2020 Target List

Keon is very close to his family, especially his grandfather. For his junior project he fixed up his grandfather's fishing boat, "pimped" his float if you will. The reason vandy is still in the picture is to stay close to home, close to his family. This is according to my son so tifwiw. My guess is Keon doesn't know where he's going yet.

This is why Virginia isn't the likely choice

Any word on Quez Glover at Bearden? What are the chances he goes the Bowden route and ends up at UT??
We are in a much different class of player right now. He seems like a good local prospect but the players we are in on for '19, '20 and '21 class are so much better than Glover. No offense to the kid.

This is why Virginia isn't the likely choice
I don't have any real inside information but I know Tony Bennett made the trip to Bell Buckle at least once this season to see Webb play. Getting to Bell Buckle is not easy. For this reason, their academic reputation and recent success, I think Virginia is a player here.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I don't have any real inside information but I know Tony Bennett made the trip to Bell Buckle at least once this season to see Webb play. Getting to Bell Buckle is not easy. For this reason, their academic reputation and recent success, I think Virginia is a player here.

Yes that are a player because of those things.
Distance is the reason why they likely don't win this imo

We are in a much different class of player right now. He seems like a good local prospect but the players we are in on for '19, '20 and '21 class are so much better than Glover. No offense to the kid.

I would argue that, while we are indeed currently in play for much higher ranked kids, getting local kids like Glover and Pember adds some grit and leads to the team chemistry that Barnes seems to like to coach.

In addition, I've seen a few games with Glover on the same floor with Josiah and Springer and would argue that he more than holds his own.

I do wonder if someone like Ruzhentsev goes ahead and commits, or someone else that fills that 2/3 role, if Keon Johnson will still have an offer. Seems unlikely we would turn someone like him away but there are just so many spots out there.

When and where did he say he eliminated Auburn? You just saying it doesn't mean it has happened. He's been to Auburn unofficially more than he's been to the other schools combined I believe.

Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Virginia are currently the frontrunners in the recruitment of 2020 top 30 ranked prospect Keon Johnson according to his travel team coach Mark Griffin.

Johnson officially visited all three schools earlier this fall.

Florida and Ole Miss are also in contention, but Auburn has been dropped from Johnson's list.

Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Virginia strong with Keon Johnson

I do wonder if someone like Ruzhentsev goes ahead and commits, or someone else that fills that 2/3 role, if Keon Johnson will still have an offer. Seems unlikely we would turn someone like him away but there are just so many spots out there.
I think it's a 1st to commit type deal. Some of these guys are probably holding out as long as they can to see what Duke, Kentucky and N Carolina are going to do with their 20' class.

This is the same company that just recently rated a football player that didn't exist a 3 star. Them quoting a travel coach as well. Thanks for the link but I'm gonna go with what the kid himself told me a couple of weeks ago.

Um no they didn't, that was rivals that ranked a kid a 3 star and that is a 247 article. Keep trying though, you are great at being wrong apparently

Reactions: Manning Up
This is the same company that just recently rated a football player that didn't exist a 3 star. Them quoting a travel coach as well. Thanks for the link but I'm gonna go with what the kid himself told me a couple of weeks ago.

The travel coach is one of the most influential people close to him. I can assure you he knows exactly what's going on

Oh and he's a VFL

Once you're presented with facts that you asked for, you decide that's not good enough. No reason for anyone to debate you on this, going to be like a brick wall.

Reactions: Manning Up
When and where did he say he eliminated Auburn? You just saying it doesn't mean it has happened. He's been to Auburn unofficially more than he's been to the other schools combined I believe.
On Twitter, and he’s been to UT close to 10 times, unless he’s making secret trips to Auburn you are badly mistaken. Like I said, the kid eliminated them, then took OV’s to multiple schools (none of which were Auburn), say what you want but he ain’t going there, nor is he seriously considering them.

On Twitter, and he’s been to UT close to 10 times, unless he’s making secret trips to Auburn you are badly mistaken. Like I said, the kid eliminated them, then took OV’s to multiple schools (none of which were Auburn), say what you want but he ain’t going there, nor is he seriously considering them.

Had no idea he's been here almost 10 times. Man that sounds really, really good for us

Since Corey Walker is already in for 2020. I'm predicting Springer and Hall as locks to join him. The 4th and final (as of right now) spot will be between Cone, Keon Johnson and the guy I want Keon Ambrose-Hylton. KA-H has point guard skills at 6'8. KA-H is not as highly rated as the other guys right now, but I love his game. Of course, these predictions are based on Walker Kessler reclassifying to '19 and hopefully committing to the Vols and Barnes. If he doesn't reclassify throw him in with the final 3 and take Hall (imo, Vols take either Kessler or Hall and probably not both in '20) off the lock prediction. Cone would probably be the biggest need, considering he is a true PG. I know nothing, just my educated guess, as of right now

VN Store

Back