2019 Team MVP w/2 games to go

Year to date team MVP (choose 2)

• T. Chandler 597 yds 5.1 per attempt 3 td

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ty4Vols

Assistant Superintendent, Dorchester
With 2 to go and the Vols at 5-5 who is your leader to date as the 2019 team MVP? There are no wrong votes and use your comments to make your case. Each person gets 2 votes so you can choose 1 offensive and 1 defensive MVP. The poll will remain open until Sunday 11/17. If you make an error or.change your.mind you can change your votes.

***If you hate polls that is an option as well!

Go Vols

Reactions: RollerVol
I voted Bituli. I love Jennings as much as the next guy and he's our offensive MVP no question. His heart, his leadership and desire is unmatched there. We have some talented WRs behind him however, and I've never been one to believe that individuals that play outside the numbers win and lose you football games consistently over a long stretch of data.

However, I have no idea what our defense looks like without Bituli. He's the anchor in the middle and allows the younger FR and SO to play more with their eyes as he has them lined up in the right spots. With that, they're able to be put into positions to succeed by the coaching staff. Without Bituli, it's fair to say the impressive play by that group as a whole is significantly worse just from the mental aspect, before we even talk about the on field play.

His consistency has kept us in games this year longer then we should have been on that side (mainly UGA and Alabama come to mind - personally noticed a significant drop off once he was ejected for the ridiculous targeting) and you could argue we may not win last saturday night in Lexington without him in the run first attack.

Interesting debate though.

Went Jennings and Bituli and saw poll results. No votes for Warrior so I switched to Jennings/Warrior. Maybe not the mvp but needed him to step up this year, and he did.

Reactions: Ty4Vols and goldvol
I'm just glad at this point we get to have an argument about 3 really really good defensive players. I voted for Taylor, because he's a disruptive force for the QB, but there's arguments for Warrior and Bituli. Bituli I feel is getting some extra love because of the recent highlights, maybe deservedly

^^ @windyvol I felt the same way. Nigel deserves some love

Reactions: Ty4Vols
Im not really sure how it’s not Guarantano on offense. With the exception of the rogue sneak call in Tuscaloser, He has pulled us out of the ditch in every game since MSU. Nobody else has had near as much success without him. We definitely dont beat Kensucky if he doesn’t have a great second half.

I went with Jennings for more than just his stats, he's the leader of this team and the other players feed off his intensity. But a case could be made for any on that list especially JG, he's like an old truck sometimes it doesn't crank but when it does it runs pretty good

Jennings set the tone for the season after week 2. His leadership solidified this team and helped to turn this thing around.

I hate polls, but I can't just pick one player...all the players listed contributed in "big" ways to our comeback to where we are now...I'm not very good at splitting hairs either...:D:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

Bituli and Jennings. Had I third vote it would have gone to Tootoo. The UK goal stand on third down Tootoo stepped in the hole like a grown axx man and made a textbook hit for the stop. LBs dream of making a tackle like that. He has 56 to Bitulis 60 TFLs, that's an insane stat for a true freshman.

VN Store

Back