2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

72211608_10214656978247320_2772383372180193280_n.jpg
Starting to get a lot of favorable scouting reports as she becomes more visible going to camps and AAU play.

P.S. And bring Destiny Salary with you! :D

But seriously, with what Darby posted after her offer, and looking at the excited, sweet-smiling face of Salary in the photos from this past weekend, I get such a good vibe from both of them and hope they both become Lady Vols.

I would think that the commitment would be coming soon from both of them or not be coming at all. We'll have to find out how important it is for Darby to play in big time basketball. Not concerned about any other power five school biggest concern is if she wants to move that far away from home. I hope she has the ambition to want to play in the SEC if not UT Martin is only 10 miles from Greenfield. Salary may be waiting for an Arkansas offer and also likes Missouri. Hopefully they both come here would be the perfect duo for this class considering who is returning.

I would think that the commitment would be coming soon from both of them or not be coming at all. We'll have to find out how important it is for Darby to play in big time basketball. Not concerned about any other power five school biggest concern is if she wants to move that far away from home. I hope she has the ambition to want to play in the SEC if not UT Martin is only 10 miles from Greenfield. Salary may be waiting for an Arkansas offer and also likes Missouri. Hopefully they both come here would be the perfect duo for this class considering who is returning.

Of course, they might also want to play it cool for a bit. You never know about teens. Sometimes they’ll hold back so they don’t appear too eager.

But truth be known, I’m sure Kellie would greatly appreciate a show of eagerness to become apart of the Lady Vol Sisterhood. Why be coy about it when you can jump in with both feet right now, right? :cool:

Kamila Cardoso

She was a highly recruited player but ESPN said she is waiting to pass a test to play D1 ball. Which sounds like SAT/ACT trouble from coaching high school myself. You need a certain score on those tests depending on her GPA and ensuring the proper classes were taken. Not something I’m starting rumors about but the NCAA clearinghouse has specifics that must be passed and taken. I’m sure she and HH will figure it out.

She was a highly recruited player but ESPN said she is waiting to pass a test to play D1 ball. Which sounds like SAT/ACT trouble from coaching high school myself. You need a certain score on those tests depending on her GPA and ensuring the proper classes were taken. Not something I’m starting rumors about but the NCAA clearinghouse has specifics that must be passed and taken. I’m sure she and HH will figure it out.

Pretty sure Cardoso is one of Connecticut’s top prospects, so I imagine they’re anxious for her to get her academics in order. Since she’s Brazilian, it makes me wonder if language has been a barrier to her meeting the requirements.

Pretty sure Cardoso is one of Connecticut’s top prospects, so I imagine they’re anxious for her to get her academics in order. Since she’s Brazilian, it makes me wonder if language has been a barrier to her meeting the requirements.
I was wondering the same thing ... her academics could be good but passing that test or a test could be the issue I can’t imagine her being at that school with our tutors to help her get through what she needs. They have helped so many students from what I’ve read I’m sure success is right around the corner but the SAT is a barrier for many some just aren’t good test takers.

Reactions: lvocd

She’s not interested in Connecticut anymore from what I’ve heard and seen on Twitter could be vice verse not sure. South Car or MSU seem to be the top 2 destinations.

Reactions: olddog
She’s not interested in Connecticut anymore from what I’ve heard and seen on Twitter could be vice verse not sure. South Car or MSU seem to be the top 2 destinations.

Oh is UConn playing the "She didn't drop us; we dropped her. We have no use for a top 10 6'7 athletic post player."

Oh, UConn 🤣🤣🤣

Oh is UConn playing the "She didn't drop us; we dropped her. We have no use for a top 10 6'7 athletic post player."

Oh, UConn 🤣🤣🤣
If you are talking about the idiots on The Boneyard, only a few are saying that. Most of them were arguing about how to pronounce her name and Brazil.

I will say UConn does steer clear of recruits with qualifying issues, but I haven’t heard of the Huskies doing that in this case.

Reactions: mcannon1
If you are talking about the idiots on The Boneyard, only a few are saying that. Most of them were arguing about how to pronounce her name and Brazil.

I will say UConn does steer clear of recruits with qualifying issues, but I haven’t heard of the Huskies doing that in this case.
I'm going by what the poster I quoted referenced.

As desperate as UConn is for size, they'd be stupid to back off from her despite potential eligibility issues. It's not like there are other elite 2020 post players that have UConn on their short lists.

Reactions: mlindsay
I'm going by what the poster I quoted referenced.

As desperate as UConn is for size, they'd be stupid to back off from her despite potential eligibility issues. It's not like there are other elite 2020 post players that have UConn on their short lists.
i have no idea if they backed off. But it’s clear that there is no interest on her part in UConn. So that ship has sailed.

They did get a verbal from a 2020 post, 6’5” Plath Gabriel. Maybe a diamond in the rough?

piath-gabriel

VN Store

Back