2020 Spring Position Preview: Defensive Line

Gooden? He’s not a linebacker. If he’s healthy he’ll play plenty of snaps. If Middleton is available, he’s not a sure fire starter. 1st line, all things being equal should be Middleton and Solomon on the ends and Emerson at nose. Gooden can easily back up all 3 spots. Butler was our best statistical DL at the end of the season and Bumphus is up there.
You’re reading it wrong bud. I was talking about needing gooden back upfront because he can help clog holes for our weak LB core to make tackles (minus Henry)

Reactions: VOLinPD
You’re reading it wrong bud. I was talking about needing gooden back upfront because he can help clog holes for our weak LB core to make tackles (minus Henry)
Like the guys last year? He’ll play, but the line isn’t missing anything that he brings.

Why does he “deserve” it? Performance was vastly superior without him last season. And everyone’s back...cept maybe Middleton.
He was our only foundational piece upfront heading into last season imo...derailed by injury

He was our only foundational piece upfront heading into last season imo...derailed by injury
“Heading into last season”...that’s been covered. He stood out on a bad defensive squad. Last year’s DL delivered the best run defense since the Fulmer era. He’ll help but he’s not saving anything.

“Heading into last season”...that’s been covered. He stood out on a bad defensive squad. Last year’s DL delivered the best run defense since the Fulmer era. He’ll help but he’s not saving anything.
I don’t disagree and never said he was saving anything.. just think he’s going to be influential.

Reactions: bigvol67
Yes he did.
He played in only 4 games last year by design.

Also Savion Williams is a Junior (RS)

I saw on your LBs outlook where you had Aaron Beasley as a Sophomore. He is a RS Freshman.

Mincey played 9 games last year; no redshirt.

I don't think I gave an LB outlook; you may be confusing me with another poster.

Reactions: LittleVol
Mincey played 9 games last year; no redshirt.

I don't think I gave an LB outlook; you may be confusing me with another poster.

Yeah. ESPN shows he logged a stat in only 4 games. UTSPORTS shows he appeared in 9.
You are correct sir

VN Store

Back