Votes: 174 26.2%
  • 7-5

Votes: 29 4.4%
  • 6-6

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Don't Even Go There

Votes: 16 2.4%

• Total voters
Their defense isn’t good and it’s a true freshman in his first big game. If we play well, I like our chances. They’re losing a lot. It’ll be a huge game for our program, it could jolt us in the right direction

But much like Tennessee they’re improving. Tennessee will have plenty of chances to make plays they just have to make them count. I like out run game and hopefully the ability to control the clock.

Yes, it’s a huge game and could do a lot for confidence. We’ll travel well but it’ll still be hostile and hopefully Tennessee handles it well and comes out on top

But much like Tennessee they’re improving. Tennessee will have plenty of chances to make plays they just have to make them count. I like out run game and hopefully the ability to control the clock.

Yes, it’s a huge game and could do a lot for confidence. We’ll travel well but it’ll still be hostile and hopefully Tennessee handles it well and comes out on top
100% depends on how we play at the QB position. I mean that’ll dictate our season in my opinion.

100% depends on how we play at the QB position. I mean that’ll dictate our season in my opinion.

100% agree.

I know it’s beating the horse but I hope like hell JG can find the switch and he can finally play a complete game.

Maurer has all the tools and a huge arm but sometimes he believes he can fit the ball in any space. Mix that with his inability to slide and it puts Tennessee in a bad spot.

I believe Shrout will ultimately transfer at some point

Hill, to me, is better suited for situational downs. Whether it be running or passing or both.

Bailey is the wildcard.
Do they ease him along and turn him lose in 21 or does he get the Dobbs treatment and get thrown to the wolves and shine like we all hope. I hope like hell hes given an opportunity and lights it up on a big stage.

I'll hold out until September to make a final prediction, but without knowing future injuries, attrition, and the performance of incoming freshmen during spring & fall practice..... I think 8-4 is a fair initial guess, with 9-3 being a reasonable goal. It's possible that we take one from either Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia or Alabama. We should at least have a puncher's chance in those games.

100% agree.

I know it’s beating the horse but I hope like hell JG can find the switch and he can finally play a complete game.

Maurer has all the tools and a huge arm but sometimes he believes he can fit the ball in any space. Mix that with his inability to slide and it puts Tennessee in a bad spot.

Hill, to me, is better suited for situational downs. Whether it be running or passing or both.

Bailey is the wildcard.
Do they ease him along and turn him lose in 21 or does he get the Dobbs treatment and get thrown to the wolves and shine like we all hope. I hope like hell hes given an opportunity and lights it up on a big stage.
I’m not even sure where to begin with Bailey. Him being a EE is huge and I feel like if JG was ever going to be good for us he would be by now.

We should win 11 games next season. I predicted 9 wins back in August. Looking back now, it's obvious that 9, even 10, wins was easily within our grasp. So I'll use the same reasoning and expect year-over-year improvement and no losses in games where we're the favorite.

I’m not even sure where to begin with Bailey. Him being a EE is huge and I feel like if JG was ever going to be good for us he would be by now.
Will this oline be good enough to make JG an adequate qb? Will it give him the time to camp out back there and make the right throw? We shall see. If he can’t surely there is someone in that qb room who can. We know Shrout can throw and Maurer is energetic. Is HB the freshman phenom? Exciting times to be a vol for a change. I do know even Tony Romo looked like a great qb when Dallas had those great olines.

100% agree.

Bailey is the wildcard.
I think both Maurer and Shrout will wind up transferring after Spring Practice

Chances are he will continue on the same path but I’m still gonna hope he gets over the hump.

Bailey is the future and hopefully he does great things while at Tennessee

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
Will this oline be good enough to make JG an adequate qb? Will it give him the time to camp out back there and make the right throw? We shall see. If he can’t surely there is someone in that qb room who can. We know Shrout can throw and Maurer is energetic. Is HB the freshman phenom? Exciting times to be a vol for a change. I do know even Tonly Romo looked like a great qb when Dallas had those great olines.
I’ve seen JG make awful decisions despite having all day to throw. It just seems like some games he’s fine but then the very next game he’s horrid. It’s all mental for him he’s got all the physical tools

Reactions: beamerman
I’ve seen JG make awful decisions despite having all day to throw. It just seems like some games he’s fine but then the very next game he’s horrid. It’s all mental for him he’s got all the physical tools
Seems so. Remember the problem John Smolz had? Sports psychologist helped him he said. Maybe TN ought to try that.

Been a long time since we’ve recruited size too. Two awful coaches put us in this mess and one guy took two years to get us up to par hopefully
Took Majors a lot longer to get his road graders. I remember watching those thinking even I could run through those holes. Will be fun to see someone with speed and quickness do it, unlike myself.

Will this oline be good enough to make JG an adequate qb? Will it give him the time to camp out back there and make the right throw? We shall see. If he can’t surely there is someone in that qb room who can. We know Shrout can throw and Maurer is energetic. Is HB the freshman phenom? Exciting times to be a vol for a change. I do know even Tony Romo looked like a great qb when Dallas had those great olines.
I'd rather face Dak than Tony if I'm up by two points and Dallas has the ball on their 20 with 2:00 on the clock

Maurer kinda had an opportunity in the bowl game to take the job going into Spring camp when he came in during Gator Bowl, and almost threw three int's. He's still in the mix and like his skills and attitude, but Pruitt not lining anyone up out there who has a propensity for turnovers.

Reactions: spyfish007

Unfortunately for JG the Oline can’t help him read and react quicker. The run game will open things up but he’s got to be faster In 20-21.

The DL wasn’t anything special this past season. Every great team has a great DL it’s the most important spot on defense
I think Emmitt Gooden coming back healthy along with everyone else on the line getting another full year of coaching and strength and conditioning, we will see a vast improvement from this season. Darell Taylor is leaving. With that being said, I think we have players like Roman Harrison and others who are absolute savages. Darell got so close to the QB with no avail so many times this year. Next year, It wont just be one player getting close, it will be a HOST OF VOLUNTEERS meeting the QB or RB in the backfield. We have some dudes coming in the 2020 class that play with bad intentions like Tennessee defenses we all remember. The D Line will also free up elite level LB's like Henry T to flow freely to make a play instead of having to shed an extra block or chip. If Q Crouch starts playing instinctive football next year our LB's will be fun to watch fly around the field as Wilson, Raynoch, Eddie Moore, Burnett, Mayo, Simon, and many other that I have not mentioned used to do. With the loss of Nigel, I am so excited to see our safety play. Tank McCollough will be a force and if Flowers gets healthy and continues to improve, I expect a lot of big time plays and momentum changing hits to occur in EVERY game next year. I have full faith in Bryce Thompson's ability to lock down the #1 receiver on the opposing team and feel comfortable with Alontae or George covering the other wide out. Shamburger is my question mark. He did great things occasionally this year but found himself out of place more often then not. I think that the coaching staff has faith in Shamburger and hopefully the light turns on this year with him as well. In all, I am excited to watch this defense play next year. We have depth and we have a lot of guys with a savage mentality on the field. Pruitt is bringing in the type of kids that want to absolutely bury you on every play and has no fear of anyone they face. I would love anyone's feedback on my brief assesment. Everyone is excited about our O Line as I am too, but I am a defense loving fan. GO VOLS!

I posted this in another thread on Nov. 13:

"I predict we sweep our western division opponents, we win the eastern division games we have to win (SC, Vandy, KY, Mizzou) and we win one of the two others - either FL at home or GA on the road. That also means we will be in the hunt for the eastern division title. We may not win it, but we will be in the discussion late in the season.

I agree with OffTackleVol when he says he believes that Pruitt will never allow one of his teams to lose to an inferior team again. That was a lesson learned. A painful one for everyone to take, but an important lesson nonetheless. You can simply never take any game for granted.

If my prediction is accurate and we also beat the teams we are supposed to beat - Charlotte, Furman and Troy - then we have 10 wins. I'll say it now - 10 wins."

Reactions: Ratvol

VN Store

Back