2020 NBA Season Thread (brought to you by Jerry’s need for attention)

Just saw Westbrook in highlights for the rockets and oh my god that **** is weird

Reactions: BadJerry20
@BadJerry20 tell me how the pistons will do

Well that finally got rid of that bum Stanley Johnson, and have 45 almost PGs so championship incoming.

For real if you get last year Rose, Kief is Washington Kief and not OKC Kief, Kennard improves and Blake stays healthy you'll be battling Orlando for the 8 seed again. Though TBH I'm not high on the Celtics, and wonder about Kyrie messing up the best thing about the Nets last year, their chemistry.

Just saw Westbrook in highlights for the rockets and oh my god that **** is weird

I hate it so much. I hate seeing him in that uniform and I hate that this transition is going to be 100% on him, cause Harden isn't going to change anything to try and help. I've always argued Russ at SG is an awful idea, and it's even worse now that his athleticism has dropped a bit, and he's been allowed to run wild for 10 years.

I hate it so much. I hate seeing him in that uniform and I hate that this transition is going to be 100% on him, cause Harden isn't going to change anything to try and help. I've always argued Russ at SG is an awful idea, and it's even worse now that his athleticism has dropped a bit, and he's been allowed to run wild for 10 years.
At least he didn't go to the Lakers and get involved in politics and all that **** like somebody else.

In a meaningless game to win the scoring title, selfish prick lol

Lol, you're looking at it the wrong way. One night in his life he said to himself "just score" and he did mfkn 71 and then he was unselfish for his entire career.

Maybe being unselfish was Robinson's biggest flaw

Reactions: TBrown
Honestly Robinson is one of the more underrated/kind of forgotten guys when people talk about all time players. He's just a tick behind Olajuwon IMO

How have I never seen that?

It seems like it's intentional, right? If not intentional, extremely careless to the point that there is no defending it. I remember Malone was super pissed at the sideline reporter for asking him if it was intentional, and he said they were friends but it totally looks intentional.

It seems like it's intentional, right? If not intentional, extremely careless to the point that there is no defending it. I remember Malone was super pissed at the sideline reporter for asking him if it was intentional, and he said they were friends but it totally looks intentional.

It probably was, I don't trust that redneck.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Honestly Robinson is one of the more underrated/kind of forgotten guys when people talk about all time players. He's just a tick behind Olajuwon IMO

It's a classic case of one memorable thing diminishing a legacy that should far outweigh that memory. Olajuwon crushing him in the playoffs ruined the perception of the Admiral. The Spurs weren't on TV very often and so that playoff matchup was at forefront of everybody's minds when the truth is Robinson was a beast and his career matchup vs. Olajuwon was actually pretty even. Hakeem shot 51% for his career but only shot .441 against Robinson in 42 games, and lost 30 of them.

Hakeem Olajuwon vs. David Robinson | Basketball-Reference.com

TBF to Robinson that 2 year playoff stretch that Olajuwon had, nobody in the history of the NBA was stopping him.

2019-20: NBA prediction cards:

MVP: Anthony Davis
DPOY: Giannis
ROY: RJ Barrett
COY: Clifford
6MOY: Lou Will
MIP: Jon Isaac
Leading scorer: Steph

Champion: Sixers
Runner-up: Clippers
Most disappointing team: Nuggets
Most surprising team: Magic

Yeah count me out on rj barrett

I could totally see him pull a Tyreke Evans his first year in Sacramento (or Michael Carter-Williams I’m Philly) where they are so bad they let him be the number one option and he puts up big counting numbers.

Watch out for Herro and White for ROY, too. White is in a great position to put up stats as long as Lavine doesn turn into 2006 Kobe. I think Miami is going to be more relevant than people believe, and if Herro can thrive in a 6th man heat check scoring role, he's going to get a lot of credit.

Wow, Heat depth chart has Winslow at PG with Herro starting at the 2, so even more minutes.

VN Store

Back