2020 prospect Madison Hayes talks USA 3x3

lvocd

East Hamilton star Madison Hayes with Team USA at 3-on-3 World Cup in Mongolia

The quotes below make me optimistic about Kellie's chances of snagging her to play for Tennessee:

"My biggest role model is (former University of Tennessee and WNBA star) Candace Parker," said Hayes, who needs 771 points in her senior season to reach 3,000 for her high school career. "I look up to her because of how hard she works to better herself on and off the court.

"It's also an honor to play for Coach (Kara) Lawson for Team USA in the FIBA World Cup. I am getting great advice for the game and outside of basketball."

Reactions: Will83

The quotes below make me optimistic about Kellie's chances of snagging her to play for Tennessee:

"My biggest role model is (former University of Tennessee and WNBA star) Candace Parker," said Hayes, who needs 771 points in her senior season to reach 3,000 for her high school career. "I look up to her because of how hard she works to better herself on and off the court.

"It's also an honor to play for Coach (Kara) Lawson for Team USA in the FIBA World Cup. I am getting great advice for the game and outside of basketball."

Madison Hayes’ 3x3 teammate, Olivia Cochran, of Columbus GA, is also one of Coach Kellie’s 2020 recruiting targets, as is Treasure Hunt.

Reactions: mcannon1

I don't think that necessarily means she's a Tenn lean. Danielle Patterson also idolized Parker and I think they had some sort of relationship, yet she chose ND.

I don't think that necessarily means she's a Tenn lean. Danielle Patterson also idolized Parker and I think they had some sort of relationship, yet she chose ND.

Well, she chooses ND and end up leaving. Following ur heart is good sometimes. Does anyone know anything bout cooper

Then she went to IU so I totally agree... what I do think is gives Kellie Harper a chance to keep her in state as she is probably willing to listen TN and the TN connection. That’s all anybody needs is a chance and It’s what you do with that chance that counts so hopefully she can impress her and the players are welcoming (also having her AAU teammate Jaz M may help).

If Kellie develops a winning final 4 team, the recruits will come to TN like they're flocking to Kelly Graves and Oregon this year. (3 of Bluestar top 10 already verballed to Oregon). If Kellie leads the Lady Vols on the path that Holly Warlick led the team, top in state players and out of state players won't look our way. We are so lucky to have gotten Jordan. Come on Kellie, get it done. So hoping she can follow the path of Dawn, Vic, and Kelly Graves who all took cellar dwellers to the top. She is definately starting off on a higher rung of the ladder than did those 3.

If Kellie develops a winning final 4 team, the recruits will come to TN like they're flocking to Kelly Graves and Oregon this year. (3 of Bluestar top 10 already verballed to Oregon). If Kellie leads the Lady Vols on the path that Holly Warlick led the team, top in state players and out of state players won't look our way. We are so lucky to have gotten Jordan. Come on Kellie, get it done. So hoping she can follow the path of Dawn, Vic, and Kelly Graves who all took cellar dwellers to the top. She is definately starting off on a higher rung of the ladder than did those 3.

Agreed! I think Kellie will get players that fit what she thinks is a winning player some will surprise us because of their rankings (or lack there of) but if I can say one thing is her team at Mizz St played hard I go back and watch some of their games and they just were gritty and they truly enjoyed playing for one another which is something we haven’t seen.

Kellie talks about the little things and I wonder how some of the leftovers will handle Kellie teaching them “how to properly ride a bus” or “appreciate what they have as athletes” which she said was her focus at her previous school she seems to pay attention to details of little things because she realizes in the end the little things can get big results.

Rennia’s interview was telling for someone who doesn’t say a lot she spoke volumes and it wasn’t like just be nice comments it almost sounded as if Kellie was more demanding already and she appreciated that.

True. But I'm hopeful that if she were to ask Kara what her opinion of Kellie is, that Kara will give her a rave review. I'm not sure what Candace thinks of Kellie, but since I understand that both Kara and Candace had input into the coaching search it's more likely than not that Parker is on board with Harper, too.

I have my doubts that either Kara or Candace would have given the previous staff a recommendation to any recruit who might have asked them what their honest opinion of them was. But I feel more confident that former Lady Vols will be happy to endorse Kellie. This is what makes me feel optimistic.

Reactions: Will83 and Amb3096

VN Store

Back