Votes: 174 26.2%
  • 7-5

Votes: 29 4.4%
  • 6-6

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Don't Even Go There

Votes: 16 2.4%

• Total voters
Let's face facts here, Hurts didn't fit the OU offense we've seen since Lincoln came to town (not a gunslinger) but he managed to win despite not being a great passer. Good enough to win, not really a great QB in the grand scheme of things.
But he's not ever going to be remembered as a "great" Oklahoma quarterback.
Wasn't he constantly mentioned in the Heisman talk all throughout the 1st half of the season?

Now you're just mocking us....... j/k lol..

There was a time when QB's had been so successful at UT we might have been able to say something similar after the year Hurts had.

Wasn't he constantly mentioned in the Heisman talk all throughout the 1st half of the season?

Now you're just mocking us....... j/k lol..

There was a time when QB's had been so successful at UT we might have been able to say something similar after the year Hurts had.
I think a lot of that hype was because he was a national champion though at a different, quite despicable program that claims to wear crimson and the fact Lincoln Riley had already coached two QBs into Heisman awards. Not bragging, but his chances probably went up way more when he signed at OU than if he signed at say a place like Florida State.

That one QB you had when we met in Knoxville was similar to Hurts. Not a great arm, but could scramble with the best of them and keep drives alive with his feet rather than just giving up. Just raw athleticism and determination.

Reactions: vettefool
  • Sept. 5 — Charlotte
  • Sept. 12 — at Oklahoma
  • Sept. 19 — Furman
  • Sept. 26 — Florida
  • Oct. 3 — Missouri
  • Oct. 10 — at South Carolina
  • Oct. 24 — Alabama
  • Oct. 31 — at Arkansas
  • Nov. 7 – Kentucky
  • Nov. 14 — at Georgia
  • Nov. 21 — Troy
  • Nov. 28 — at Vanderbilt
Orange= Win
Black=Loss

Looks like 9-3

I think Florida is a tougher game than Georgia next season..

Reactions: hUTch2002 and 08Vol
7-5...looking better overall. The losses on defense and the leadership will be tough to overcome early. 2021 is the year we really start to turn the corner.

This coach is clearly a vast improvement, but no miracle worker.

8-4. If they miss 8 wins the only possible issue (outside of health issues) will be inconsistent QB play.. all other positions good enough to get to 8

Good to see you posting again. How do you feel about the current state of the program with Fulmer and Pruitt at the helm?

Reactions: preacherwebb
I don't see why they can't improve to 9-3, but nothing about the future of the passing game gives me reason to believe further.

I voted 8-4, but in my heart I believe with better qb play, we have an outside shot at 9-3 ... all regular season of course. Crazy to think that with a bowl, we might even have a shot at 10! I can't believe I just typed that out. Anyway, 8-4.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I’m going with 11-2. If we can find some decent quarterback play there is no reason we can’t surprise some people next year. I’ll be in Norman when we take care of OU. Georgia is losing their entire offense basically and Bama without Tua is the same team we should have beat last year. A Florida let down in Neyland is classic UT (costing us the East), along with a loss to a team we should not lose to (USC).
  • Sept. 5 — Charlotte W
  • Sept. 12 — at Oklahoma W
  • Sept. 19 — Furman W
  • Sept. 26 — Florida L
  • Oct. 3 — Missouri W
  • Oct. 10 — at South Carolina L
  • Oct. 24 — Alabama W
  • Oct. 31 — at Arkansas W
  • Nov. 7 – Kentucky W
  • Nov. 14 — at Georgia W
  • Nov. 21 — Troy W
  • Nov. 28 — at Vanderbilt W
  • Citrus Bowl - Penn State W

8-4 regular season with bowl win will be on track for my expectations (with beating who we should, no loses to Charlotte, Furman, etc, and competing with Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, Bama).

9-3 regular season with bowl win is realistic and will make me very happy (means we beat someone we should compete with like Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, Bama)

Either of those scenarios is a step forward, and is a 9 or 10 win season including the bowl.

Good to see you posting again. How do you feel about the current state of the program with Fulmer and Pruitt at the helm?

I like the direction football is moving at this juncture. Great comeback by Pruitt to finish season strong after really mucking it up in first two games. Very positive showing by the staff.

As for the coming season, to continue the positive movement, must win 8 games. No reason they should not beat 8 teams on that schedule. The other 4 much more difficult. The one concern I have with the 8 is QB consistency could very easily lose one or more of those games. I can't convince myself that there is much that can be done at QB to avoid the consistency issue. # 2 is about as good as he can possibly be, inconsistent. He will be starter day 1. The freshman, as great as he may become, is a freshman. If the job falls to him there is certainly risk of losses.

Hopefully, they can win those 8 and continue on the march back to being respectful.

On Coach Fulmer, doing good things. My concern is when will he leave? 3 years? 5 Years?? he won't be around all that much longer which means a new person running things. Then there is also what happens when a new president comes in?? Still some fundamental questions out there that could derail positive movement in the near future. Unknowns at this point.

Sorry to be late answering. Have been gone on golf trip.

I like the direction football is moving at this juncture. Great comeback by Pruitt to finish season strong after really mucking it up in first two games. Very positive showing by the staff.

As for the coming season, to continue the positive movement, must win 8 games. No reason they should not beat 8 teams on that schedule. The other 4 much more difficult. The one concern I have with the 8 is QB consistency could very easily lose one or more of those games. I can't convince myself that there is much that can be done at QB to avoid the consistency issue. # 2 is about as good as he can possibly be, inconsistent. He will be starter day 1. The freshman, as great as he may become, is a freshman. If the job falls to him there is certainly risk of losses.

Hopefully, they can win those 8 and continue on the march back to being respectful.

On Coach Fulmer, doing good things. My concern is when will he leave? 3 years? 5 Years?? he won't be around all that much longer which means a new person running things. Then there is also what happens when a new president comes in?? Still some fundamental questions out there that could derail positive movement in the near future. Unknowns at this point.

Sorry to be late answering. Have been gone on golf trip.
Fulmer will be around as long as the $ flow his way. That’s assuming his health allows him to. Heck it seems he is better than the idiots we hired after Dickey.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
So many unknowns QB & WR play & scoring TD's in red zone, it's basically a guess
We could be 7 & 5 losing a close one to someone we shouldn't
We could be 9 & 3 beating someone we shouldn't

I'd say 9 - 3 and we will be at least a threat in the east. I really think we can win 1 of the big 4 between OK, FL, AL, and GA. Our offensive line will carry us a long way. Our secondary should be very good. If we get some miraculous QB improvement then all bets are off and we could be really good.

Fulmer will be around as long as the $ flow his way. That’s assuming his health allows him to. Heck it seems he is better than the idiots we hired after Dickey.

too many grandkids he is starting to miss out on their growing up.. just don't see him hanging 5 more years.

agree he is best since Dickey

I say 8-4, with likely losses to Oklahoma, Florida, Bama, and Georgia.

I could see Georgia being a toss up depending on their record at that point. If they look Atlanta bound, it's not out of the question to beat them but would not be easy. OTOH, if they've taken one or more losses already, especially against other SEC teams, I could see them fold if the best they can hope for is the Citrus Bowl or a Peach or Fiesta Bowl at-large bid.

Arkansas, Vandy, Missouri, and South Carolina should all be beatable by at least a touchdown if not more. There is also no excuse to loose to Troy, Charlotte, or Furman. Anything less then beating those three be at least two touchdowns each if not more should see some starters benched.

Only team I'd really keep an eye on that could risk an upset, and this is still very small odds, might be Kentucky. While their 2019 squad was definitely a step or two down from the 2018 team, outside of UT, Florida, and Georgia, they strike me as they only other SEC East team that might be able meet or exceed the 6 win mark. The last 4 seasons have been the best they've done in a couple generations, and Mark Stoops ain't no Nick Saban 2.0 or anything, but he does seem to have found a way to get results to a degree up there. Personally, I could see them splitting the last two years and going 8-4 themselves.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Vols gonna beat bama next year.
Actually had a legit chance to pull the upset last year before a certain 4th year QB ended the opportunity with perhaps the dumbest, most selfish play in program history.

That said, given how our guys played and competed in Tuscaloosa, it’s not a far-fetched prediction that we could possibly beat them this year at home, especially if Cade Mays somehow gets eligible. Just gotta do something about the quarterback.

Reactions: chrismc1000
Picking records are so subjective, so many things can tip the scales in 2 or 3 games almost every year. Having said all that I picked 9-3, but would not be surprised on bit if we didn't finish 10-2. On my worst case I have 8-4. GBO!

2020 TENNESSEE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
  • W Sept. 5 — Charlotte
  • L Sept. 12 — at Oklahoma
  • W Sept. 19 — Furman
  • L Sept. 26 — Florida
  • W Oct. 3 — Missouri
  • W Oct. 10 — at South Carolina
  • L Oct. 24 — Alabama
  • W Oct. 31 — at Arkansas
  • W Nov. 7 – Kentucky
  • L Nov. 14 — at Georgia
  • W Nov. 21 — Troy
  • W Nov. 28 — at Vanderbilt

I don't see how we could expect to do better than 8-4? 8-4 is assuming we win ALL the games except the higher ranked teams!

We might get a win over Florida or perhaps Oklahoma. But we might lose one of the other games we should win.

So 8-4...

As it looks now TN could be anywhere from 7-5 to 11-1 record wise. I'm thinking 9-3 probably, but right now I'm saying 10-2, that's winning 2 or 3 games that most people have us losing and losing 1 game that most would have us winning. If 8-4 ends up being our record and the 4 losses are to Bama, UF, UGA and OU then the season will be a failure for the most part IMO. Year # 3 is the year to show that you can compete and win some games against big time competition and rivals, we cannot continue to lose every single game to our biggest rivals and still claim success.

Predict the Vols win/loss record for the 2020 regular season.

2020 TENNESSEE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
  • Sept. 5 — Charlotte
  • Sept. 12 — at Oklahoma
  • Sept. 19 — Furman
  • Sept. 26 — Florida
  • Oct. 3 — Missouri
  • Oct. 10 — at South Carolina
  • Oct. 24 — Alabama
  • Oct. 31 — at Arkansas
  • Nov. 7 – Kentucky
  • Nov. 14 — at Georgia
  • Nov. 21 — Troy