2020 Spring Position Preview: Tight End

As a life long health enthusiast, (my brother and I are 53 and 54 respectively, and have managed health stores, been certified personal trainers before I got into Cyber Security), I keep myself healthy, but my brother, at 54, looks like an f'n rock. We have never taken roids because we are all natural. (and I have a security clearance) (Protein shakes and vitamins) and we are not big guys, but always in super shape. I can't keep up with him in the gym and we have the same body types. Took me years to be ok with it. A players body may not respond, but understand that it doesn't take 3 years to figure this out. There are 3 body types. Endomorph, Ectomorph, and Mesomorph. This is basic info for anyone in the business and it gives trainers the understanding of how you have to train each one different. I would imagine that Fitz and Co have plenty of experience in this and would direct each program (food/lifting/cardio) to best support the body style of each player. So there is something going on with this kid outside of Fitz and S&C. Maybe he has health issues (reoccurring injuries, underlying health issues, which can be as small as a front or rear delt (shoulder), that can completely change the way you have to train, to a problem you don't understand). And until we do, I'm not gonna throw anyone under the bus. Especially, what seems to be our best S&C staff in a while. Go Vols 2020!

Somatotypes are completely bunk. These terms were developed to determine the personality types of swimmers in the 1940s and have nothing to do with determining nutrition and training. This is a myth.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back