3⭐
CB Lovie Jenkins
RB Tee Hodge
ATH Jimmy Calloway
ATH Darion Williamson
G Javontez Spraggins
G James Robinson

2⭐️ LS Will Albright

SILENTS (I think it’s common knowledge these 4 are gonna be in the class)
4⭐️ DE Jay Hardy
4⭐️ DE Tyler Baron
4⭐️ DT Omari Thomas
4⭐️ ILB Bryson Eason

Who I think we finish with:

5⭐️ OLB Sav’ell Smalls (Moose working hard here. I think this reaks of the To’oto’o situation from last year. We’ll impress on the field compared to that of FSU and we fight off Washington and Oregon to get him here.)

5⭐️ WR Rakim Jarrett (he’ll decommit from LSU around October and sign with us over Maryland on the December signing day, likely a 4⭐️ By then, due to the fact that his top 2 is Tennessee and Maryland, and the lack of ESPNs big 5 of Bama, Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma and OSU they’ll get pissy about it, because we all know field performance doesn’t matter with this stuff)

5⭐️ TE Darnell Washington (I could be wrong here but Atlanta VOL seems way too confident here for me not to be. I think he visits the weekend before the early signing day in December and we seal the deal there.)

4⭐️ ILB Len’Neth Whitehead (I think we miss on Sewell and get him as a consolation, even though it’s not really much of one. The wild card here is when South Carolina starts pushing)

4⭐️ S Antonio Johnson (I think once the A&M smoke clears we’ll get him back on campus again and he’ll realize why he committed here to begin with, and recommit. If not watch for Mordecai McDaniel)

3⭐️ RB Marvin Scott III (after missing on Holmes and likely Jordan I think we go after him hard and sign him, not hard to beat out Virginia Tech here)

3⭐️ DE Tre’Vonn Rybka (the Kentucky talk sounds like nonsense to me, think even if for whatever reason he commits to them on the 20th we still flip him. The beatdown we put on the cats in Kroger will be all the more reason.)

3⭐️ OT Branson Taylor (as of right now I think we miss on Morris to A&M. And instead of taking what would be a project in Tariq Stewart the staff opts to recruit this kid and sign him in February. Frame is small at 290 but at 6’6 he’s has a ton of room to grow, and we’ll be solid at OT for now so he could redshirt. And I know about his top 2, I think he decommitts from Pitt and opens it back up in December)

WR Adonai Mitchell (he’s a take rn IMO, at the rate he’s picking up offers he could be as high as a 4⭐️ By the February signing day. He’ll have a monster senior year and we’ll end up the highest ranked skill player in the state not named Keshawn Lawrence.)

Potential git-shirts: Darion Williamson, Lovie Jenkins and Jimmy Calloway. I think we keep Calloway as a WR in this class and Lovie plans to enroll early so we’ll keep him around. Williamson, however, ends up at Memphis or another school and loses his spot basically in favor of Mitchell. That puts us at the 25 limit.

Potential transfers: I couldn’t think of any except Maryland QB Kasim Hill, and that’s only if JG goes to the NFL early. Of course this will change depending on who hits the portal after the 2019 SZN

The 247 class calculator gives this class a rating of 285.41 (they dont have Adonai Mitchell’s profile as a guy you can add to the calculator, so I kept Williamson in that spot as a body basically) to compare, that would be the number 6 class in the country for the 2019 cycle, but there’s no accurate way to see where it would put us for 2020. This recruiting cycle seems to be more top heavy than previous as the whole top 5 will probably be over 300, so I’d say we be around the 9-10 range with this class, which would be an upgrade from the previous SZN.

Of course 50 new names could show up around January and this whole thing could end up wrong but hey it’s a slow day and here’s something to think about

Last edited:
8-14 don’t see much higher but could be lower. If coach finds some lower rated players he likes and takes them I could see lower.

Again, I think this class will be like last years. Around the 12 area.
5 stars - 2
4 stars - 13
3 stars - 10
Something probably along those lines.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
Again, I think this class will be like last years. Around the 12 area.
5 stars - 2
4 stars - 13
3 stars - 10
Something probably along those lines.

That would be great. I’d take it right now because we don’t have any buzz or momentum currently. I realize Pruitt is telling recruits to wait and see what we do on the field. I’m just not convinced we have the talent to get enough wins and move the needle with top guys. It’s a gamble that could pay off or really bankrupt the class.

That would be great. I’d take it right now because we don’t have any buzz or momentum currently. I realize Pruitt is telling recruits to wait and see what we do on the field. I’m just not convinced we have the talent to get enough wins and move the needle with top guys. It’s a gamble that could pay off or really bankrupt the class.

Yep, high risk high reward.

What choice does he have other than wait and see? That's literally the only pitch that's available. Early playing time doesnt work forever.

Winning games and playing top opponents tough will pull the recruits. That's just how it is for a lot of these '20 recruits that have offers from the "big 5."

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Do not see getting Washington. Lot of noise around him and UGA. However, if UGA gets upset a time or two, especially in Knoxville, I reserve the right to change my mind...

Reactions: Ratvol

VN Store

Back