2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

I think you're both - VAVOLFAN, Volfan2012 - right: that KK and Lou Brown are rounding into shape, and Kamera Harris is showing promise; that they are pleased with the two, six-five freshmen - Emily and Tamari - and Miss Jaiden (she'll bring attitude!)
That, they expect a huge step toward greatness for the very talented Rennia Davis; and big improvement from the trio of six-foot sophomores - Massengill, Burrell, and Greene - and a few daggers from Miss Rennie.

That they are absolutely giddy over the spectacular Jordan Horston!

The broader point: There's enough talent and diversity in the group on campus, to allow for a very selective approach for the one, or two players they might be targeting.
Of course, they must be looking at Kamilla Cardoso; but, the talls already signed will be very good. And, with or without a true, 2020 Big, we might still sign one of those previously discussed by many - Hunt, Hayes, Reese, Cochran, Westbeld; Daniels, Clark (OK, so maybe I'm the only one struck on those two).
Are there others?
Is Cardosa the key?
Or, do we already have the Key(s) for a deep tournament run?
I think so.

You sound like you may have a little insider knowledge 🤔

Or is this wishful thinking😉 ( I am hoping for the insider knowledge answer😃)

The only proximity to such a treasure (no pun intended) I might have had was the occasional exchange with a certain female sportswriter whom I grew to admire; and this, about a decade ago. If I’ve any intuitive take on things, present, it’s from listening to the more-knowledgeable of this forum, like you, and, to the extent possible, from observing (physically and audibly) Coach Harper. I don’t think she’s ill-prepared or naive, as some seem to almost hope. I think her optimism, about this team, is knowledge-based, and genuine.
And, I think she has a very particular type of player in mind - long, rugged, diverse - and absent a 6-1/2 ft. prerequisite.
Thus, I don’t think Miss Westbeld added us to her top five on a whim. There would most-certainly have been a bit of back-and-forth in recent weeks. A player like her (and we’re projecting two years hence) could put us in the hunt (again, no pun). She can stretch defenses, or drive right through them.
I’m not suggesting that “top five” gives us the inside lane; in fact, I figure we’re closer to five, than to one. But, watching and listening to her, and to our Coach, is very revealing ...akin to reading the master blueprint.

Last edited:
I think you're both - VAVOLFAN, Volfan2012 - right: that KK and Lou Brown are rounding into shape, and Kamera Harris is showing promise; that they are pleased with the two, six-five freshmen - Emily and Tamari - and Miss Jaiden (she'll bring attitude!)
That, they expect a huge step toward greatness for the very talented Rennia Davis; and big improvement from the trio of six-foot sophomores - Massengill, Burrell, and Greene - and a few daggers from Miss Rennie.

That they are absolutely giddy over the spectacular Jordan Horston!

The broader point: There's enough talent and diversity in the group on campus, to allow for a very selective approach for the one, or two players they might be targeting.
Of course, they must be looking at Kamilla Cardoso; but, the talls already signed will be very good. And, with or without a true, 2020 Big, we might still sign one of those previously discussed by many - Hunt, Hayes, Reese, Cochran, Westbeld; Daniels, Clark (OK, so maybe I'm the only one struck on those two).
Are there others?
Is Cardosa the key?
Or, do we already have the Key(s) for a deep tournament run?
I think so.

“Or , do we have the Key(s) for a deep tournament run ?” .....
Teonni Key 6’2” guard 2021 ( Little sister ) (and still growing?). Is she coming? Surely.... Mom and Teonni have told the Tennessee coaches if she wants to play with her sister !!!! JMO

Reactions: krichunaka
6-3 post, #13 on PN and #30 on HG. Encouraging news that the staff is surely working the trails hard and hopefully making up some ground.

Interesting fact that some reported her height at 6’5” ? And growing!!! Keeps ice at home for her knees aching..... Wants to play BB and volley ball at her college... Interest in business degree. North Dakota? How far is that ?

Is this another Lauren Cox ?

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Lauren Ware's recruitment is unlike anything I've ever seen.

She announced a top 10 a few months ago: Arizona, Arizona State, Florida, Iowa, LSU, Minnesota, Nebraska, NC State, Oregon and Texas

She then took her first official visit to Nebraska in April. Then took an official visit to Texas in June. Then took her third official visit to Oregon in early July.

She then releases a top 5 of UCLA, Texas, Arizona, Tennessee, and Minnesota. So, with only 2 official visits remaining, 2 of her 5 finalists won't be getting one. She might have to pay her own way for some unofficial visits.

Lauren Ware's recruitment is unlike anything I've ever seen.

She announced a top 10 a few months ago: Arizona, Arizona State, Florida, Iowa, LSU, Minnesota, Nebraska, NC State, Oregon and Texas

She then took her first official visit to Nebraska in April. Then took an official visit to Texas in June. Then took her third official visit to Oregon in early July.

She then releases a top 5 of UCLA, Texas, Arizona, Tennessee, and Minnesota. So, with only 2 official visits remaining, 2 of her 5 finalists won't be getting one. She might have to pay her own way for some unofficial visits.

What ..... visits to Texas , Oregon , Nebraska.... and now Nebraska and Oregon are out after a visit! Texas is the only one to pass her initial visit ?

UCLA and Tennessee didn’t make the top ten initially but in the top five ? She only has two more official visits left ! I don’t know if we would be better with a visit or wait on her top two teams ??? Would the top two teams be in the top five or will they be two new teams that didn’t make any of the top lists ?🤷‍♂️

I do like her physical appearance.... Not a skinny kid ! Should be able to hold her own on the inside... JMO

Last edited:
Another Kristin Folkl? Natalie Williams? Tanya Haave?

Hoopgurlz said:
Nike Cup-July 2018: Low-post performer consistently delivers in the paint; college-ready frame, mobility and defensive presence combine to form an elite post prospect in the class of 2020. (Olson)

Fascinating development, and, as mentioned, this Tennessee Coaching Staff is high energy.
And smartly exploring several options.

She ices her knees, tapes her sprained ankles, and goes right on playing.

“....can guard perimeter or post players.”

Long, rugged, diverse.

How many paid visits can a university host for prospects and their families. that may be a decision also?

I am elated the staff is involved with so many of this years prospects.

How many paid visits can a university host for prospects and their families. that may be a decision also?

I am elated the staff is involved with so many of this years prospects.

I think it’s 12 per year if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Take Kamilla off: she's down to UConn, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Ohio State, and Syracuse.

2021 5’10 guard Ohio, Madison Roshelle visiting Rocky Top this weekend

She's at Lady Vol Experience Camp. Here's a description from Ryzer, the registering company.

Since the link: Welcome to Ryzer.com, Where America Registers for Camp&sport=4&city=&state=TN&pricerange=&page=0&id=135499
takes a person to Ryzer's homepage, here's the camp description:

2019 LADY VOL EXPERIENCE
Tennessee’s Lady Vol Experience one day camp is for the serious-minded student athlete looking for a dynamic series of position-specific drill sets designed to challenge you and your skill level. This is your opportunity to take part in a camp that will show you what it is like to be a Lady Volunteer. Coach Kellie Harper and her staff will coach and challenge you with drills that they use with our current Lady Vol players. The Lady Vol Experience is designed to prepare you for the reality of competing on the collegiate level and beyond. Campers are given a glimpse of what it takes to be a Lady Vol from players and coaches. It is a one of a kind advanced camp that features an academic session, collegiate compliance session, workout sessions, strength and conditioning session, basketball facilities tour and the opportunity to have a Q & A with our Lady Volunteer student-athletes. Come to registration dressed and ready to play.

DATE
Saturday, July 27

WHO
Grades 8th - 12th

Reactions: lvocd
Add 6’5” center, Lauren Ware of Bismarck ND

If Kamilla has taken us off her list this would be an extremely good pick up.

This young lady not only was the Gatorade state player of the year in basketball but in volleyball AS WELL!

Her timing on blocking shots is really good and volleyball probably helps her with all of that! I know she is looking to play both in college and was recruited for volleyball to some of the top schools like Minnesota, UCLA, and Nebraska which are REALLY good and said she could do both. Texas also has told her she could do both and they have a rich volleyball tradition. Oh and Gatorade has her at 6’5” on their write ups and she doesn’t look frail either.

Here is more on Lauren and her awards 😃

https://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/winner/lauren-ware/36954

https://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/winner/lauren-ware/37107

From all the information boarders have shared Cardosa and LV were not mutually interested prior to and after the coaching change. Someone wrote "take her off our list" I expect she hasn't been on the extra-effort list for the LVs for some time.

Without using the cliche of getting in late, I would not be surprised that a coach from a Missouri University might have had contact with Lauren Ware before she was highly recruited. Raises an interesting questions re visits. how many volleyball visits are allowed? or is it such that a three-sport athlete can take 15 or just 5 paid visits? (smile)

VN Store

Back