2020 NFL Offseason Thread

Bills, Jets & Dolphins this morning
When they read the news
Tom Brady leaving the Patriots
tumblr_nb2f73clX01suzl23o7_r1_250.gif

Pats tried to trade for Diggs and Hopkins
Offered Bridgewater

And struck out on all three.

I’m no Pats fan but it’s odd they miss 1 time let alone 3.

Pats tried to trade for Diggs and Hopkins
Offered Bridgewater

And struck out on all three.

I’m no Pats fan but it’s odd they miss 1 time let alone 3.

Missing out on Diggs at that price was the right move. Sounds like Bridgewater is getting 3/$60m, which seems reasonable.

I don't trust guys that weren't even good in college
Not much choice. They only have a little over three million in cap space right now. They’ll probably try and trade Thuney and restructure/extend some deals, but hard to see them creating enough space to bring in a QB in the $20 million range.

Brady was only a part time starter in college. Mediocre on a quality team.

1) Brady is the extreme exception to the rule. 2) He wasn't the plan until his first playoff run. Stidham should not be the plan unless they want to tank. 3) Brady was solid in college, he was just battling it out with one of the biggest name prospects in CFB. Brady's last year he shared QB duties and put up 2200 yards and 16 TD's in 11 games and they went 10-2. In this era, Stidham only did 2800 and 18 as the guy in 13 games and they went 8-5.

I could be totally wrong about Stidham, I acknowledge that. It just doesn't seem like the right move.

I'll never forget Rivers trash-talking Indy fans after his backup Volek led the Chargers in a comeback playoff victory. Now he's a Colt, LOL.

Reactions: Plecoptera

VN Store

Back