2019 Wish list

allenfan1

I haven't posted yet this year because I seldom have anything good to say about the woman pretending to be a coach. I attended my first game on Friday night and nothing has changed. She is completely clueless on how to coach. It has been a number of years since I have seen so much INDIVIDUAL talent on one team. I would never have thought that she would be allowed to pull our program down to average at best, destroying what Pat gave her whole life to build. Anyone who had any respect for Pat, and what she built would just admit her failure and step down. I understand that many people like her as a person, and that she has proven to be an EXCELLENT recruiter. I think the same thing is about to happen to the Lady Vol's that has happened to the football program, and it will take many years to move up to where we were. I hope we win every game, but after watching and listening to her interview postgame, we may be in for a long season. I just read she told her team that with Auburn's style of play that they (Lady Vols) would turn the ball over, how's that for teaching, preparing, and encouragement. The only comment that I made about Fulmer when he got the Athletic Director is that is friends with Holly, and she would not be fired. You can love her, or hate her, but you can't change the fact that she can not coach, and I hope your wish is the same as mine for her to step down.

I haven't posted yet this year because I seldom have anything good to say about the woman pretending to be a coach. I attended my first game on Friday night and nothing has changed. She is completely clueless on how to coach. It has been a number of years since I have seen so much INDIVIDUAL talent on one team. I would never have thought that she would be allowed to pull our program down to average at best, destroying what Pat gave her whole life to build. Anyone who had any respect for Pat, and what she built would just admit her failure and step down. I understand that many people like her as a person, and that she has proven to be an EXCELLENT recruiter. I think the same thing is about to happen to the Lady Vol's that has happened to the football program, and it will take many years to move up to where we were. I hope we win every game, but after watching and listening to her interview postgame, we may be in for a long season. I just read she told her team that with Auburn's style of play that they (Lady Vols) would turn the ball over, how's that for teaching, preparing, and encouragement. The only comment that I made about Fulmer when he got the Athletic Director is that is friends with Holly, and she would not be fired. You can love her, or hate her, but you can't change the fact that she can not coach, and I hope your wish is the same as mine for her to step down.
I agree with everything you said in this post. However, I believe there is hope for Holly as a coach. She spent 30 years as an assistant coach at UT, Nebraska and one other school. This long career as an assistant coach helped her and it hurt her. As an assistant, she learned how to develop rapport with the players. This has helped her greatly as a recruiter. But, a head coach must have both rapport with the players and respect as a leader from the players to be successful. Holly did not learn this as an assistant coach.
I believe that Holly can be a good if not great coach if she can develop leadership respect from her players.

is this wish list just for bashing Holly...if not, I wish to see the Lady Vols cut down the net after the SEC Championship game...:D

GO HOLLY AND GO LADY VOLS!

RollerVol.this thread was started as a "bash Holly" forum. The constant sniping and whining from a select cadre of posters continues,ad nauseum,to affect and try to sway in every thread. One has a tough time going to any Lady Vol thread without having to read of the animus toward Holly. She is the Lady Vol coach,and will be for the foreseeable future. No amount of verbiage from forum posters will change that fact. Would be nice to read critiques of games,players.and coaching decisions without seeing,as Gule says"Fahr Holly" in those posts.

As Always---Go Lady Vols!!

Just finished watching some old Lady Vols games. 98, UConn vs Tennessee. Boy that was a game. Holdsclaw, was ill, still managed to come up big, Randall was bull that night, Catchings quietly went about her game and had a solid night. 24,000 plus packed TBA. Man I miss those days. The team played top notch man to man defense, nothing was easy. There were no ill advised shots. They worked the ball around and it was a lot of paint points and mid range, they only took about 5-7 threes. And Coach Pat Summit did a fantastic job coaching. She was in players faces, took them out when they made a mistake and spoke to them. That stare! Even from my tablet I could feel it watching her.

1. Win SEC and NCAA basketball tournaments (men's and women's)

2. Stop losing football games to trash coaches and programs through classic choke plays (like the South Carolina game this past year and our no-show vs. Vandy).

3. Actually make a bowl game - and win it. Tired of watching just about every other school in the country play in the seemingly thousands of no-name bowl games knowing that we couldn't manage to qualify for one.

4. Start looking like a respectable football program again.

5. Return the Lady Vols to dominance.

I agree with the sentiment of your post, but because of the weak schedule and down SEC, the LVs will probably have a fair number of wins and few losses, meaning that CHW will remain at UT for some time. Unless they lose their first tournament game, I can’t see her getting fired, though I would much prefer a new coach.

Wishlist:

Play smart, be disciplined, ease up on the 3 point shots and take it to the hole! Cut down on the turnovers, move and slide your feet on Defense and not bail out the other team by making silly reach fouls. Value the basketball and possession, and take some pride wearing the Lady Vols uniform and representing this University.
I really wish they would watch some old videos of our past Lady Vol teams.

Reactions: RollerVol

Conjecture. Why don't you wait til the end of the season to post, that is IF you're a LV fan. She ain't going anywhere until then. Wait til the end then you'll have some actual facts to put with your argument. But you might as well stop bitchin for now. It serves no purpose.

Wishlist:

Play smart, be disciplined, ease up on the 3 point shots and take it to the hole! Cut down on the turnovers, move and slide your feet on Defense and not bail out the other team by making silly reach fouls. Value the basketball and possession, and take some pride wearing the Lady Vols uniform and representing this University.
I really wish they would watch some old videos of our past Lady Vol teams.
I wish they would show some pride in wearing the Lady Vols uniform and pull their shorts out of their underwear. This is disgusting. I wish Holly would demand respect for our outstanding program.

I wish they would show some pride in wearing the Lady Vols uniform and pull their shorts out of their underwear. This is disgusting. I wish Holly would demand respect for our outstanding program.

We’ve Got Bigger Fish to Fry!

I hope the Lady Vols continue to improve as a team and make their real fans even more proud than they already are.

I also wish the best for all the other athletic programs..
What is your definition of a real fan ?

My wish list, and today against Missouri would be a good time to implement it: consistency, focus, poise, the ability to stick to and execute a game plan, and improvement and development, both team and individual, from game to game.

Sounds simple but these attributes make the absolute difference in good teams and great, championship-contending ones. More importantly to our current situation, its the difference in good coaches and great ones. Almost all coaches, by the time they reach the collegiate level, can coach Xs and Os. Its the intangibles, Pat's beloved mental toughness, that are so hard to consistently instill in a team. Geno (ugh) does it probably better than any coach in college history. Rick Barnes is currently an ongoing intangibles coaching clinic. Sadly, it's exactly the coaching magic trick Holly (and most of the rest of good-not-great coaches) lacks.

It's no one's fault; Pat, the UT admin, and Holly herself had every reason given her history to believe she was prepared for the intangibles challenge. But only when one actually runs a team and a program do we find out if they can pull it off. So far, she simply has not. And this far in, is not likely to ever be able to.

This is NOT bashing! I'd be overjoyed if she suddenly showed the ability to call time out and keep a bad five minutes from becoming a bad quarter, to keep 5 turnovers from becoming 15. If her teams were even fairly consistent or if top-ranked recruits developed over the course of their careers I'd be so happy for her. Let it begin today!

VN Store

Back