2020 Bama loss vs 2021 Bama loss

peyton4heisman

Senior Lurker New Member
Let me start by saying for all the people who have a problem with the “bs moral victory threads” that someone kindly asked that nobody start: sorry but this is one of those.
I’m not calling it a “moral victory” but I will say this:

The 2020 Bama loss felt awful. It was embarrassing and I spent the whole week with my head down and my tail between my legs.

This one though? It doesn’t feel the same. I won’t be ashamed to be a Vol this week. The difference is that this year feels like we are ahead of where everyone in the world thought we would be. Our boys went into Tuscaloosa tonight against a Saban-led Tide team beaten, battered, down 15 scholarship players, after having been sentenced to death after the CJP debacle and went in there and scared the baJezus out of SaBear and the Bammers. We are earning respect this year instead of shame.

Say what you will: but I am PROUD of our boys and CJH tonight. I feel GOOD. And I think our future is BRIGHT. I’m no sunshine pumper. After last season I was ready to write Tennessee off for the remainder of my lifetime. But this has been an unexpected surprise. I’m excited about football again.

We fought a lot better tonight...We need help at virtually every position on the field, some more than others...May take a couple of recruiting cycles to get somewhat back to playing better football...It would be great if Nolan would verbal to us in Nov, and maybe pull in some better players...

When it was 38-24 and we were moving the ball, that interception for a 47 yard run back was when the wheels came off. They got the easy TD and now, to the casual observer, seeing the score looks like another Alabama mauling. That pass was poorly thrown - the only one who could have caught that was the Bama DB. Played tough for 3 quarters at least.

Proud of the fight from the boys. Coaching staff is the best one since the Fulmer days.
Most didn’t give em a snowball’s chance in hell of even being in the game, and we’re down by 7 in the 4th.
Almost 100 yards penalties
No running game.
Key injuries in O-line
Defense on the field way too long. Just got gassed and didn’t have quality depth to rotate in. It will come.
Anybody who loves scoring has got to love this offense.
Defense is solid- overperforming for the most part. Just need depth to overcome injuries and keep fresh rotation.
These guys would run through a wall for CJH. That is exponentially better than the culture under the gump.

When it was 38-24 and we were moving the ball, that interception for a 47 yard run back was when the wheels came off. They got the easy TD and now, to the casual observer, seeing the score looks like another Alabama mauling. That pass was poorly thrown - the only one who could have caught that was the Bama DB. Played tough for 3 quarters at least.

That is correct, it ended the game

F**kin Bamers are smoking in the stadium and the broadcast team is just like "look at all the pretty smoke." It is illegal to smoke in a stadium throw the lot of them out of the game.

Edit: SEC needs to fine Bama for smoking in the stadium
The smoke waters down the covid germs..lol

Reactions: sami
Just my opinion...this type of offense will never beat a team like Bama. It puts too much pressure on the defense, and eventually they wear down and can no longer make stops. We can't have this kind of time of possession discrepancy and expect to win against good teams.

That said, the rest of the season except UGA should be fun.

Reactions: PG1
Just my opinion...this type of offense will never beat a team like Bama. It puts too much pressure on the defense, and eventually they wear down and can no longer make stops. We can't have this kind of time of possession discrepancy and expect to win against good teams.

Tell that to Hugh Freeze & Gus Malzhan.

The type of offensive scheme isn't what did us in. It was Bama's Depth and talent. We had some things go our way but in the end the better team won and won big. I'm not disappointed. I'm proud our beaten and depleted team down something like 15 schollies went into the armpit of hell and tried their asses off

It actually tells the story perfectly. When you're so undermanned you have to play a near perfect game to pull off a win like this, we clearly did not and got bent over the last 10 mins of play.
You can either have a glass half full or glass half empty outlook to this game. I think us playing them hard for 3 quarters with a chance to win in the 4th quarter is pretty dang impressive all things considered.

It actually tells the story perfectly. When you're so undermanned you have to play a near perfect game to pull off a win like this, we clearly did not and got bent over the last 10 mins of play.

Even if we would have played perfect we still would have lost.

VN Store

Back