2020 Target List

It’s great that we gotta question whether or not we would take a top 100 player.. in personally believe we will be better than expected this season and will be at every home game section 331A! If we can weather this storm in 19-20 the 20-21 season is gonna be sooooooo nuts! And then let’s keep it rolling baby! Go vols!

How great is it that we are recruiting so well that we let go of a relatively local top 75 recruit. Other than UF, it doesn’t appear any other high level schools are recruiting him.
I guess that was what I immediately noticed, too. Not really a Who's Who of D1 powers in that top 5. It makes you wonder. It is definitely nice that we can afford to be this selective, though.

I guess that was what I immediately noticed, too. Not really a Who's Who of D1 powers in that top 5. It makes you wonder. It is definitely nice that we can afford to be this selective, though.
Pretty comparable to a guy like PJ Hall’s Top 5, Ruzhentsev is a Top 75 type guy, that’s about the offer list I’d expect. He didn’t do himself any favors missing a lot of AAU this year with an injury, still though I’m sure if he held off until spring you’d see more offers roll in.

So it sounds like...

#4 Paolo Banchero**-OV scheduled
#12 Jaden Springer-OV scheduled
#16 Cam Hayes***-OV scheduled
#17 Keon Johnson-UT COMMIT-OV scheduled
#24 Corey Walker Jr.-UT COMMIT-OV scheduled

#67 PJ Hall-OV scheduled
#115 Dylan Cardwell-OV scheduled
NR Bradley Ezewiro

**currently in 2021 class but expected to reclassify to 2020

So it sounds like...

#4 Paolo Banchero**-OV scheduled
#12 Jaden Springer-OV scheduled
#16 Cam Hayes***-OV scheduled
#17 Keon Johnson-UT COMMIT-OV scheduled
#24 Corey Walker Jr.-UT COMMIT-OV scheduled

#67 PJ Hall-OV scheduled
#115 Dylan Cardwell-OV scheduled
NR Bradley Ezewiro

**currently in 2021 class but expected to reclassify to 2020
Fishing in a completely different lake now than we have ever been in.

Pretty comparable to a guy like PJ Hall’s Top 5, Ruzhentsev is a Top 75 type guy, that’s about the offer list I’d expect. He didn’t do himself any favors missing a lot of AAU this year with an injury, still though I’m sure if he held off until spring you’d see more offers roll in.
No, I definitely agree. His issues may be health related, lack of exposure, etc., which may have led to lower interest levels. The offer list is comparable to Hall’s. I feel like people may question Hall’s athleticism a bit. Like you said, if both were available in the spring, they’d likely have many more options.

Basketball recruiting won’t really heat up again until prospects start taking visits when fall gets underway but Tennessee got some huge news this week with 5-star 2021 prospect Paolo Banchero announcing that the Vols will get one the five official visits he plans to take as a junior. This development illustrates the increasing reach of Tennessee and Rick Barnes on the recruiting trail as much as anything we’ve seen under Rick Barnes. Banchero is from Seattle, more than 2,500 miles from Knoxville, has no real ties to the staff or the school and is currently rated the No. 4 prospect in his class.
The fact that Tennessee’s profile has risen to the point where they can get a player like that on campus for a visit is simply remarkable when you think back to where they were even two years ago. Banchero is going to be in the argument to be the No. 1 player in the nation in 2021. His other proposed visits are to Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina and Gonzaga. In short, Tennessee has put itself in position that the Vols are swinging with some heavy hitters. It goes without saying given that list of competitors will make landing him a tough chore, but tip of the cap to Barnes and new assistant coach Kim English who has done some heavy lifting to get Tennessee in the conversation. There have been some rumblings that Banchero could reclassify into 2020 but national analyst Corey Evans’ latest update on him this week suggests that he’s currently planning on staying in 2021.
-VQ

Memphis seemed to slow play him, gambling a hometown kid would still want to go there and were dead wrong. Shocked UT didn't make the final 5, tho. Imo, probably just means Springer is a lock and UT didn't need him or have room
Not really all that shocked about the Vols not making it. UT hasn't really been pushing for him for a while it seems.

VN Store

Back