2020 Presidential Race

Then that will make two gaffe machines who say really dumb stuff in the general election (Prince Charles is "The Prince of Whales" per the Trump twitter feed from yesterday.) Yay!

As much as you bellyache about Trump’s gaffes, I just assumed that would be a deal breaker for you and a lot of Democrats. I also wondered if his penchant for making comments that clearly fit the progressive definition of racism would be a deal breaker.

P.S. - your response was again more about Trump than Biden.

Yes, no question that Bernie was a problem in '16. He stayed in the race way too long and then didn't endorse Clinton until the convention. He could throw a wrench into things again... although, I think his following has dwindled slightly over the last four years.

I think you've got other firebrands to deal with ... like Warren. Although, I really think she's simply a blowhard and too cowardly to strike out on her own. The question is whether the DNC can offer her enough to play along quietly.

Yes, no question that Bernie was a problem in '16. He stayed in the race way too long and then didn't endorse Clinton until the convention. He could throw a wrench into things again... although, I think his following has dwindled slightly over the last four years.
Better hope Clinton stays out of it completely. I'm not simply talking about running, I'm talking no endorsements and just lying low. If you want to go with the message Trump believes he's above the law, best she makes no appearance whatsoever. You and the other liberals may disagree, but there are plenty of independent voters who believe Hillary was protected from the law herself. You don't want the message to ring hollow, which it will if she's involved. And someone needs to tell Joe to quit with the creeping. I don't care how harmless he says it is, it just looks weird and it does turn people off. He needs to change that image.

Seriously? It's alot about character, but if I were only making a choice on character, you know it wouldn't be DJ Trump. This election, IMO, will be decided on perceived character over policies or economics, merely because Trump's is so obviously horrible.
The Dems that are running have plenty of character flaws as well. None of us know how independents are going to weigh those out amongst the candidates and which flaws they find to be the most outrageous.

Per the latest polls from Quinnipiac University for the general election:

Biden 53% Trump 40%
Sanders 51% Trump 42%
Warren 49% Trump 42%
Harris 49% Trump 41%
Buttigieg 47% Trump 42%
Booker 47% Trump 42%
Famine 47% Trump 42%
Disease 46% Trump 41%
Death 45% Trump 42%
At this point in 1983, Mondale was up 10 points on Reagan. How’d that work out in November ‘84? General election polls 17 months out are useless.

Seriously? It's alot about character, but if I were only making a choice on character, you know it wouldn't be DJ Trump. This election, IMO, will be decided on perceived character over policies or economics, merely because Trump's is so obviously horrible.
The American Idol generation. That is beyond pathetic.

Reactions: AM64
At this point in 1983, Mondale was up 10 points on Reagan. How’d that work out in November ‘84? General election polls 17 months out are useless.
Sure, and you can cite many such examples as that... Dukakis had a 14 point lead on Bush after the '88 Democratic Convention that July, just prior to when the Willie Horton ads began running, and the Republican field of contenders was about even with Obama in the early stages of 2012. Polls are easily dismissed unless they confirm your own personal bias - in which case, if you're Donald Trump, they are no longer "fake" polls, and you post them on social media.

Fox News is touting their bogus poll saying Crazy Joe leads President Trump by 10 points. These polls will be shown to be badly wrong like they were in 2015 and 2016.

Didn't bother watching, but the thought of Abrams trashing anybody else is way too much like the pot calling the kettle black. She has shown absolutely no class or common sense in her public spectacle.
Well, basically, the commentators (both the guy who introduced the segment and Tucker Carlson) were very critical of Abrams for appearing to be entitled. Her "trashing" of Biden, was over his suggestion that she might make a good running mate. Abrams called this potential offer "insulting". Biden isn't the one coming away from this video looking like an idiot... the idiot here, is clearly Abrams, with the only valid criticism of Biden being, that he ever considered her as a running mate in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: TN-POSSUM and AM64
You posted a video but didn't have the patience to even watch it first (it was only 4 minutes)? Well, basically, the commentators (both the guy who introduced the segment and Tucker Carlson) were very critical of Abrams for appearing to be entitled. Her "trashing" of Biden, was over his suggestion that she might make a good running mate. Abrams called this potential offer "insulting". Biden isn't the one coming away from this video looking like an idiot... the idiot here, is clearly Abrams, with the only valid criticism of Biden being, that he ever considered her as a running mate in the first place.
I think that Stacey Abrams is ready to assume the office of the Presidency. Probably what she and Beto were born to do.

I think that Stacey Abrams is ready to assume the office of the Presidency. Probably what she and Beto were born to do.
I wonder where such an ego comes from... Carlson was right, she has never been anything more than a state legislator. A suggestion from a former 2 term VP that she might make a good running mate was "insulting"? Seriously? Good lord.

VN Store

Back