2020-21 Season. JG Potential

Will JG be a top-5 SEC QB this season?

• Total voters
I don’t disagree at all with this statement. That’s the only reason I was saying that JG was the best option last year. I fear that HB might be the same this year, especially because of the missed practices.

It didn't help in the preseason that the position was so thin he never had to compete for the spot. To the that point he only earned it by seniority and not production.

There is more experience behind him now than before and more talent as well. At worse, thats gonna change from last year.

Reactions: ScottyP5
:D:D:D

You're a little too sensitive on that subject... aren't you? You had a great opportunity to separate yourself from that "other" poster... and chose to defend "him" in words that sound like "his".

If you don't want to be accused of being "him" then stop acting and posting so much like "him".
It doesn't rile me up at all, I think it's childish and weird to accuse others of having 2 screen names. You can't be so simple minded that you think everyone shares your same opinion. People get tired of debating you because you offer nothing but the same old stale argument that JG is dumb, something I and a bunch of others simply don't believe to be so.

Thats career numbers. Playing for 3 years. Nevermind the fact Joe Burrow almost doubled his TD numbers in one year of football than in JGs lifetime. Any top tier SEC QB throws for 30 in a season if theyre not running for 10-20 TDs.
I wondered what the actual numbers were so I looked it up. Kind of surprising but there have only been about 20 or so QBs throw 30 TDs in a season in the SEC. We’ve had 3 guys do it... ever.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Neither Shrout nor Maurer were ready last year. And Pruitt and Chaney both knew that. Its a pretty loud point when you pull a RS JR for a true FR a handful of games into a season knowing you don't really want to play the guy. JG forced their hand.
I don't guess JG playing with a hand so injured he could not tie his own shoes had anything to do with some of those missed starts, erratic play being the other. The Fr got 5 starts last year, I'd say that they were given every opportunity to take over the position, I wonder why it didn't happen, was it because they were Fr?

I don't guess JG playing with a hand so injured he could not tie his own shoes had anything to do with some of those missed starts, erratic play being the other. The Fr got 5 starts last year, I'd say that they were given every opportunity to take over the position, I wonder why it didn't happen, was it because they were Fr?
Injury. No more need be said on that subject.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

Did JG break his hand against Florida?

Ive never said he wasn't the best option. Only that he got yanked 4 games in for a guy that wasn't ready to play in this conference, and his coaches knew it. That was a loud point being made. Basically, we don't want to play a Fr because he's not ready, but that doesn't mean we really want to play you either.

Did JG break his hand against Florida?
Terrible game to reference, the entire team played so bad that game that Pruitt cleaned house and ran off 4 or 5 guys just moments after that game, if he thought JG was the problem he would have run him off just as fast.

Terrible game to reference, the entire team played so bad that game that Pruitt cleaned house and ran off 4 or 5 guys just moments after that game, if he thought JG was the problem he would have run him off just as fast.

It was referenced because he didn't start the next game against UGA and it didn't have anything to do with his ability to tie his cleats up.

Do you pull a starting RS JR QB for a FR against the best defense in college football if you don't think he's at least part of the problem?

It was referenced because he didn't start the next game against UGA and it didn't have anything to do with his ability to tie his cleats up.

Do you pull a starting RS JR QB for a FR against the best defense in college football if you don't think he's at least part of the problem?
Why bring it up, I had already referenced his erratic play as one of the reasons he lost starts, did you just avoid that part?

Why bring it up, I had already referenced his erratic play as one of the reasons he lost starts, did you just avoid that part?

Avoid what?

You quoted me and went straight into explaining JGs poor play due to injury.

I followed with this.

Ive never said he wasn't the best option. Only that he got yanked 4 games in for a guy that wasn't ready to play in this conference, and his coaches knew it. That was a loud point being made. Basically, we don't want to play a Fr because he's not ready, but that doesn't mean we really want to play you either.

The bold is the story of the season for that position.

Lol, neither Fr looked injured to me vs Ky or Indiana.
Injured at that point? No. Rusty? Absolutely. And only possessing the ball for 8 min, on a cold night, after a month since his last action will do that to ya. So we’ve established that a well oiled JG is better than a rusty BM. You should celebrate your victory.

And he was rightly reinserted into that game as well, good thing too as we'd have never won that game without him.

He responded well after being pulled again yes, but honestly you re going straight up bias if you don't mention why he got benched and why we were down 2 scores to begin with.

It wasn't just because everybody else was sucking at that point.

And he was rightly reinserted into that game as well, good thing too as we'd have never won that game without him.
No one can confidently say that without doubt. Maurer was noticeably better in the second qtr than he was in the first (of course were only talking about the whole 2 min that were left in the first by the time we got the ball, but it was a pretty bad looking series). He had a pretty damn good second qtr though, passing for 98 yards and rushing for 20. Some may call that “settling in”. Js

No one can confidently say that without doubt. Maurer was noticeably better in the second qtr than he was in the first (of course were only talking about the whole 2 min that were left in the first by the time we got the ball, but it was a pretty bad looking series). He had a pretty damn good second qtr though, passing for 98 yards and rushing for 20. Some may call that “settling in”. Js
Im pretty sure he's referring to the IU game. Thats the one Im referring to.

He responded well after being pulled again yes, but honestly you re going straight up bias if you don't mention why he got benched and why we were down 2 scores to begin with.

It wasn't just because everybody else was sucking at that point.
Why do you think the Indiana game should have been a blowout? Vegas had it as a 2-3 point game if my memory serves me right.

Reactions: feathersax
Injured at that point? No. Rusty? Absolutely. And only possessing the ball for 8 min, on a cold night, after a month since his last action will do that to ya. So we’ve established that a well oiled JG is better than a rusty BM. You should celebrate your victory.
Another set of excuses from you about BM, what a shock.

Im pretty sure he's referring to the IU game. Thats the one Im referring to.
Yes. He would do that. The kid had one series in the IU game after only playing for 8 minutes vs UK. All he has to use against his play (outside of his 2 mistakes vs MSU) is when he was at a disadvantage.

Why do you think the Indiana game should have been a blowout? Vegas had it as a 2-3 point game if my memory serves me right.

And Im avoiding?

Why was JG benched during the game?

I ll give a hint. In wasn't cause UT was covering the 3.5 Vegas had them by at the time.

I'll answer yours.
I never said UT should have blown Indiana out. (whatever that definition exactly is) I was expecting UT to win by a couple scores which was very attainable. At least until we started throwing them the ball and giving them points off our offense.

And Im avoiding?

Why was JG benched during the game?

I ll give a hint. In wasn't cause UT was covering the 3.5 Vegas had them by at the time.

I'll answer yours.
I never said UT should have blown Indiana out. (whatever that definition exactly is) I was expecting UT to win by a couple scores which was very attainable. At least until we started throwing them the ball and giving them points off our offense.
That's usually what happens when you turn the ball over, it killed us early in the year as well. It's the main reason we played multiple QBs last year. JG is certainly not perfect and he turned it over too much last season for anyone's liking but he wasn't nearly the threat to give the ball to the other team as our young Fr were.

Another set of excuses from you about BM, what a shock.
As if you’re here to be fair and not making excuses for JG? At least the “excuses” you accuse me of are legit. Name one qb that’s ever missed a significant amount of game action and looked like his old self right out of gate on his return.......I’ll wait.

VN Store

Back