2021 Baseball Recruiting

Do you realize how many guys on this roster will go in the top 20 rounds?
MLB could cut the draft to 10 or fewer rounds if we don’t get a cure/antibody. They want to cut teams and CV-19 gives them the excuse.
College ball will produce top players and MLB will benefit along with coaches keeping players longer. Unfortunately some players on the fringe won’t get a shot at pro ball.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Do you realize how many guys on this roster will go in the top 20 rounds?
Sorry for not being clear: I was pointing out next year’s draft is going to 20 rounds, not back to ‘normal’ as before like you wrote. Yes, all schools will lose guys to the draft.

Sorry for not being clear: I was pointing out next year’s draft is going to 20 rounds, not back to ‘normal’ as before like you wrote. Yes, all schools will lose guys to the draft.
I gotcha. Yes you’re correct. Mid majors won’t be affected much by it. But schools in the SEC stand to lose two drafts classes. Plus a gigantic transfer Situation which is already large. You can only play 8 field position players. The relief situation will put that on steroids when kids aren’t playing. All these things you will see the 21 class loads being pretty big in the power 5’s.

Reactions: Thanos and @1RBFjr
I gotcha. Yes you’re correct. Mid majors won’t be affected much by it. But schools in the SEC stand to lose two drafts classes. Plus a gigantic transfer Situation which is already large. You can only play 8 field position players. The relief situation will put that on steroids when kids aren’t playing. All these things you will see the 21 class loads being pretty big in the power 5’s.

Oh good grief
Spin spin spin

Let me help you with some facts

2020 mlb draft helped D1 add players

there are now 5 classes on one team thanks to covid And that’s going to be the case until this cycle is over

Roster limits go back down next year

2021 mlb draft is going to be smaller and Maybe more importantly have Less $ which again allows for D1s to get more players

and one more huge fact:

CTV is ALWAYS going to have big classes because he is cutthroat with recruits only being a number and is all about winning.

Stop insulting our intelligence and making excuses for that. Just embrace it and call a spade a spade. Just admit it’s a just win baby approach.

Oh good grief
Spin spin spin

Let me help you with some facts

2020 mlb draft helped D1 add players

there are now 5 classes on one team thanks to covid And that’s going to be the case until this cycle is over

Roster limits go back down next year

2021 mlb draft is going to be smaller and Maybe more importantly have Less $ which again allows for D1s to get more players

and one more huge fact:

CTV is ALWAYS going to have big classes because he is cutthroat with recruits only being a number and is all about winning.

Stop insulting our intelligence and making excuses for that. Just embrace it and call a spade a spade. Just admit it’s a just win baby approach.
Not spinning a damn thing. I’ve got news for you. They all are in the SEC in every sport. Vanderbilt has 21 commits in the 2021 class and Florida has 19. Tennessee has 20. Just watch all those will rise and have over the last few weeks because of everything you called a spin that I talked about. I was talking about every program not just Tennessee.

Reactions: Thanos
Not spinning a damn thing. I’ve got news for you. They all are in the SEC in every sport. Vanderbilt has 21 commits in the 2021 class and Florida has 19. Tennessee has 20. Just watch all those will rise and have over the last few weeks because of everything you called a spin that I talked about. I was talking about every program not just Tennessee.

Yes my friend it’s all spin for you all the time. Your spin a few years back was “CTV won’t be at the top of the SEC in number or commitments once he gets his roster flipped. “

Then it was “he’s moved on to 2022 and beyond now”.

now the spin is some ridiculous “covid did it”

the facts are I told you from day one he was going to always recruit this cutthroat way. I told you that it was the only way to win here and just to embrace it and stop making excuses.

And now the facts are CTV is still leading the SEC charge in numbers each and every year just like I told you it would be. It was that way from day 1, it’s that way now and it will always be that way with him coaching this program and that’s a good thing if winning is the only thing that matters to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: txbo
You’ve complained since day 1...How’d ur prediction about burning bridges at JC’s turn out..3 years ago did you predict TN would have 2 top 10 recruits? Yet you’re still pontificating—take your crap somewhere else Nostradamus.

Bruin likes to come here and pretend he knows everything when he doesn’t have a clue about what goes on inside the team. Again, I say talk to the players. They absolutely love playing for this staff. Big bad CTV doesn’t seem to be having problems getting top recruits to come here despite his “cutthroat” approach. I’m sure many others will join me in wishing you would take your negativity and complaints back to the other boards because you seem to be an expert on the football and basketball teams as well. And if you really think COVID-19 hasn’t affected how Tennessee and other top teams are having to recruit, you’re just being blind and stubborn so you can push your narrative.

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1
You’ve complained since day 1...How’d ur prediction about burning bridges at JC’s turn out..3 years ago did you predict TN would have 2 top 10 recruits? Yet you’re still pontificating—take your crap somewhere else Nostradamus.
wrong
The only thing close to being correct in your post is I said he’d burn bridges and that’s true.
he hasn’t gotten the good ones from Walters state because of it
I never said he wouldn’t recruit well. He will because his method doesn’t require being a
Good evaluator. It only requires being correct 1 of 3 times

Bruin likes to come here and pretend he knows everything when he doesn’t have a clue about what goes on inside the team. Again, I say talk to the players. They absolutely love playing for this staff.

Hmmmm

you might want to check with a few more players. I’d start with the one that just signed for 20k. He lost a lot of $ to get out of dodge

I don't care for over recruiting.
It doesn't matter whether it's our coach or another team's coach.
It doesn't matter if we are winning or losing.
It doesn't matter if it's covid era or not.
It doesn't matter whether it's a necessary evil or not.
I don't like it.

Bruin is simply calling a spade a spade. He's been consistent with that for years, regardless of the coach or team or how much crap he catches here.
To that I raise a glass to you Bruin.
Cheers.

I don't care for over recruiting.
It doesn't matter whether it's our coach or another team's coach.
It doesn't matter if we are winning or losing.
It doesn't matter if it's covid era or not.
It doesn't matter whether it's a necessary evil or not.
I don't like it.

Bruin is simply calling a spade a spade. He's been consistent with that for years, regardless of the coach or team or how much crap he catches here.
To that I raise a glass to you Bruin.
Cheers.

Dang I might grab a beer before 5 o’clock after that. I’d love to have a lot of beverages watching an SEC matchup at Lindsey nelson right about now with you my friend!

Dang I might grab a beer before 5 o’clock after that. I’d love to have a lot of beverages watching an SEC matchup at Lindsey nelson right about now with you my friend!

We could all use a good dose of baseball right now brother.

Oh and I want the grass back. Lindsey Nelson with the smack of leather, the whistle of the fastball, the crack of the bat, enjoying a beer with your bros, and the smell of fresh cut grass. This IS heaven.

Reactions: UTKARMA
All are invited under a few conditions

1) I Solemnly swear to not discuss over signing

2) no politics are allowed to be discussed which includes no covid talk

3) lots of vandy unfair advantage talk is allowed

LOL!

F Vandy.

Now we're back on track.

Reactions: BruinVol
We could all use a good dose of baseball right now brother.

Oh and I want the grass back. Lindsey Nelson with the smack of leather, the whistle of the fastball, the crack of the bat, enjoying a beer with your bros, and the smell of fresh cut grass. This IS heaven.

I love the natural grass as well but it’s just too practical for Knoxville to have turf. Never lose any practice time and the players aren’t always on tarp call which is a distraction. As much as I am a traditionalist the turf wins games imo

I love the natural grass as well but it’s just too practical for Knoxville to have turf. Never lose any practice time and the players aren’t always on tarp call which is a distraction. As much as I am a traditionalist the turf wins games imo

I was in my happy place and you're screwing up my zen.... the fresh cut grass stays.

Reactions: BruinVol
wrong
The only thing close to being correct in your post is I said he’d burn bridges and that’s true.
he hasn’t gotten the good ones from Walters state because of it
I never said he wouldn’t recruit well. He will because his method doesn’t require being a
Good evaluator. It only requires being correct 1 of 3 times
Right...only 2 potential 1st round JC transfers...
I’m sure they can’t hold a flame to WS guys...
And we haven’t had any recruits shoot up the rankings...If only this staff could evaluate talent...
but let’s go with blanket statements that fit your narrative...

Right...only 2 potential 1st round JC transfers...
I’m sure they can’t hold a flame to WS guys...
And we haven’t had any recruits shoot up the rankings...If only this staff could evaluate talent...
but let’s go with blanket statements that fit your narrative...

As I said he’s done well. When you have to only be right 1 out of 3 I like those evaluation odds.

VN Store

Back