'20 2020 Recruiting class predictions (WAY TOO EARLY)

VOLUNTEERSZN

The Original #WRU
5⭐
SDE Myles Murphy
ATH Arik Gilbert (likely a TE)
OLB Reggie Grimes
QB Harrison Bailey (I think he gets his ⭐️ back after the Elite 11)

4⭐
OT Tate Ratledge
OT Bryn Tucker
DT Jacolbe Cowan
WR Porter Rooks (flip from NC State)
OT Mitchell Mayes (likely transition to LG or RG)
OLB Jordan Davis (JUCO)
CB Keshawn Lawrence
WR Mushin “Moose” Muhammad
SDE Tyler Baron
ILB Bryson Eason
APB Elijah Young
OL Omari Thomas (could play DT)
ILB Martavius French
RB Tee Hodge (thinking he’ll have a breakout senior season and get a 4th⭐️)
S Rashad Torrence (flip from Florida)
OC Cooper Mays (another guy I think will get his 4th ⭐️. He’ll add weight too)

3⭐
WR Michael Robertson
SDE Jay Hardy (He’ll gain weight and transition to a DT)
CB D’Arre McDonald
CB Yukari Blanchard (could play Nickel Safety)
WR Kobe Stewart
QB Navy Shuler

2⭐
LS Will Albright

This would likely be good enough for top 5, maybe even top 3. I think Antiono Barber will eventually flip to South Carolina. Myles Murphy isn’t listed as a top target for us on 247 but he should be. I think McCollough helps us wrap that one up. I feel more confident in our chances in Grimes than I did a few weeks ago after seeing To’oto’o come here. IMO we’ll take a lot of guys from Marietta to leave no doubt on Baileys commitment and take over our own state, along with North Carolina. I don’t see the Memphis OL being as big of a priority as people make them to be as Ratledge/Mayes/Tucker/Mays is a better group than Thomas/Morris/Henderson/Curry but we could still take one of them. We’re not gonna go as heavy on secondary this time around because we took care of a lot of that this cycle, but Keshawn Lawrence is a priority. Expect us to sign a ton of WRs in this class since we have 4 leaving for graduation after 19. We could likely sign as many as 5. I see Tyler Baron as being the “Wanya” of this class and doing a lot of peer recruiting over the next 12 months. He’s bound to commit anytime now. As far as JUCO is concerned i only see us making Davis a priority (unless George Pickens ends up down there 😉). And we’ll close it off by giving Heaths son a scholarship.

Last edited:
Justin Rogers is a realistic target. His teammate Enzo Jennings, maybe. Also if we get at least 2 of 4 out of Thomas, Henderson, Morris, and Ray Curry, then I think we'll be in good shape. Yukari Blanchard could be a take if it looks like this class is thin on DBs. Keep an eye on Jo'Quavious Marks, RB from Atlanta.

5⭐
DE Myles Murphy
OLB Reggie Grimes

4⭐
OT Tate Ratledge
OT Bryn Tucker
DT Jacolbe Cowan
OL Mitchell Mayes
OLB Jordan Davis (JUCO)
CB Keshawn Lawrence
DE Tyler Baron
ILB Bryson Eason
WR/APB Elijah Young
OL Omari Thomas
ILB Martavius French

3⭐
DL Jay Hardy
CB D’Arre McDonald
WR Kobe Stewart
DB Maleik Faust
QB Navy Shuler

2⭐
LS Will Albright

This would likely be good enough for top 5, maybe even top 3. I think Antiono Barber will eventually flip to South Carolina. Myles Murphy isn’t listed as a top target for us on 247 but he should be. I think McCollough helps us wrap that one up. I feel more confident in our chances in Grimes than I did a few weeks ago after seeing To’oto’o come here. IMO we’ll take a lot of guys from Marietta to leave no doubt on Baileys commitment and take over our own state, along with North Carolina. I don’t see the Memphis OL being as big of a priority as people make them to be as Ratledge/Mayes/Tucker/Mays is a better group than Thomas/Morris/Henderson/Curry but we could still take one of them. We’re not gonna go as heavy on secondary this time around because we took care of a lot of that this cycle, but Keshawn Lawrence is a priority. I see Tyler Baron as being the “Wanya” of this class and doing a lot of peer recruiting over the next 12 months. He’s bound to commit anytime now. As far as JUCO is concerned i only see us making Davis a priority (unless George Pickens ends up down there 😉). And we’ll close it off by giving Heaths son a scholarship.
Little short on DTs would like to add 3 for 2020 if we can swing it

I think we go heavier on DE and DT in 2020 ... and if 1 or 2 dont work out they can slide over to OL .. the OL I see that Ratledge kid and maybe 1 more from that group and then a couple of the Memphis kids .. but will be tougher to get the 4 and 5 Star OL in 2020 .. considering this years haul ... but not that impressed with Mayes and Tucker from KC at this time but maybe when they are Jr's they get a shot .. but not early contibutors ...

Reactions: TrueVolsGBOInsider
5⭐
DE Myles Murphy
OLB Reggie Grimes

4⭐
OT Tate Ratledge
OT Bryn Tucker
DT Jacolbe Cowan
OL Mitchell Mayes
OLB Jordan Davis (JUCO)
CB Keshawn Lawrence
DE Tyler Baron
ILB Bryson Eason
WR/APB Elijah Young
OL Omari Thomas
ILB Martavius French

3⭐
DL Jay Hardy
CB D’Arre McDonald
WR Kobe Stewart
DB Maleik Faust
QB Navy Shuler

2⭐
LS Will Albright

This would likely be good enough for top 5, maybe even top 3. I think Antiono Barber will eventually flip to South Carolina. Myles Murphy isn’t listed as a top target for us on 247 but he should be. I think McCollough helps us wrap that one up. I feel more confident in our chances in Grimes than I did a few weeks ago after seeing To’oto’o come here. IMO we’ll take a lot of guys from Marietta to leave no doubt on Baileys commitment and take over our own state, along with North Carolina. I don’t see the Memphis OL being as big of a priority as people make them to be as Ratledge/Mayes/Tucker/Mays is a better group than Thomas/Morris/Henderson/Curry but we could still take one of them. We’re not gonna go as heavy on secondary this time around because we took care of a lot of that this cycle, but Keshawn Lawrence is a priority. I see Tyler Baron as being the “Wanya” of this class and doing a lot of peer recruiting over the next 12 months. He’s bound to commit anytime now. As far as JUCO is concerned i only see us making Davis a priority (unless George Pickens ends up down there 😉). And we’ll close it off by giving Heaths son a scholarship.
I will have to disagree with this part " Ratledge/Mayes/Tucker/Mays is a better group than Thomas/Morris/Henderson/Curry "

Little short on DTs would like to add 3 for 2020 if we can swing it

It's going to be nice to be able to put together a balanced class instead of needing to load up at a position due to extreme need.

RB will be a focus and we will add at least 2 solid RB's. DT and Rush DE/OLB will be additional focus. Can never have enough OL/DL.

Wake up "Merica!

That's a #1 in the nation class... not "probably top 5" lol

It's got everybody I want other than Evans (who will admittedly be a very tough pull)

.... definitely WAY too early to map a whole class out... I'd wager >50% of this prediction doesn't happen... but hell yea I'd take that class :cool:

The only way we come close to signing a class that good would be for us to win the east and possibly the SEC. and that’s not gonna happen. I think we make it into the top 10. Probably 7-9.

The only way we come close to signing a class that good would be for us to win the east and possibly the SEC. and that’s not gonna happen. I think we make it into the top 10. Probably 7-9.

You could also have said the same thing with the pickup of CDA. If recruits feel this train is heading the right direction and the buzz is strong for peer recruiting, we could pick up a top 5 or top 3 class with 8 or 9 regular season wins.

If we whip some serious butt next year, say we beat everybody but Bama, win the SEC Championship, and go to the CFB play-off I could see this happening. Otherwise it's a tall order. If we can just get some improvement, say 7-5 or even 8-4, we should be able to get another class comparable or a little better than this year. Barring the miracle scenario though I don't see this kind of Bama-esqe haul occurring. Some of you guys are like an OC who just throws deep twice if he finds himself in 2nd and 17 and has to punt, trying to get it all back on one play. Steady play, improvement, rebuild the lines, that'll get us back, but I'm not expecting instant mega-elite recruiting/play in 2019 or 20.

If we whip some serious butt next year, say we beat everybody but Bama, win the SEC Championship, and go to the CFB play-off I could see this happening. Otherwise it's a tall order. If we can just get some improvement, say 7-5 or even 8-4, we should be able to get another class comparable or a little better than this year. Barring the miracle scenario though I don't see this kind of Bama-esqe haul occurring. Some of you guys are like an OC who just throws deep twice if he finds himself in 2nd and 17 and has to punt, trying to get it all back on one play. Steady play, improvement, rebuild the lines, that'll get us back, but I'm not expecting instant mega-elite recruiting/play in 2019 or 20.

This is a completely logical take, but I feel there’s something special happening here. This last 6 weeks in Volnation bears witness to this...

No thank you on Cowan out of N.C.. Overrated, attitude and low motor.

Last edited:
Add Desmond Evans, Wyman, Bigs-Jones, Jhari Patterson to go with Mayes. Rooks as well. Those are kids we need to get some of from N.C. in ‘20

I
This is a completely logical take, but I feel there’s something special happening here. This last 6 weeks in Volnation bears witness to this...
I agree things are moving in the right direction without a doubt. We gotta keep putting the coal in the fire though.

Reactions: UTMVol76
Add Desmond Evans, Wyman, Bigs-Jones, Jhari Patterson to go with Mayes. Rooks as well. Those are kids we need to get some of from N.C. in ‘20
I don’t know for the life of me what made Rooks want to commit to NC State. Especially this early when other big schools were after him. Regardless, I see it being an easy flip.

Need to sign about 5-7 more DT's. Just need more beef on the DL.

Like the OT's you listed. More RB's please and WR's.

Reactions: ChattaTNVol
Going through 247 looking at the DT prospects. Almost looks like we need to pickup 7 OL on our list and covert 2-3 to DL.

This year’s OL depth is ridiculous BTW

VN Store

Back