top guys. The more Rockers and Leiters that play college ball and get their money the more will follow that route.
The coaches on the collegiate level are on another level then minor league ball. The college route is the fastest track to the big leagues. The data supports this as well.

Reactions: Smokey'sHandler
Rocker was not the one who wanted the college experience. According to baseball legend, his mama was adamant that he went to college and to be specific Vanderbilt to get an education so when this baseball thing was over he would have a degree. It is said that his mama even specified that if he was not close to a degree he would stay an extra year. I've heard this from a reliable source but not guaranteeing it.

Not to mention the SEC is every bit as competitive as even AA ball and SEC staffs and their resources are developing kids better than any minor league organization. A kid goes to the SEC where he will be around coaches every single day telling them what to eat, what to lift, what to stretch, and even telling them when to sleep, with the purpose of making the kid better. In the minors, your on your own, period. Your eating Wendys everyday off your $40 per diem, sleeping in crappy hotel beds, and working out (if you have time) in run down gyms while on the road. Its a culture shock for most kids too because half the kids on the team dont speak English and there is a good chance your coach doesnt speak it that well. Theres nothing wrong with that, but for most 18 year old kids who have never wanted for a thing in their life, they are lucky to make it to the 3rd year.
Its hard to turn down $4 million, but there is good reason for kids who do.

Just dont be surprised. Rocker was a top 5. Some kids want the college experience and i get it from a solid source that he wants the college experience. Especially now that kids in his situation can take our insurance polices on themselves to protect from injury. Im new to this forum so you may think i dont know what im talking about, but if i had to bet, he will be on campus in July.
Not sure on House but I will say this. Don’t give up hope on Burns being in Knoxville.

Reactions: 6-4-3
I hope you’re right. Need kids like him and Burns to make it to campus

VN Store

Back