2020 Presidential Race

Yes, I've noticed that. Im a fiscal conservative. If we could find a politician that didn't spend like a drunken idiot and left my rights alone id vote for them. No more sending billions of dollars to other countries for their birth control, infrastructure, apology for blowing you up 70 years ago payments.
When it comes down to it, once they tax us, they ALL think it's their money to spend as they see fit including pork. That has always bothered me.

Never happen. Dems will demonize anyone that cuts spending per their usual tactic. Too many sacred cows across all political spectrums. R’s have just decided it’s easier to go along vs giving the Dems an automatic talking point for every election. I just wanna see the libs on this board when their fantasyland programs are enacted and swallow the country whole in short order on top of a $22T ($200+ T) debt. Good times ahead.

Reactions: BreatheUT and AM64
Never happen. Dems will demonize anyone that cuts spending per their usual tactic. Too many sacred cows across all political spectrums. R’s have just decided it’s easier to go along vs giving the Dems an automatic talking point for every election. I just wanna see the libs on this board when their fantasyland programs are enacted and swallow the country whole in short order on top of a $22T ($200+ T) debt. Good times ahead.
Dependency gets real messy when it all gets cut off.

Oh...that is so not good times..lol

Rasmussen Reports Poll (August 15 - August 19)

Donald Trump (44% Approve) - (54% Disapprove)

That is the lowest that Trump has been in a Rasmussen poll since the government shut down ended in January. Trump can't call it "fake news" because of the number of times he has tweeted and re-tweeted Rasmussen poll numbers since he took office. He has even praised Rasmussen during his campaign rallies and called them "my favorite poll". If this is a sign that news of a slowing economy is starting to take root with his supporters? Trump has problems.

She did.
If there were 85 green balls and 15 yellow balls in a bag and someone told you that you would win if a green ball was randomly selected, you'd be pretty happy and fairly confident. But hopefully you would be smart enough to realize that you were not guaranteed a victory. If a yellow ball was drawn, hopefully you would also be smart enough to avoid concluding that there was no way that the bag contained 85 green balls.

Last edited:
Reactions: tvolsfan
She did.
If there were 85 green balls and 15 yellow balls in a bag and someone told you that you would win if a green ball was randomly selected, you'd be pretty happy and fairly confident. But hopefully you would be smart enough to realize that you were not guaranteed a victory. If a yellow ball was drawn, hopefully you would also be smart enough to avoid concluding that there was no way that the bag contained 85 green balls.

In other words ... they were wrong . See simple .

In other words ... they were wrong . See simple .
You aren't thinking about probability correctly. For one example, we all remember well... Immediately after Georgia's last TD and extra point in Tennessee's game with them in 2016, there were only 12 seconds left and Georgia had a 31-28 lead. The probability of Georgia winning the game was 94% - we all remember how it turned out. However, that doesn't mean the probability was ever wrong. It just means that something out of the ordinary needed to happen in order for Tennessee to win.

mrz082019dAPR20190820064506.jpg

luthervol said:
She did.
@evillawyer wants your example changed to include blue balls.

Last edited:
You aren't thinking about probability correctly. For one example, we all remember well... Immediately after Georgia's last TD and extra point in Tennessee's game with them in 2016, there were only 12 seconds left and Georgia had a 31-28 lead. The probability of Georgia winning the game was 94% - we all remember how it turned out. However, that doesn't mean the probability was ever wrong. It just means that something out of the ordinary needed to happen in order for Tennessee to win.

Nothing out of the ordinary happened for Trump to win. The polls were simply wrong and people held their cards to the end.

Reactions: AM64 and tennvols77

VN Store

Back