2020 Team

The defense will be flat out stout next year. Crouch/Harrison will take over for Taylor and they should find someone to replace Warrior. The big question is Bituli. They got to find another sideline to sideline LB. Henry T will take over the play calls probably.

Wide Receiver isn’t as scary as some people think. Gibbs will be the slot guy and reports I’ve read are super positive. We know he’s got the athletic ability.

People forget Brandon Johnson was our best WR in 2017. Let’s see if he can find his niche. Keyton has good ball skills, he should also be able to help.

JG in year 2 of Chaney’s system will be good. Not worried there.

Offensive line I think can be nasty. Need to replace Trey but I’m excited about Morris/Wright/Carvin next year. Maybe we could get a grad senior guard? That’d be nice.

I think 10-2 is the absolute ceiling. Facing Oklahoma and Georgia on the road is really tough. Those are losses. Florida at home I think will be a pick em. Alabama at home...isn’t daunting for once. They lose A LOT on offense.

Missouri will have a new coach and it’s at home. Arkansas will have a new coach and they are the least talent team in the league. South Carolina will be the “trap game” so to speak but I feel good about that. Vandy sucks.

8-4 is the minimum. 9-3 will be a good season. 10-2 and Tennessee is back.

I think 9-3 to 10-2 if we get the breaks and stay away from injuries.
I wouldn't be so quick to write OK off as a loss next year.....especially if Smith comes back and Kennedy gets a 6th year...

UGA on the road will be the toughest game by far.....they return a lot of very good players....esp. if Fromm returns....

I think FL and BAMA will be toss-ups....Neyland should be alive and a factor in those games....

We'll need to get much better play from the Safeties on Defense....
I think Henry T. is the next coming of Al Wilson for us.....

Next year's D could turn out to be a very good unit....

GO VOLS!

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Don’t think Petersen starts. May see Bennett and Harrison both as starters.

Thanks for compiling this. Pruitt has done some strategic redshirting of upper classsmen to cover depth problems from transfers. You never know when someone like Fils-Amie might fill a strategic need due to injury. The need always exists for an abundance of defensive linemen. Majors and Fulmer would switch some DL guys to offense if they were a step slow. I have been surprised as to how the DL has gotten steadily better this season and built solid depth. Jeremy Banks will be a key player on defense after returning from exile. I assume he would be a RS Sophomore. Does Ollie Lane have a chance to contribute? I hear that name and think of Laurel and Hardy.

Can’t wait to see it all shakes out. Have to keep building depth in the trenches and at linebacker for next year.

I don't see us carrying 5 scholarship QBs on next year's roster. Someone leaves or gets advice from the staff they'd be better off seeking playing time elsewhere. I realize our OL has adaptability and will have to with only 4 listed at OT position. Pruitt has a background as a high school coach. The unwritten rule there is if you have to make cuts, you cut seniors and if necessary juniors that can't start at a position. Hopefully after watching Waddle play for the Gumps, can we get a player that can kickoff through the back of the end zone consistently? I watch high school teams do it, yet we get guys returning kickoffs on us. I'd like to see that ended.
I guess it's a good thing we will only have 4 of them then.

Besides Palmer...

Callaway and Jennings leave an huge hole at WR

Anybody or the 2020 roster than can give Palmer some help???

I never count on any recruit-until they show up for their first team-meeting. It seems like every year a recruit or two (most programs the same) changes their mind, and go some where else. Of course, we can pick up a good recruit by having one from another school change their minds, it seems like music recruits until game one.

I'd love to see a comparison team on team for the 2020 season, and how we should fair for the first 3 games. There are some really sharp posters on this board that may have a break down system of their own, that they understand, and gives them some really good long range predictions. I for one, am a little concerned about game #2, playing in Norman is no joke.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I find your lack of faith in Jim Chaney disturbing.
If Grays coming out party was Vandy and the oline keeps getting better our ground game should be decent. What I'm worried about is the two biggest WR playmakers are gone. We have Palmer left and without looking at the roster I cant name another wide out. If we dont have guys able to fight for those high thrown balls or get used after the catch its gonna be bad. Hope I'm wrong though

I'd love to see a comparison team on team for the 2020 season, and how we should fair for the first 3 games. There are some really sharp posters on this board that may have a break down system of their own, that they understand, and gives them some really good long range predictions. I for one, am a little concerned about game #2, playing in Norman is no joke.
2-1 going into Florida unless we get another dose of that Pruitt not game planning for small schools crap again.

Reactions: I40flyer
Not the word choice I would have used...
The defense does look strong and appears to be the strength of the 2020 team thus far.
A former coworker and myself, were discussing our favorite sporting good stores at work, he is partial to Dicks sporting goods. At the same time three customers walk through our door, he blurts out, “I love me some dicks”, the look on their faces was priceless!
🤪
GBO!!

Here's how I think the SEC will go in 2020

SEC East

1) Georgia 10-2 and 6-2 in the SEC
2) Florida 9-3 and 5-3 in the SEC
2) Tennessee 9-3 and 5-3 in the SEC
4) Kentucky 7-5 and 3-5 in the SEC
5) South Carolina 5-7 and 2-6 in the SEC
5) Missouri 5-7 and 2-6 in the SEC
6) Vanderbilt 1-11 and 0-8 in the SEC

SEC West

1) LSU 12-0 and 8-0 in the SEC
2) Alabama 11-1 and 7-1 in the SEC
3) Auburn 10-2 and 6-2 in the SEC
4) Texas A&M 9-3 and 5-3 in the SEC
5) Mississippi State 8-4 and 4-4 in the SEC
6) Ole Miss 5-7 and 2-6 in the SEC
7) Arkansas 3-9 and 0-8 in the SEC

SECCG: LSU beats Georgia for the 2nd straight season

If people thought the offense was anemic this year it's probably going to be worse in 2020.
Absolutely no chance. I don't care who is playing quarterback, running the ball, or catching it. The offensive line will be very strong and that is all you need. We have plenty of talent at skill positions if the line play is good. Go position by position and compare this year’s Georgia team with ours and we are line play away from looking remarkably similar Both defensively and offensively we will be strong up front and that wins, see Alabubba the past decade.

VN Store

Back