• 7-5

Votes: 29 4.4%
  • 6-6

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Don't Even Go There

Votes: 16 2.4%

• Total voters
Not entirely true.

Of the two playable QBs still on the roster (not scout team QBs) one is a red shirt freshman (Tanner Mordecai) and the other (Spencer Rattler) is a true freshman this year. So they'll have two and one year respectively working with Coach Riley. Rattler could even take a red shirt this year if he wanted to maintain a year of eligibility. We also have a recruit coming in that's pretty highly rated (4 star) that will probably back them up.
Everything I've seen or read says that Rattler will be the starter and progressed well this year. We will find out in the fall though.

Everything I've seen or read says that Rattler will be the starter and progressed well this year. We will find out in the fall though.
I'd certainly think he has the inside track, but I'm not discounting Mordecai just yet.

Plus, even though we're bringing back a significant presence on the Offensive Line, injuries do happen.

I'd certainly think he has the inside track, but I'm not discounting Mordecai just yet.

Plus, even though we're bringing back a significant presence on the Offensive Line, injuries do happen.
If he doesn't get the job, I would bet he is starting somewhere soon after he transfers.

• Sept. 5 — Charlotte W
  • Sept. 12 — at Oklahoma W
  • Sept. 19 — Furman W
  • Sept. 26 — Florida L
  • Oct. 3 — Missouri W
  • Oct. 10 — at South Carolina W
  • Oct. 24 — Alabama L
  • Oct. 31 — at Arkansas W
  • Nov. 7 – Kentucky W
  • Nov. 14 — at Georgia L
  • Nov. 21 — Troy W
  • Nov. 28 — at Vanderbilt W
2020 Tennessee 9-3 and 5-3 in the SEC and tied for 1st place in the SEC East

2021 Outback Bowl: Tennessee vs Iowa

Pretty bold. We beat Oklahoma on their field but lose to Florida on our own. I'd rather have it the other way round but I'll take a win over either team.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
This HAS to be the year that we beat either UF or Bama on our home field. If UT goes 9-3 but it cant win one of those games, I'm not sure I can be satisfied with the season. We need to begin beating these two teams regularly now.

This HAS to be the year that we beat either UF or Bama on our home field. If UT goes 9-3 but it cant win one of those games, I'm not sure I can be satisfied with the season. We need to begin beating these two teams regularly now.

you're going to be unsatisfied

Tough to say. I love the progress we made but UT won all the tight games. Hopefully it'll be the same next year but you never know. I think the talent level and overall direction of the program is certainly changing for the better. It's a manageable schedule. 7-5 is the floor, 10-2 is probably the best case scenario. So in all likelihood 8-4 or 9-3. Beating any of the four likely losses would be great for the program.

I want to beat Florida or Georgia. One has to think that eventually UT will play Florida and they'll be the ones to play their worst game of the year while UT plays one of its best. Law of averages dictate that this is long overdue. By November we'll have a pretty good idea as to what our chances are in Athens.

Tough to say. I love the progress we made but UT won all the tight games. Hopefully it'll be the same next year but you never know. I think the talent level and overall direction of the program is certainly changing for the better. It's a manageable schedule. 7-5 is the floor, 10-2 is probably the best case scenario. So in all likelihood 8-4 or 9-3. Beating any of the four likely losses would be great for the program.

I want to beat Florida or Georgia. One has to think that eventually UT will play Florida and they'll be the ones to play their worst game of the year while UT plays one of its best. Law of averages dictate that this is long overdue. By November we'll have a pretty good idea as to what our chances are in Athens.
I actually think Pruitt is doing a really nice job, and I do believe he'll have y'all all the way turned around sooner rather than later...But next year is not a good year to judge him vs us, we're loaded, and absolutely a playoff contender...You're not beating us next year.

Smdh. It makes me sick to see so many people mentally forfeiting 3 or 4 games before the season has even started.
We have talent, a lot of returning starters, momentum, and a good coaching staff. We have all the tools it takes to win. In my opinion, we can beat every team on the schedule. Will we? I don't know. But we have the ability to do it. Any way, 8-4 or 9-3 should never be the expectation here. If that is the expectation why even bother? We are UT! WGWTFA!

We're undoubtedly on the right track. Next year should just be a focus on beating who we're supposed to beat, and maybe steal one from OU, Bama, UGA, or UF. Those 4 games I wouldn't sweat too much. Just beat who you're supposed to beat. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised. Pruitt is learning on the job and down the stretch resembled a savvy head coach for the most part, and he's got his culture in place and bringing in elite talent.

It's a great time to be a Vol right now.

I like the direction football is moving at this juncture. Great comeback by Pruitt to finish season strong after really mucking it up in first two games. Very positive showing by the staff.

As for the coming season, to continue the positive movement, must win 8 games. No reason they should not beat 8 teams on that schedule. The other 4 much more difficult. The one concern I have with the 8 is QB consistency could very easily lose one or more of those games. I can't convince myself that there is much that can be done at QB to avoid the consistency issue. # 2 is about as good as he can possibly be, inconsistent. He will be starter day 1. The freshman, as great as he may become, is a freshman. If the job falls to him there is certainly risk of losses.

Hopefully, they can win those 8 and continue on the march back to being respectful.

On Coach Fulmer, doing good things. My concern is when will he leave? 3 years? 5 Years?? he won't be around all that much longer which means a new person running things. Then there is also what happens when a new president comes in?? Still some fundamental questions out there that could derail positive movement in the near future. Unknowns at this point.

Sorry to be late answering. Have been gone on golf trip.

Thank you for the response.

VN Store

Back