2020 Presidential Race

Trump is trying to fix some of the problems that got him elected... Hence why he is president. Trump didn't get elected because of wacism despite what people claim. He got elected because both political parties have been screwing workers with bad trade deals, and the economy leaving workers behind. The chronic outsourcing basically.
I know you and a some others may have had that as the foundation of your vote, as misguided as that is IMO, but just as many if not more had "nationalism" as their foundation.

It's all just gasp inspiring terminology to paint the President and his supporters with as putrid a brush as possible and rile folks up.

Dems are trying to activate their base of support. The by-product of that is further entrenching Trump supporters and adding more when those on the fence get broad stroked into those categories and get pissed off at the Dems for doing it.

Yes, he did (both the long and short versions). Trump had a foreign born mother? Big deal! "Birther-ism" was Trump's way of trying to de-legitimize the Obama presidency. Just as Trump and his supporters resent what they refer to as the "Russian hoax" for being an attempt to de-legitimize his own presidency, Obama and his supporters feel the same way about "birther-ism" and despite some bold claims, Trump has never provided any evidence that Obama wasn't born in the United States. In 2011, Trump claimed that he had dispatched investigators to Hawaii to search for proof that Obama wasn't born in the United States and that these investigators supposedly relayed back to him that they "couldn't believe what they were finding". Trump was strongly implying that he had uncovered proof that Obama's birth certificate was fraudulent. Trump also said that he would be holding a press conference in two weeks to unveil this "proof". That was just another lie. That press conference never materialized, which makes me highly doubt that there ever even were any investigators sent to Hawaii. Trump is just a bull s***ter.

I believe that "birther-ism" was a dog whistle to the Trump base of support. It has been a common theme throughout the Trump presidency that black people are somehow less American, less patriotic and less deserving of being in this country than whites. In Trump's mind, black people have no right to complain about the government (as white people do) and should either be happy with what they have or "go back to where they came from" - even if they were born in the United States. "Birther-ism" is at the core of Trump's racism. Trump would have never questioned the legitimacy of a white President with a white European born father, who wasn't an American citizen. Trump saw potential to challenge Obama's American identity because Obama was black.
B8CE9870-6AA8-4491-9B2F-0D0F04A26A65.jpeg
Those silly kenyan government officials talking about the Kenyan born president of the United States. Pffft.... Bitherism.

Reactions: DynaLo
I know you and a some others may have had that as the foundation of your vote, as misguided as that is IMO, but just as many if not more had "nationalism" as their foundation.
As opposed to globalism? I've told you before, I sat out the last election as I couldn't bring myself to vote for either, but what is it that you consider nationalism? Wanting secure borders? Wanting people that come into the country to do so in a legal manner? I disagree with a wall, I've said that before, but what is wrong with a secure border? What is wrong with expecting people to obey the law? Why can't we as a country look at fixing our own problems rather than fixing every one else's problems?

I don't even know what a "white nationalist" is unless it is someone who wants an all white country, and I have never met anyone who espoused that..
Im sick to death of hearing politicians complaining about “white nationalism”.
Where are these people who claim to be white nationalist. Just because you want there to be a problem doesn’t mean there is one. Last time I checked there were 7k WN nation wide.
They are not emboldened by the president.
They barely exist at all.

Go take a look at 8chan’s pol forum.

It's good the Democrats field their best and brightest candidates. So young and lucid.
I take no pleasure in commenting on his obvious loss of faculty. But it’s clear now, the Dems are hoping/planning to pull the wool over our eyes again.

Reactions: McDad
As an independent, the blaming of trump and constant charge of racism is massive turn off. But the far left policies is what cements my vote. So far, all presidential candidates on the democrat side has endorsed a far left policy.

Democrats have all the information to show this is a losing battle.

Mayor Pete calls for change after deadly shootings: 'We cannot allow the Second Amendment to be a death sentence'

Democratic presidential hopeful Pete Buttigieg has a clear view of where to place blame following deadly shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, this weekend.

The South Bend, Ind., mayor pointed specifically to “weak gun safety” measures and white nationalism as the culprits, after the El Paso shooter was linked to anti-Mexican statements.

“This is terrorism and we have to name it as such,” Buttigieg said, specifically calling it “white nationalist terrorism” in a conversation with host Chris Wallace on “Fox News Sunday.”

“Right now you see it being echoed by the White House and there is a measure of responsibility that you just can’t get away from,” he said. Buttigieg cited President Trump’s comment that there were “very fine people” on both sides after a deadly attack at a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Va.

Addressing gun safety, Buttigieg asserted that there is a need for tougher gun laws to help prevent future mass shootings in the “only country in the world with more guns than people." He said "most gun owners" are in favor of universal background checks, and accused the National Rifle Association of not having the American people in mind when fighting stricter regulation.

“We cannot allow the Second Amendment to be a death sentence for thousands of Americans a year," he said.

Mayor Pete calls for change after deadly shootings: 'We cannot allow the Second Amendment to be a death sentence'
We already have universal background checks for gun purchases.

Reactions: BigOrangeD
Here's a thought...how about we actually enforce the current gun laws on the books.

The failure of background checks to catch unauthorized buyers is most likely to happen when the NICS Indices database is checked.

The NICS Indices, include records contributed by federal, state and local agencies specifically flagging individuals prohibited from buying a gun.

The problem happens because contributing agencies are not doing their jobs by getting the necessary info added in either a timely manner or in some cases it's not added at all.

Reactions: BigOrangeD

VN Store

Back