2019 Target List

My assessment based on the video is he is not overly athletic but he is very skilled. His vertical doesn't appear to be great but it doesn't have to be when you are 7' tall. He also falls on dunks sometimes and get off balance which lead me to this conclusion. However his skill and developed game is high level. Just the way he handles the ball, range and the ball comes off his hands when he shoots. I would imagine his offense is ahead of his defense at this point which is ok. In Barnes system most players improve in this area. Clearly UVA plays high level defense as well. Besides UVA and Michigan, he visited Vanderbilt as well which tells you academics are important. I hope we get that OV.

If he does reclassification to '19 then he would be able to play a year with William's, Bone, Bowden and Turner and learn the culture without having to be the guy. Then him and James become center pieces of UT basketball in 2020 as sophomore high and low threats. I think that class will be more guard heavy based on the current makeup of the team.

I saw the same things. I was most impressed with his handle. He will improve immensely IMO.

I see we are on after Mich. State again. Wonder what channels we will be on for the first two switches.

Interesting.. didn’t know they was still recruiting

Attachments

• CCF3B94B-D6AB-4BF4-AED0-0FE157B89CEC.jpeg
    CCF3B94B-D6AB-4BF4-AED0-0FE157B89CEC.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 76
Interesting.. didn’t know they was still recruiting

Potentially could be two things:

1) Don’t like their chances with Walker Kessler or for him to reclassify (super speculative)

2) Could expect another departure or Grant going pro.

I think it is clear that we are anticipating a spot opening up. Where that spot comes from is up for speculation.

I think it is clear that we are anticipating a spot opening up. Where that spot comes from is up for speculation.
You take Kessler because he is a special talent. If we are still recruiting Jitobah you have to think Coach Barnes knows one of our bigs is out the door. I can't see us keeping Kent, Burns, Fulkerson, Walker, Pember and Jitobah all on a roster for next year. Especially since they each have at least two more years to play.

Totally agree with this. One would have to believe that if it isn't being opened up by Grant going pro that it'll be one of our backup bigs transferring as the remaining 2019 targets we seem to be going after are 6'9 or taller

You take Kessler because he is a special talent. If we are still recruiting Jitobah you have to think Coach Barnes knows one of our bigs is out the door. I can't see us keeping Kent, Burns, Fulkerson, Walker, Pember and Jitobah all on a roster for next year. Especially since they each have at least two more years to play.

I’m 100% sure Kent will be gone next year either transfer or medical leave.

It wouldn’t shock me if Walker transfer if he thinks Burns is ahead of him next year.

I think @bleedingTNorange has mentioned the possibility of Pember going to prep school and moving Pember to 2020 but I believe that has been taken off the table. I could be wrong.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Seems pretty clear who one of the people leaving is. As zjc stated we could have 2. It started getting pretty clear around this time last year that Darrington was leaving.

Obviously, Zach Kent seems to be the most obvious candidate for a transfer. Kessler is obviously the preferred target from a talent perspective, but Jitoboh is an intriguing project that could develop nicely. That said, he currently averages 8 pts, 6 rebs, and 2 blks a game. Doesn’t inspire a ton of confidence, especially since he hasn’t played great statistically in some of his team’s biggest games this year. Brian Williams would seem like a fair comparison at this point. So, the drop-off from Kessler to Jitoboh would seem significant.

Obviously, Zach Kent seems to be the most obvious candidate for a transfer. Kessler is obviously the preferred target from a talent perspective, but Jitoboh is an intriguing project that could develop nicely. That said, he currently averages 8 pts, 6 rebs, and 2 blks a game. Doesn’t inspire a ton of confidence, especially since he hasn’t played great statistically in some of his team’s biggest games this year. Brian Williams would seem like a fair comparison at this point. So, the drop-off from Kessler to Jitoboh would seem significant.
I watched Hamilton Heights play one game and I know it was only one game but Jitobah did not impress. Brian Williams is probably a good comparison. I thought of Charles Hathaway. Barnes has shown the ability to develop players and I think Jitobah would need a redshirt year and time to become a player like Brian Williams. I knew there was speculation about Kent leaving but it sounds like some in the know feel pretty confident.

Potentially could be two things:

1) Don’t like their chances with Walker Kessler or for him to reclassify (super speculative)

2) Could expect another departure or Grant going pro.
Or 3. They’re keeping their options open and allowing someone from HHCA to UOV instead of ignoring them, keeping that relationship in good standing.

I’m 100% sure Kent will be gone next year either transfer or medical leave.

It wouldn’t shock me if Walker transfer if he thinks Burns is ahead of him next year.

I think @bleedingTNorange has mentioned the possibility of Pember going to prep school and moving Pember to 2020 but I believe that has been taken off the table. I could be wrong.

Yea the Pember stuff seems to have been shelved, it was an option Pember was open to if the staff didn’t have room in 2019, but they want him on campus ASAP so that’s off the table.

Kent definitely appears to be on his way out, if there’s any moves from there I’m not sure, as you mentioned Walker wouldn’t shock me.

VN Store

Back