2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Sarah Andrews getting close to narrowing her Top 12 to a Top 5:

Since she is from Texas.... Probably will consider Texas and Baylor ! But Texas Tech. Texas A&M probably not. If she considers North it will be UConn over Michigan. Just don’t think OU or Fl. St. Have much of a chance? In the SEC it will be UT and SC and Auburn out!!! There is a connection with our Zay Green that might help ? JMO 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: RollerVol
My comments are not specifically about Sarah Andrews but about the LV staff assessment of future players. If you believe that future recruitment of 16-17 year olds will be based on an researched approach to maximize the importance of fitting into the LV family or strategy how does the social media (above) assessed. And I understand that the attention given top players augments the ME, me, me personal ego. And come mid-November, quite an adjustment after the young women signs their name to attend a school. Hopefully, each is satisfied that the decision was one that she and her family felt was best, given the other possibilities.

Since she is from Texas.... Probably will consider Texas and Baylor ! But Texas Tech. Texas A&M probably not. If she considers North it will be UConn over Michigan. Just don’t think OU or Fl. St. Have much of a chance? In the SEC it will be UT and SC and Auburn out!!! There is a connection with our Zay Green that might help ? JMO 🤷‍♂️
She said the schools recruiting her the hardest are: Baylor, Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Florida State, and Louisville. I don't particularly see Tennessee making the cut, but you never know!

She said the schools recruiting her the hardest are: Baylor, Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Florida State, and Louisville. I don't particularly see Tennessee making the cut, but you never know!

I don’t have any inside information.... Just my own analysis! We have Jaz and Jordan so she may think about looking for more playing time? We will see

Reactions: RollerVol
I do like our new coaches. I have met them all and I think they will do well. Different mindset than previous for sure.

Walz. Say whatever you want. He is a winner that would have been here if offered the job. That is the one thing I know for 100%. Spew all the contract stuff you want, I know what I am talking about here.

I do like our new coaches. I have met them all and I think they will do well. Different mindset than previous for sure.

Walz. Say whatever you want. He is a winner that would have been here if offered the job. That is the one thing I know for 100%. Spew all the contract stuff you want, I know what I am talking about here.
This is over and done. Enough! Glad you like our new Coaches. Time now to support them. GO LADY VOLS!

- Angel Reese - 6’3” - Wing - MD - PN 6 - ESPN 2
- Sarah Andrews - 5’7” - PG - TX - PN 4 - ESPN 7
- Jordyn Merritt - 6'2" - Forward - TX - PN 32 - ESPN 27
- Lauren Ware - 6’5” - Post - ND - PN 13 - ESPN 30

- Treasure Hunt - 6’1” - Wing - TN - PN 14 -ESPN 36
- Madeline Westbeld - 6’2” - Forward - OH - PN 24 - ESPN 31
- Sakima Walker - 6’4” - Post - OH - PN 33 -ESPN 53
- Dontavia Waggoner - 6’1” - Wing - TN - PN 27 - ESPN 74
- Madison Hayes - 6’0” - Guard - TN - PN 57 - ESPN 25
- Piath Gabriel - 6'5" - Forward - NH - PN 88
- Abbey Crawford - Wing - TN

**Bold indicates a prospect has UT in their top 5-8**

Last edited:
Madison Scott named her top-5, and no LVs, so I took her off. Interestingly enough Ole Miss was the only SEC school! For a top-15 player?

Reactions: mcannon1
Can also take off Eylia Love, who announced her top-8: Florida, Georgia Tech, Kansas, Northwestern, St. John's, Southern Cal, Vanderbilt, and Wichita State

Reactions: mcannon1
Madison Scott named her top-5, and no LVs, so I took her off. Interestingly enough Ole Miss was the only SEC school! For a top-15 player?

Impressive coach, she probably will ever get those type of players but she has them listening at least.

So...how soon are Coach Harper and her staff allowed to get back on the recruiting trail? Anyone know if they’re allowed contact players? Is summer ball over? Seems like school starts earlier each year. When I was in school we didn’t go back until after Labor Day lol. How soon are the ladies allowed to practice? I’m excited.wished they were coming to Southern California to play. Seriously thinking about a road trip to Standard.

I'm shocked how Ole Miss is getting back on track after so many years. The coach must be great. LSU is not working fine for coach Nikki.

So...how soon are Coach Harper and her staff allowed to get back on the recruiting trail? Anyone know if they’re allowed contact players? Is summer ball over? Seems like school starts earlier each year. When I was in school we didn’t go back until after Labor Day lol. How soon are the ladies allowed to practice? I’m excited.wished they were coming to Southern California to play. Seriously thinking about a road trip to Standard.
I believe we are in the midst of an NCAA Recruiting Shutdown, but I think it ends tomorrow (it was August 12-16), so I'd assume today is the last day. Then the quiet period resumes until September 9 when the contact period starts.

Reactions: sisaq
Hammer, do I interpret your explanation that official visits would not be expected/allowed until Sept 9th? And obviously scheduled visits will inform us boarders about the reality of recruiting.

Hammer, do I interpret your explanation that official visits would not be expected/allowed until Sept 9th? And obviously scheduled visits will inform us boarders about the reality of recruiting.
No -- during a quiet period, athletes may still take visits and talk with coaches at their campus (official/unofficial visits), but coaches cannot visit one's home or high school.

Basically during a quiet period, the only place an athlete can see a coach in person is at the coach's campus (official or unofficial visit), while during a contact period, a coach may visit an athlete at their house, high school, or at the coach's campus.
--
Also starting September 1st, coaches are directly able to contact players in the 2021 class.

VN Store

Back