2020 Target List

I hope Pember and Gaines blow it up and make me eat my words but this is my criticism of Barnes. I think those two were a reach for us and if we had that scholarship now we could use it on some like Rusentsev or another 2020 prospect that we do t have to develop for 3 years. I like what Barnes is doing but looking back I wish we still had one of their scholarships. I know hindsight is 20/20.
Or, maybe Gaines and Pember will develop into the next Admiral and Grant.

I hope Pember and Gaines blow it up and make me eat my words but this is my criticism of Barnes. I think those two were a reach for us and if we had that scholarship now we could use it on some like Rusentsev or another 2020 prospect that we do t have to develop for 3 years. I like what Barnes is doing but looking back I wish we still had one of their scholarships. I know hindsight is 20/20.

So is next year.

You'd think that with a backcourt of Bailey, K Johnson, and most likely JJ James that an elite big would jump at the opportunity to get NBA ready at TN. Unless they're afraid of not getting many minutes with ORN, Plavsic, Kent, Fulk, and possibly Pons taking them... which shouldn't be a big deal to an elite post player.

Rob Lewis when asked what are our PF/C options for 2020 class besides PJ Hall? Haven't heard any names besides his. More likely to go grad transfer route should we not land him?
Dylan Cardwell is on the board but I think more of a plan B right now. They are trying to make a run at five star Pablo Banchero, but he's a west coast kid from Seattle and I'm not sure how much traction they have there.

have been putting this together over the past couple months and didn’t plan to post until next spring but given the rule changes allowing juniors to now OV and the fact Tennessee seems done for the 2019 (at least for now) figured I would go ahead with it.

These are the guys currently with offers, as things stand right now Tennessee see will have room to sign at least 4 (Open spot, Turner and Bowden). All rankings are per Rivals, if no Rivals ranking then will use 247 national ranking indicated by *...

#7 Greg Brown
#12 Jaden Springer
#15 Sharife Cooper
#16 Jalen Suggs
#18 Bryce Thompson
#19 Walker Kessler
#24 Corey Walker Jr.-UT COMMIT
#25 Josh Hall
#32 Caleb Love
#34 Keon Johnson-UT COMMIT
#36 Micah Peavy
#46 Matthew Murrell
#60 Jayden Stone
#66 PJ Hall
#72 Samson Ruzhentsev
#109 Keon Ambrose-Hylton
#114 Dylan Cardwell
#140 Akeem Odusipe

NR Bradley Ezewiro
NR Elijah Taylor
NE Norrance Berry
NR Jordan Wilmore
Updated rankings...

#7 Greg Brown
#12 Jaden Springer
#15 Sharife Cooper
#16 Jalen Suggs
#17 Keon Johnson-UT COMMIT
#18 Bryce Thompson
#19 Walker Kessler
#25 Josh Hall
#32 Caleb Love
#36 Micah Peavy
#46 Matthew Murrell
#61 Jayden Stone
#67 PJ Hall
#73 Samson Ruzhentsev
#110 Keon Ambrose-Hylton
#115 Dylan Cardwell
#142 Akeem Odusipe

NR Bradley Ezewiro
NR Elijah Taylor
NE Norrance Berry
NR Jordan Wilmore

Updated rankings...

#7 Greg Brown
#12 Jaden Springer
#15 Sharife Cooper
#16 Jalen Suggs
#18 Bryce Thompson
#19 Walker Kessler
#25 Josh Hall
#32 Caleb Love
#36 Micah Peavy
#46 Matthew Murrell
#61 Jayden Stone
#67 PJ Hall
#73 Samson Ruzhentsev
#110 Keon Ambrose-Hylton
#115 Dylan Cardwell
#142 Akeem Odusipe

NR Bradley Ezewiro
NR Elijah Taylor
NE Norrance Berry
NR Jordan Wilmore
Boom ! Two 5 stars

Updated rankings...

#7 Greg Brown
#12 Jaden Springer
#15 Sharife Cooper
#16 Jalen Suggs
#18 Bryce Thompson
#19 Walker Kessler
#25 Josh Hall
#32 Caleb Love
#36 Micah Peavy
#46 Matthew Murrell
#61 Jayden Stone
#67 PJ Hall
#73 Samson Ruzhentsev
#110 Keon Ambrose-Hylton
#115 Dylan Cardwell
#142 Akeem Odusipe

NR Bradley Ezewiro
NR Elijah Taylor
NE Norrance Berry
NR Jordan Wilmore
Which also puts our class at #2 behind Duke and ahead of UK 😳
2020 Team Rankings

What happened with us and Kessler? It seemed like we were in the thick of that one back in the spring when he was thinking about re-classifying. But then he decided to stay in the 2020 class, and we just fell off the map.

What happened with us and Kessler? It seemed like we were in the thick of that one back in the spring when he was thinking about re-classifying. But then he decided to stay in the 2020 class, and we just fell off the map.
Seems like he was considering us when we were an option to reclassify, he was supposed to make it up for an OV about 3 or 4 different times and never did come...at that point he opted not to reclassify and I think the staff probably felt like they’d “wasted” enough time on a guy that obviously wasn’t too interested in Tennessee.

Reactions: highspeed
Seems like he was considering us when we were an option to reclassify, he was supposed to make it up for an OV about 3 or 4 different times and never did come...at that point he opted not to reclassify and I think the staff probably felt like they’d “wasted” enough time on a guy that obviously wasn’t too interested in Tennessee.
This

Rob Lewis when asked Besides Springer are their any potential surprises in the way of basketball recruiting? What’s the most exciting aspect of both Walker Jr and Johnson’s games? fwiw
I don't think there's going to be a surprise, but if Tennessee misses on Hall or Springer you could see them make a late run at some new names. This staff has had as defined of a board as I've probably ever seen with this 2020 class going back to last winter. That's a reflection of all the early work they did with these guys. Walker is a good athlete but what stands out about him is how fundamentally sound he is for such a young player on offense. Really good footwork, really understands angles and how to create space for himself. Good shotmaker in the midrange and really improved his perimeter stroke as a junior. Johnson is a freak athlete with a high, high motor. When his skill level catches up to his athleticism, and I think it will because of the work he puts in, he'll have a chance to be special.

I know u love his game, bTo. But do we have any chance ? Would UT even take his commitment right now ?
I don’t think so, unfortunately. Hopefully he includes us and we can schedule an OV for as late as possible, if we miss on some guys he’s be a great fallback.

VN Store

Back