2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

I believe we are in the midst of an NCAA Recruiting Shutdown, but I think it ends tomorrow (it was August 12-16), so I'd assume today is the last day. Then the quiet period resumes until September 9 when the contact period starts.

Can someone explain the shutdown pls.. Never heard about that kind of system.

"A quiet period is that period of time when it is permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts only on the member institution’s campus. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts or evaluations may be made during the quiet period". I would assume based on the NCAA words that unofficial visits but not official unless the student as accepted the offer. September weekends are official visiting weekends.

all good and I can only wonder about the meetings that took place by the "experts" who developed the calendar. Did they also consult the Farmer's Almanac? (smile) .

Sarah Andrews has narrowed her schools ... TN is not in her top 5 of Baylor, Florida St. , Louisville, Ms St, and Texas

Re Sarah Andrews and some others on the list. Board members created our list using boarders expertise and wishes without having a peek at the LVs' evolving recruiting board. And as the 2021 forum list is now up we will stay involved. smile

Reactions: krichunaka
I've heard she's a silent commit to Baylor

The interaction of these recruits and the effect one decision might have on another is very interesting, considering many of them friend up during summer ball, going all the way back to grade school. They probably stay in touch/follow each other throughout this nerve-wrecking process, right?
And, when there are two top tens, who play the same position, "silently committed" to the same school?
Fascinating!
And, now there's the classwork, pre-season conditioning, visitations ...so many dinner time conversations.
Yes, it must be a high honor. But a tough thing to experience. I envy neither child nor parent. God bless them all.
And, the top-fives will continue to roll in.
Cheers.

Reactions: lvocd
added Paith to the recruitment list, I don't believe the LVs have ever had or even recruited a player from New Hampshire

added Paith to the recruitment list, I don't believe the LVs have ever had or even recruited a player from New Hampshire

It's Piath Gabriel. She's 6'5" but a work in progress and nowhere near ready for SEC prime time IMO, playing in a less than stellar New England prep league. Maybe she improved remarkably during summer AAU, but I can't find any recent video on her.

Reactions: RollerVol
Some Updates:

- Ware announcing today at 3:00 PM (EDT). Unless she snuck in a UT visit that no one knows about - I’m guessing we’re on the outside looking in.

- Merritt took an official visit to San Diego State last weekend and is at Alabama this weekend.

- Reese is on her official to Maryland.

Ware is a out west player with more pieces than her puzzle will hold ! Don’t know where she would fit but the transfer portal is probably in her future just based on her past statements? JMO

Merritt (a Texas ) player list EIGHT teams of interest..... Will we even get a visit ?

Angel Reese is the prize for us to land ! Maryland is her home state but can we get her to leave ? My opinion is South Carolina is a major player ... However , with their last year recruiting class ( Amihere , Boston, Beal , ) and sophomore Saxton , and Jr Grissett .... not sure how much playing time available? JMO
I see her coming here with Davis going into her last year of eligibility ..... Angel would move right in to that position!!! JMO

Reactions: mlindsay and stllvf
Ware is a out west player with more pieces than her puzzle will hold ! Don’t know where she would fit but the transfer portal is probably in her future just based on her past statements? JMO

Merritt (a Texas ) player list EIGHT teams of interest..... Will we even get a visit ?

Angel Reese is the prize for us to land ! Maryland is her home state but can we get her to leave ? My opinion is South Carolina is a major player ... However , with their last year recruiting class ( Amihere , Boston, Beal , ) and sophomore Saxton , and Jr Grissett .... not sure how much playing time available? JMO
I see her coming here with Davis going into her last year of eligibility ..... Angel would move right in to that position!!! JMO
Jordyn has an official visit scheduled September 27-29

Reactions: Ladyvol777
I believe Ware is also wanting a school that will let her do Basketball and Volleyball so she probably found a school that will let her do that.

I believe Ware is also wanting a school that will let her do Basketball and Volleyball so she probably found a school that will let her do that.

UCLA or Arizona? Minnesota may be an option too as all three have good volleyball teams and Az is turning around their basketball team. Players seem to love Coach Barnes so wouldn’t be surprised if that was the pic

VN Store

Back