2020 roster showcases Pruitt's ability to think outside the box and win football games

Dee Beckwith’s high school head coach Will Hester and Rush Propst discuss how Tennessee's 2020 roster showcases Jeremy Pruitt's ability to think outside the box and win football games.

Vols' roster showcases Jeremy Pruitt's ability 'to think outside the box, win football games'

Great article.
And that is exactly how you use Dee Beckwith at the next level.

He's that type of player that can really demoralize a defense. He can win jump balls or run through you for a first down on 3rd and short.

Add to that a guy like Jalin Hyatt that will never allow a defense to stack the box.

It's been a while since ive beem this excited about UT Football.

Great article.
And that is exactly how you use Dee Beckwith at the next level.

He's that type of player that can really demoralize a defense. He can win jump balls or run through you for a first down on 3rd and short.

Add to that a guy like Jalin Hyatt that will never allow a defense to stack the box.

It's been a while since ive beem this excited about UT Football.
Yes but I wouldn't expect it to happen year 1

Bama plays freshman next to a team full of all Americans, we don't have that luxury. All I'm saying is be patient.

You're getting a lot of heat for no reason. Most freshmen aren't good enough to be effective their first season. Of course some but it's not an exact science.

@LittleVol is right about not having to be a starter to make an impact. Being serviceable and reliable go along way in the SEC.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
The kid is 6'5 235 lbs and runs a 4.5. If you think we currently have upper classmen on the roster with his size, speed and skill I've got some Tn oceanfront property to sell you. We don't currently have many if any on the team with Beckwith's skillset.
When the season starts and you don't hear anything from him please reach out to me

When the season starts and you don't hear anything from him please reach out to me
We'll see but I predict that he'll get around 30-35 touches if he's there and healthy all season. I understand how tough it is for a Fr in the SEC but this kid is a freak physically and those guys often find their way to playing time. We've never had a WR with his size and speed before so it's tough to predict what his production will be.

Reactions: LittleVol
Freshmen who are special athletes make impact in their first a lot around college football every year? Why would you assume that we “will not hear anything from him” in 2020.

Other than a crap RSSR QB who really can’t efficiently distribute the ball to anybody......although I’m hopeful one of the 3 younger QBs on the roster, all who are far more talented, will surpass him in quick order and all our talented skilled offensive players will immediately be much better and much more productive.

Reactions: LittleVol
I coached with Will(Hester) back in the day when he was first getting into coaching. You could tell then he was going to be a great football coach. Great coach and better person.
Coach Hester was my son's freshman coach (and wrestling coach) in high school, and Coach Hester still is his favorite coach. Great to see he lost a lot of weight, I was worried about that.

VN Store

Back