Votes: 29 4.4%
  • 6-6

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Don't Even Go There

Votes: 16 2.4%

• Total voters

MontyPython

Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Predict the Vols win/loss record for the 2020 regular season.

2020 TENNESSEE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
  • Sept. 5 — Charlotte
  • Sept. 12 — at Oklahoma
  • Sept. 19 — Furman
  • Sept. 26 — Florida
  • Oct. 3 — Missouri
  • Oct. 10 — at South Carolina
  • Oct. 24 — Alabama
  • Oct. 31 — at Arkansas
  • Nov. 7 – Kentucky
  • Nov. 14 — at Georgia
  • Nov. 21 — Troy
  • Nov. 28 — at Vanderbilt

• Sept. 5 — Charlotte W
  • Sept. 12 — at Oklahoma W
  • Sept. 19 — Furman W
  • Sept. 26 — Florida L
  • Oct. 3 — Missouri W
  • Oct. 10 — at South Carolina W
  • Oct. 24 — Alabama L
  • Oct. 31 — at Arkansas W
  • Nov. 7 – Kentucky W
  • Nov. 14 — at Georgia L
  • Nov. 21 — Troy W
  • Nov. 28 — at Vanderbilt W
2020 Tennessee 9-3 and 5-3 in the SEC and tied for 1st place in the SEC East

2021 Outback Bowl: Tennessee vs Iowa

8-4

Losses to OU, Florida, Bama, and Georgia (toss up at this point - but its a road game and Jauan "Hail Mary" Jennings is gone)

Reactions: ScottyP5
I voted 9-3. I think we win one of BAMA>FL>GA>OK and take care of business with the rest.
Right now, I if I had to guess I would say we beat either OK or GA out of those 4 listed above.

Play at QB will be the difference between 9-3 and 8-4. I’d love to say 10-2 but I’m still hesitant on the QB spot and I’m not convinced UGA will plummet yet
I am trying to remember who has won a National Championship with out an outstanding QB. I know that a QB can not win without the support of a complete team on both sides of the ball. Alabama missed out this year because they lost their QB. Georgia did not win becuse the play of their QB fell way off. Oklahoma had less than outstanding QB play but also had problems with their defense. Their lack of defense wa the primary problem with their team ability to win the big one.

I think Alabama will not win it in 2020 because of two reasons; QB and defense. Georgia will not win it because of their offensive line and inexperience at QB. LSU will likely have the same problem which prevented they from winnig the big one for years but will likely let them win it all this year, the QB. I say all this because I think we will be in position the compete for all the marbles in 2021 and e willl be there because we will have the QB who can lead us there in 2021. Our offense and defense should be good enough to allow this to happen. JMHO.

I am trying to remember who has won a National Championship with out an outstanding QB. I know that a QB can not win without the support of a complete team on both sides of the ball. Alabama missed out this year because they lost their QB. Georgia did not win becuse the play of their QB fell way off. Oklahoma had less than outstanding QB play but also had problems with their defense. Their lack of defense wa the primary problem with their team ability to win the big one.

I think Alabama will not win it in 2020 because of two reasons; QB and defense. Georgia will not win it because of their offensive line and inexperience at QB. LSU will likely have the same problem which prevented they from winnig the big one for years but will likely let them win it all this year, the QB. I say all this because I think we will be in position the compete for all the marbles in 2021 and e willl be there because we will have the QB who can lead us there in 2021. Our offense and defense should be good enough to allow this to happen. JMHO.
Read your post wrong. I don’t think you need an amazing QB but a game manager at least who is respected by opposing defenses. I’m not sure JG is even that honestly

Jason White comes to mind or was that just a Heisman and not a NC?

It’s just hard to tell what to expect from everyone else right now. I’m still worried about our DL.

Our DL is one of the last things to worry about imo. We’re losing Taylor, but everyone contributed this season and I don’t see much of a dropoff happening. As far W/L prediction, I think we take a big leap to 10-2. We beat Oklahoma and one of Bama, Georgia, Florida.

Reactions: jlawso21 and KBVol
Season will be determined by Sept. 26. Can Tennessee beat Florida and Oklahoma. If they get a win in these games it would become interesting. just pray that newcomer Bailey is the real deal. Otherwise, Tennessee ground hog year.. lose to big time opponents Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Oklahoma. The other SEC bottom feeders should lose to Tennessee.... If they go 8 and 4, for me the thrill is gone again and will wait for basketball's new comers 2020...

Reactions: jlawso21 and 08Vol
Our DL is one of the last things to worry about imo. We’re losing Taylor, but everyone contributed this season and I don’t see much of a dropoff happening.
The DL wasn’t anything special this past season. Every great team has a great DL it’s the most important spot on defense

Reactions: 08Vol
Season will be determined by Sept. 26. Can Tennessee beat Florida and Oklahoma. If they get a win in these games it would become interesting. just pray that newcomer Bailey is the real deal. Otherwise, Tennessee ground hog year.. lose to big time opponents Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Oklahoma. The other SEC bottom feeders should lose to Tennessee.... If they go 8 and 4, for me the thrill is gone again and will wait for basketball's new comers 2020...
I’m optimistic about the OU game actually

VN Store

Back