2021-2022 polls

GBOplayer

Looks like we are not even ranked in the ESPN early 2021-2022 projected rankings....hope we don't take this past year for granted, we are in for a dismal season next year. The cupboard is empty with all our top players leaving for the draft and graduating.
I just hope we can be at least a .500 team and possibly make the NIT tournament.

Looks like we are not even ranked in the ESPN early 2021-2022 projected rankings....hope we don't take this past year for granted, we are in for a dismal season next year. The cupboard is empty with all our top players leaving for the draft and graduating.
I just hope we can be at least a .500 team and possibly make the NIT tournament.

We are unranked in several early ones, but the CBS Top 25 and 1 has us at 20th. Also, they all stipulate that it’s just a guess at this point with rosters in flux. It’s just a way to generate clicks.

It's April dude...
giphy.gif

Lmao preseason polls are always a joke at this time of the year, but even more so this year with the amount of transfers. Let me guess you're also looking at next years Bracketology too?

Reactions: StoneColdStunner
It's a bit early to be looking at a poll for this fall. Still a lot of prospects in the portal and HS recruits undecided perhaps.

As of right now our starting center is likely one of ORN, Uros or Anosike. That alone would prevent us from being a top 25 team.

Lmao preseason polls are always a joke at this time of the year, but even more so this year with the amount of transfers. Let me guess you're also looking at next years Bracketology too?
Uh oh! We’d better go ahead and fire Barnes now

As of right now our starting center is likely one of ORN, Uros or Anosike. That alone would prevent us from being a top 25 team.
I’m thinking none of those guys start, we’ll just run a small lineup. Anosike was particularly painful to watch

I don't get it ? Any talented, smart, good passing post player can just watch Grant Williams for close to 3 full seasons at UT and he has to see how Barnes' offense is Taylor-made for a player similar to Grant to thrive, SEC POY thrive. U would think at least one big-time transfer and/or recruit could see that, but apparently not. All or big men are projects, undersized or end up transferring. I would think one kid in the past 3 years or so would want to put up Grant numbers and have the offense basically run through 'em, with an elite PG and several potential shooters on the team to make it even more tantalizing, wouldn't u want that ? What the eff is going on ? It's odd, I think Walker could have been that guy, but we will probably never know and he may be more of a 3, but if he could post, pass and shoot, nevermind, moot point. Man, we need BHH to reclassify and commit

Reactions: VolBalls33
I don't get it ? Any talented, smart, good passing post player can just watch Grant Williams for close to 3 full seasons at UT and he has to see how Barnes' offense is Taylor-made for a player similar to Grant to thrive, SEC POY thrive. U would think at least one big-time transfer and/or recruit could see that, but apparently not. All or big men are projects, undersized or end up transferring. I would think one kid in the past 3 years or so would want to put up Grant numbers and have the offense basically run through 'em, with an elite PG and several potential shooters on the team to make it even more tantalizing, wouldn't u want that ? What the eff is going on ? It's odd, I think Walker could have been that guy, but we will probably never know and he may be more of a 3, but if he could post, pass and shoot, nevermind, moot point. Man, we need BHH to reclassify and commit

The problem is that almost all the young post players now don't want to play in the post for offense, they just want to shoot 3 pointers...today's game does not value back to the basket post players, and most young players know that to get to the NBA as a post player, you have to shoot 3's...so I think it's just a matter of players not wanting to play that style

Losing 7, possibly 8 guys off the roster including your two best defensive players and two best offensive players doesn't lend itself to anyone making a too early top 25 to have a lot of faith in your team returning unless you're a one and done factory like Duke/Kentucky/Kansas/UNC.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Why is this a thread? Every team across the country has their rosters in flux right now. We know next to nothing about how most teams are going to look next season right now.

If anyone tells you they know which teams will be ranked 11-25 right now, they're lying.

VN Store

Back