2020 Presidential Race

Just cite one that was capricious, arbitrary and clearly only motivated by politics. Just one.

You are clearly ok with it all. I won’t waste any more time watching you dodge the issue without giving a straightforward opinion. Frankly, I don’t care.

You are clearly ok with it all. I won’t waste any more time watching you dodge the issue without giving a straightforward opinion. Frankly, I don’t care.
I'm not OK with it all.

If polling places are deliberately being closed to prevent voting, I'm against it.

It appears from all the links you have provided, that a majority of the sites are being closed because they are not ADA compliant.

Don't you want the disabled to be able to vote? (OK, just a wiseguy cheap shot, must control myself better).

Reactions: AM64
Because it’s should should be as easy as realistically possible to vote in the United States.

What is being asked of voters that is unrealistic? Wish I could go to the convenient store and get a gun and ammo out of a vending machine but there’s unrealistic rules and stipulations I have to abide by to exercise my right or I can choose not to.

Reactions: AM64 and 1972 Grad
Appears that a lot of these polling place closures are due to poor organization, poor planning, lack of foresight and lack of adequate funding. As far as an overarching, nefarious, organized plot to suppress the vote, not seeing it, other than how the lack of the above seems to effect those most vulnerable.

Sounds like government, as usual.

I think we should give them a broad general scope of history but mainly focus teaching them skills that they need to make it in today’s world..... we definitely don’t do enough of that.
I believe that history can be useful knowledge, but it isn't modern enough in our schools. It usually ends with World War II. Most high school students will be well versed in the Crusades but then can't explain the difference between the Viet Cong and the North Vietnamese Army, who their grandfathers could have fought.

Those are people who need to get their vote in before seeing a debate. They're very likely low info voters and you are justifiably excited
LOL. For the most part, I don't think debates have ever changed many minds. You see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear based on who you already like. Debates are about affirmation. Trump has been president for 3 years and 8 months now. Biden is also a well-known commodity, having served as vice president for 8 years following 36 years in the senate. The cake is baked with these two. Nobody needs to see a debate.

LOL. For the most part, I don't think debates have ever changed many minds. You see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear based on who you already like. Debates are about affirmation. Trump has been president for 3 years and 8 months now. Biden is also a well-known commodity, having served as vice president for 8 years following 36 years in the senate. The cake is baked with these two. Nobody needs to see a debate.
Biden's was a known commodity but his current mental health is very much up for debate. It needs to be seen whether he can actually take the stage and field unscripted questions. He also needs to do it more than once

We've watched Trump for years and understand who he is. He had been taking questions from the media for a while.

I don't know if it will change many votes but if Biden performs poorly it could go from likely voter to sitting it out. I think that's a very real possibility

Reactions: Sandman 423
I agree that not many votes have been won during a debate, but I bet they have been lost because of a debate though.

Biden's was a known commodity but his current mental health is very much up for debate. It needs to be seen whether he can actually take the stage and field unscripted questions. He also needs to do it more than once

We've watched Trump for years and understand who he is. He had been taking questions from the media for a while.

I don't know if it will change many votes but if Biden performs poorly it could go from likely voter to sitting it out. I think that's a very real possibility
After 47 years, we know who Biden is too. He is whoever he needs to be to get elected and make his family extremely wealthy.

Reactions: AM64 and hog88
he sure sticks to the script:
Ramble, ramble

Made up story

Come on, man
Hey they go to all the trouble to script the event, screen the attendees, etc... but at the end of the day it still comes down to Joe and his mouth. And that must be terrifying for his handlers.

VN Store

Back