2020 Baseball Schedule

No.4 (page)
funny that most big star fans were turned on in 90s. my generation didn't have a clue. know only one guy my age who got No. 1 vinyl decades ago. he's a shrink who grew up in seattle. do remember a box tops show in 67 (maybe) that filled an armory in west knoxville

No.4 (page)
funny that most big star fans were turned on in 90s. my generation didn't have a clue. know only one guy my age who got No. 1 vinyl decades ago. he's a shrink who grew up in seattle. do remember a box tops show in 67 (maybe) that filled an armory in west knoxville

Well I am kinda weird, I came about Big Star in a round about way. I actually spent time at Easley Studio, home of the Bar Kay’s, I miss that place, but yeah, that and Payne’s bbq, big, gigantic, influence on me. I have great memories of Memphis, seems, seemed like a great place to be a working musician.

wow, I've got some Big Star...spent as much time as I could in Memphis...hitchhiked there a lot in the late sixties, early seventies...spent lots of time in the Square...heck, Beale was a cool trip back then too...even for a white guy...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

spent time there often in late 60s and 70s and have been visiting there since 1996 when son enrolled at rhodes

early fave spots included Friday's in Midtown (where Radio City album photos were taken), Fino's, Huey's, an da bar on cooper & young.

since 2000 have been traveling there for mall concerts and for stops on way to StL, where son went to grad school and and kept teaching at Wash U

we've lost track of the time that we've spent in Memphis the past 4-5 yrs on our way to visit son. Lucky to have "quit job' about five years ago because we can take in concerts there and in Southeast and because son started a family. We immediately provideds his first-born (age 3.5) a Big Star onesie that wife had found at Ardent.

Go Vols and go Redbirds!

Last edited:
Reactions: RollerVol
hoping to see a KC game this summer, always liked that ballpark and want to visit the Boulevard brewery.
Both are awesome. Made the trip from Chattanooga for a few days over the Summer for the first time. Watched a game against the Angels at the K. Spent more time at Boulevard than anywhere else haha

One month from tomorrow! It appears to me at least going in that our pitching and depth we have on the mound will be one of our main strengths. I know one thing. I can’t wait to see how the progression from last year to this one. #GB🍊

D1 baseball has released their preseason SEC predictions:

West:
1) Arkansas
2) Auburn
3) Miss St
4) LSU
5) Texas A&M
6) Ole Miss
7) Alabama

East:
1) Vandy
2) Florida
3) Georgia
4) South Carolina
5) Missouri
6) Tennessee
7) Kentucky

They have Vandy, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, Auburn, Miss St, LSU, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, and South Carolina as their NCAA regional teams. They think the Vols will be the 12th place team in the conference and miss out on the big dance. Looks like there will be a lot of people surprised by the Vols this season!

D1 baseball has released their preseason SEC predictions:

West:
1) Arkansas
2) Auburn
3) Miss St
4) LSU
5) Texas A&M
6) Ole Miss
7) Alabama

East:
1) Vandy
2) Florida
3) Georgia
4) South Carolina
5) Missouri
6) Tennessee
7) Kentucky

They have Vandy, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, Auburn, Miss St, LSU, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, and South Carolina as their NCAA regional teams. They think the Vols will be the 12th place team in the conference and miss out on the big dance. Looks like there will be a lot of people surprised by the Vols this season!
Love it! Give the boys some motivation. Thank
You D1 Baseball

VN Store

Back