2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

stllvf

StlLVF Saw first game in 1976
Knowledgeable Boarders have kept us informed on players being recruited for several years now. I will be willing to be the scribe and will create a comprehensive initial list and let recruits decisions whittle it to the few the LVs are recruiting.

SIGNED NOVEMBER 2019

Tess Darby G TN
Destiny Salary G Ark

Note: the 20 players listed below were identified by members of our Board as candidates. Those identified in bold made official visits.
Kamilla Cardosa P TN
Sekima Walker P Oh
Madison Hayes G TN
Angel Reese W MD PN 5 ESPN 2
Abbey Crawford W TN
Olivia Cochran F GA PN 28 ESPN 33
Taliyah Medina G/W PN PN 56
Elauna Eaton W AK ESPN 47
Natalijia Marshall P NY PN 16 ESPN 12
Dontavia Waggoner W TN PN 27
Sarah Andrews PG TX PN 4 ESPN 7
Piath Gabriel W NH PN 88
Eylia "Lele" Love W KS
Madelyn Westbeld G OH
Treasure Hunt W TN PN 12 ESPN 36
Jordyn Merritt: W TX PN 32
Natalijia Marshall P NY PN 16 ESPN 12
Piath Gabriel W NH PN 88
Shelby Calhoun G KY PN 46
Lauren Ware P ND PN 13 ESPN 30

Last edited:
Add

Sarah Andrews
Hannah Guster
Natalijia Marshall
Angel Reese

To the list all have TN in their most recent list of schools

Here’s a few more:
Elaine Eaton
Madrie Scherr
Gabby Hutcherson
Shelby Calhoun
Erin Toller

Some recruits in Tennessee’s borders:

Dontavia Waggoner
Bailey Trumm
Abbey Crawford
Not sure if we are recruiting but they are instate kids! As our numbers (team) increase like 2020..... we have 4 or 5 available and playing time is limited. We will become more and more selective and recruits may not want to wait their turn ?

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Is there a pure 3 point shooter in the 2020 class. Also, another point guard and forward would be high on the list.

Is there a pure 3 point shooter in the 2020 class. Also, another point guard and forward would be high on the list.

We have a 6’3” forward commit (if she is still committed) Amani Bartlett in the 2021 class one of the top TX girls basketball players.

I think we need a guard (3 pt shooter) , wing (slasher/rebounder) , and Forward/center. We have three point guards right now on the team (Westbrook, Massengill, and Horston). I would however be open to a 5’6”-5’8” speedy guard to blow by defenders.

Sydney Parrish is a really good 3point shooter who is gritty and mixes it up on the defensive end.

Knowledgeable Boarders have kept us informed on players being recruited for several years now. I will be willing to be the scribe and will create a comprehensive initial list and let recruits decisions whittle it to the few the LVs are recruiting.

Karmilla Cardoso
Treasure Hunt
Sydney Parrish
Madison Hayes
Thank you for the thread, but please edit the title to Kellie, not Kelly.

kthxbai 1555161985710.gif

We have a 6’3” forward commit (if she is still committed) Amani Bartlett in the 2021 class one of the top TX girls basketball players.

I think we need a guard (3 pt shooter) , wing (slasher/rebounder) , and Forward/center. We have three point guards right now on the team (Westbrook, Massengill, and Horston). I would however be open to a 5’6”-5’8” speedy guard to blow by defenders.

Sydney Parrish is a really good 3point shooter who is gritty and mixes it up on the defensive end.
Sydney is the one we need...she has us on her list...I think CKH can reel her in...🙂

SEC is loading up on transfers and Grad Transfers Tennessee needs to find a couple players. Kentucky getting a five star point guard from Texas, Texas A&M getting a 6'4" Grad Transfer, Arkansas has at least one five star transfer eligible next season, and think Georgia picked up a couple players. I expect a lot more to come. I hope Kellie is a lot better than Holly was about picking up players from transfers that can help the team immediately. We need a three point shooter badly and a defensive stopper on the perimeter.

It will be interesting if the high level recruits that were considering UT, will back off or still be interested. Coach may have to go after a couple of mid level ranked recruits for the 2020 class. Do not want another 2016 year with one late recruit.

Reactions: stllvf and dtnvol
SEC is loading up on transfers and Grad Transfers Tennessee needs to find a couple players. Kentucky getting a five star point guard from Texas, Texas A&M getting a 6'4" Grad Transfer, Arkansas has at least one five star transfer eligible next season, and think Georgia picked up a couple players. I expect a lot more to come. I hope Kellie is a lot better than Holly was about picking up players from transfers that can help the team immediately. We need a three point shooter badly and a defensive stopper on the perimeter.
Would be nice, but I think we have enough for next season...l am concerned about our 2020 class...we have some bigtime recruits considering us...I just hope Kellie & Co can keep our top ten streak going...go LVFL 🧡🏀

Reactions: sccshortstop
It will be interesting if the high level recruits that were considering UT, will back off or still be interested. Coach may have to go after a couple of mid level ranked recruits for the 2020 class. Do not want another 2016 year with one late recruit.
CKH is going to have to get the recruits on campus and impress the heck out of them...if she can that, we'll be fine...the chance of being on a LV rejuvenation team will do the rest...Go LVFL

Kellie's appointment did not scare off Jordan Horston, which is a good sign. Truthfully, Holly was able to con the very best blue chip players to play for Tennessee year after year in spite of her coaching failures. If that didn't scare them off, then I think Kellie will do just fine on the recruitment front.

Kellie's appointment did not scare off Jordan Horston, which is a good sign. Truthfully, Holly was able to con the very best blue chip players to play for Tennessee year after year in spite of her coaching failures. If that didn't scare them off, then I think Kellie will do just fine on the recruitment front.
Actually it was Reeves who conned them. Do you not remember the two years of dismal failure?

Whoever get this young lady Sarah Andrews is getting a big time pg.

Her crossover is deadly ! We need that break you down fast paced guard who can slither through the D. I think E leaving opens up a PG position for the 2020 class sitting behind a junior and sophomore is better than sitting behind a senior, junior, and sophomore.

Reactions: dtnvol

VN Store

Back