2020 Baseball Schedule

I thought they would be picked a little higher than that.

On another note, does anyone know how practice is going? Who is standing out? Any projections on starters/roles?
I know there is a lot of depth on this team. I’d guess there will be a Lot of position players getting at bats and the staff might ride the hot hand and play matchups. Pitching staff is deep with a potential to have a very strong bullpen. I’m hearing Crochet looking great and Chase Wallace is on another level right now.

I know there is a lot of depth on this team. I’d guess there will be a Lot of position players getting at bats and the staff might ride the hot hand and play matchups. Pitching staff is deep with a potential to have a very strong bullpen. I’m hearing Crochet looking great and Chase Wallace is on another level right now.

after last years lack of mound time (due to several factors), I hope Wallace tears it up this season. He could be the piece that makes the difference between a 1 out of 3 or 2 out of 3 weekend........or Sweep for the Pick'em homers.

after last years lack of mound time (due to several factors), I hope Wallace tears it up this season. He could be the piece that makes the difference between a 1 out of 3 or 2 out of 3 weekend........or Sweep for the Pick'em homers.
His stuff is electric. You’re correct. He could be the X factor. I could def a see a scenario where he pitches himself into a top 3 round guy.

I agree on the pitching depth. The junior pitching staff has a ton of experience. Not to mention the juco guys also. Crochet, Wallace, Hunley and Walsh should provide a lot of leadership for that group. Can’t wait to get rolling!! GBO!

How are JUCO guys looking? Especially pitchers
Really good. Turino in CF and Spence at SS will be key contributors. Pitching has incredible depth and talent. With the emergence of Wallace , you prob figure him and Crochet are Fri , Saturday. With a veteran guy like Hunley who doesn’t light up a radar gun but simply gets outs in big time pressure games and even Sewell possibly filling out the rotation I could see all the juco guys coming out of bullpen. This is just a guess btw. All three are extremely talented. Rackers is a 6 ‘7’ presence pumping mid to upper 90s. Leath is mid 90s with nasty stuff. Dallas throws a ball with movement. It could really shape up to be the best bullpen in the SEC. Gilbert will get innings too. Redmond Walsh, Pleaants, Heflin back again. Just a lot depth. Their won’t by running out of arms again this year like what happened against North Carolina in the regional.

D1 baseball has released their preseason SEC predictions:

West:
1) Arkansas
2) Auburn
3) Miss St
4) LSU
5) Texas A&M
6) Ole Miss
7) Alabama

East:
1) Vandy
2) Florida
3) Georgia
4) South Carolina
5) Missouri
6) Tennessee
7) Kentucky

They have Vandy, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, Auburn, Miss St, LSU, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, and South Carolina as their NCAA regional teams. They think the Vols will be the 12th place team in the conference and miss out on the big dance. Looks like there will be a lot of people surprised by the Vols this season!
Dang I know the sec is tough but I was under the impression that we were supposed to be pretty dang good this year.. guess the writers don’t think so.

Reactions: RollerVol
D1 baseball has released their preseason SEC predictions:

West:
1) Arkansas
2) Auburn
3) Miss St
4) LSU
5) Texas A&M
6) Ole Miss
7) Alabama

East:
1) Vandy
2) Florida
3) Georgia
4) South Carolina
5) Missouri
6) Tennessee
7) Kentucky

They have Vandy, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, Auburn, Miss St, LSU, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, and South Carolina as their NCAA regional teams. They think the Vols will be the 12th place team in the conference and miss out on the big dance. Looks like there will be a lot of people surprised by the Vols this season!

I would have guessed 4th or 5th in the East this year. The talent in this conference is beyond ridiculous. 15-15 SEC should be the goal again this season.

Reactions: RollerVol
This team will be Best team UT has put on the field in Years, Pitching is going to be STRONG , Defense will too and The Bats Will have LOTS of Pop , Speed and Strength is there, Coaching is there! This team is FULL of BASEBALL PLAYERS and PITCHERS , not just bodies but DUDES that know what Team Chemistry and leadership means !!! Calling it, This TEAM will surprise some people this year with lots of success.....I believe this team Hosts and wins a regional, with a shot at NCAA WS... Go Vols and Fans Get out and support these VOLS!!!

This team will be Best team UT has put on the field in Years, Pitching is going to be STRONG , Defense will too and The Bats Will have LOTS of Pop , Speed and Strength is there, Coaching is there! This team is FULL of BASEBALL PLAYERS and PITCHERS , not just bodies but DUDES that know what Team Chemistry and leadership means !!! Calling it, This TEAM will surprise some people this year with lots of success.....I believe this team Hosts and wins a regional, with a shot at NCAA WS... Go Vols and Fans Get out and support these VOLS!!!
Anyone else ready to run through a wall after reading that?

VN Store

Back